Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "JSLICE20" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 1:41am

I would argue that the Assault player should not have chased after me or should have kept his distance, so that my charge would not have been as effective. In this case he can dodge a potential charge or shoot me down in case of a charge.

Corner charging is typically the result of the victim being out of position or chasing after the would be charger. Chasing is a bad tactic as it typically evokes tunnel vision and is not 100% effective to guarantee the kill.

--------------------------------------

I was playing Team Deathmatch yesterday with the Automatico (I'm in the process of training my aim and developing muscle memory without any form of Console Aim Assist; I play on PS4) on Amiens (quite the coincidence, no?).

After spawning by the train tracks I decided to go through the alley to the right to flank the enemy team. I went through the alley to the floor of the apartment building that oversees the would be Conquest "B" Flag and positioned myself at the window; the door itself was either destroyed or open.

There were 3 targets in front of me:

One running towards the plaza
One heading to the blue double doors leading to the center of the map
And another to the right of my location outside of my periphery

Before I could engage the target running to the plaza he existed my field of view, so I shot and killed the target running to the double doors. Now I didn't see anyone else, so I figured I'd reload. I took a couple steps back to ensure a bit of safety, and in the middle of reloading the 3rd target appeared in front of the window, saw me fumbling with my reload and immediately charged me through the door. I panicked, my aim was off, and he plunged his Bayonet right into my gut.

I was pissed at the time, but through analyzing the situation I was technically out of position/ caught with my pants down and I deserved to be killed there. It was of no fault but my own.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Jan 29th 2017, 4:25am) with the following reason: Changed to past tense.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 7:03am

It is not a major issue with head on charging but charging around the corner. The speed is so quick that there is not enough time to kill the charging person. One of the most frustrating bayonette deaths was on Amien where i was peeking an assault around a corner. I saw other enemies as well so i decided to go back behind a corner and wait. Suddenly the assault came around the corner charging, with me hearing the shout after he turned the corner. He turned like 60 degrees and killed me after i put 2 SLR rounds into him. Note that I was looking in that direction and I started shooting right after i saw him and I didnt miss any shots. In this case I do not think he was more skillful that me

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 7:20am

@sid_tai

You make the decision to stop peeking as you see multiple enemies coming. For what it's worth, you know you're outnumbered and at the very least the enemy assault you were fighting knows of your presence.

The enemy assault took a "gamble" on charging past the corner. Judging from your words, you managed to shoot him twice without fail. This means that you were very close to the corner you just ran from.

Why is it a gamble? If you'd decided to run further back you might've had enough time to kill the assault before he was able to connect with his Bayonet charge. Of course, there's other factors here such as you being spotted so the assault player made a conscious decision knowing you didn't go far past the corner, you thinking you wouldn't have enough time to reach a good position to retaliate from if you ran further back and other things like that.

If anything I'd say it was more of a mistake on your part for not properly distancing yourself while using an SLR (since after you stop taking initiative -peeking- around the corner CQB is favoured for the Assault), maybe the gun you were using wasn't suited for the engagement (big difference in only being able to fire twice with the M1916 than with the Model 8, etc).

In all cases though, I think it's more of a mistake on your part than the whole "skill" thing. Granted this is just a bunch of hypothetical stuff as I have no idea whatsoever how your situation actually played out.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, January 30th 2017, 12:57am

It happened a couple of months ago and if I remember correctly I was using the Cei rigotti factory. The thing that I remembered most fondly was that it was bullshit due to a very high turn rate, how far he was from me when the bayonette locked on to me and how little time I had to react and shoot. If he peeked me with say an automatico and dropped me due to faster TTK it would have been much less frustrating.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, February 19th 2017, 4:47am

So normally, I'd just complain about a recent string of bad luck with charging, but in the spirit of the thread, I'll try to express myself in a useful and productive way.

One of the greatest flaws in the mechanic, is that if the enemy player starts moving in a new direction as you close in, you can't possible hit them. Even slightly strafing to the side is enough to dodge. (Of course, if you have no time to react, you can't manage that.)