Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, December 28th 2016, 5:53pm

The machine guns on the A7V are totally fine. They shred things if the gunner isn't a turd and the guy driving isn't a spaz. The biggest issue is that the driver needs to angle himself so that the machine guns can actually look for work.

In addition, it it highly advisable to anyone reading that decoupling gunner positions from turning in the Options menu is a must. Otherwise when ever the driver turns in a tank or plane the gun will follow suit instead of pointing in the direction you aim.

And we could have the best of both worlds with a locking feature. The solo player who wants to recruit blueberries to his landship crew can set it to team lock. The group players who want to operate their landship in peace without blueberries breaking up their crew can set theirs to squad or friend lock.

Locking the doors of vehicles would just enable trolling.

'Nuff said.

But of course you can, you get a tank spawn and if you really want to use your squad to man it, they can redeploy and get in as soon as they are ready. This is how easy it works.

This is smart. At the spawn screen if you select/ hover over a vehicle slot it essentially gives you the vehicle before spawning into it/ prevents other players from taking it (at least this is true to my experience). If Blueberries spawning into a Landship Sponson is detrimental to a dedicated Landship crew this is a good workaround as it doesn't require DICE to introduce a whole new feature, which, as we know, encases the potential to break another aspect or create a new bug.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

• "pTowel" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 16th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, December 30th 2016, 12:52pm

I don't think enough has been said. I don't see how a driver-only lock setting that can't be changed on spawn would enable trolling. Could you give an example on how such a feature can be abused for trolling?

I think I've already made 3 posts about this. It's not about having trouble spawning inside the landship in the first place. It's about being able to get out and do other things like repairing or giving a squadmate a spawn point in the case of the 3 seater tank hunter variant, without risking your sponson seat being stolen by a blueberry. You end up being fearful of such risks and end up never getting out, just because the risk of it happening is so high with the 'anyone can spawn' mechanic.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, December 30th 2016, 9:49pm

I don't think enough has been said. I don't see how a driver-only lock setting that can't be changed on spawn would enable trolling. Could you give an example on how such a feature can be abused for trolling?

I think I've already made 3 posts about this. It's not about having trouble spawning inside the landship in the first place. It's about being able to get out and do other things like repairing or giving a squadmate a spawn point in the case of the 3 seater tank hunter variant, without risking your sponson seat being stolen by a blueberry. You end up being fearful of such risks and end up never getting out, just because the risk of it happening is so high with the 'anyone can spawn' mechanic.

That doesn't make a lock the only solution, especially as it's very far from ideal. I'm not against making the sponson seats squad-only and the other two team-spawn, and I'm also not against adding a temporary and not-player-controlled lock to a seat for ~10 seconds after exiting the vehicle (specifically for exiting, and only for driver seats in tanks and the Mark V's sponsons).

Another solution would be to enable spawning on a vehicle even if its full, and you'd just spawn beside it like you would a foot solider. This would allow vehicles to be fully crewed and effective while also not losing their very powerful spawn ability. I'd also absolutely extend this to Horses, with flanking and penetrating deep into enemy territory being one of their best abilities, yet it's effectively useless because they'll never get support.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 11:18pm

The solution to this seems simple to me: The first person to spawn in the vehicle, owns the vehicle. They may exit the vehicle and continue to own it until they move outside of a certain radius (say 7.5m). If ownership is released, the next person to enter the vehicle is the new owner. The owner may kick a teammate from their vehicle.

That way, spawn points are maintained; if passengers do something stupid, the owner can boot them; the owner may exit to repair or fight on foot, but loses it if he bails on it; vehicles can be stolen by enemies if they win, but not by friendlies. The capacity for teamwork is not diminished but the capacity for griefing is limited to the driver of the vehicle who has that capacity regardless (he can always drive out of bounds/into enemies/other forms of suicide)

This solution strikes me as appeasing all of the perspectives expressed in this thread. Thoughts?