Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "leptis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 17th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 12:16pm

The Lewis was buffed ( Symthic style remake)

In accordance with the "constitutional" principle of Symthic:

"We're a community that love being gaming scientists and helping others by saying things like, "up to 11.525 meters that weapon will 1 hit kill with a headshot" as opposed to "yeah that gun feels good, nahh that one doesn't".

I'm going to do a remake with Symthic style of the thread

The Lewis was buffed

started by

@sgtCrookyGrin

And thus I test the simulator in its final version (Recoil Control, variable length of the burst, burst analyzer, new diagnostic panels and other new features).

Analysis: LEWIS GUN LOW WEIGHT Before patches( initial parameters) / marked as (1) VS After patches (15th NOV and 13th DEC). Current features.

(Apart from the usability features: overheat, reload, etc ...)

Change in damage curve (calculated at fixed distances (10, 20, 30....)

Spoiler Spoiler

ADS (not "splined" curve of probaility to kill for better appreciation):

Spoiler Spoiler

MOVE:

Spoiler Spoiler

HIP:

Spoiler Spoiler

CONCLUSIONS:

1.- The main changes focus on ADS usage. The combination of greater damage across the range of use and reduction of spread improves the probability of killing and the TTK by 15%. The best hits concentration improves aiming tolerance.

2.- The change of damage improves the results moving but only in an intermediate range (20m). The dispersivity limits the improvement at 30 m.

3.- No substantial changes Hipfiring. Note the high dispersivity.

(tell me if you can't see the whole images).

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "leptis" (Dec 23rd 2016, 1:49pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 12:40pm

@leptis

The images are indeed bit hard to read and can't open "full sized" image, but I figure they are big enough to show relevant info ^^.

And dang, your charts keep getting prettier and handier every post. Especially the spider-web thingy is handy when done correctly (tried to add one to Symthic once but figured it would be too 'dumbed down').
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 1:17pm

@leptis

The images are indeed bit hard to read and can't open "full sized" image, but I figure they are big enough to show relevant info ^^.

And dang, your charts keep getting prettier and handier every post. Especially the spider-web thingy is handy when done correctly (tried to add one to Symthic once but figured it would be too 'dumbed down').

That is one of the purposes of this post: to test the outputs of the simulator.

I will modify the panel and edit the images so they can be seen. Maybe with a more vertical configuration.

The spider-web graph is best way I've come across to appreciate at a glance the parameter comparisons, because for instance, with ROF = 700, spread = 0.120, etc. it's difficult to represent the comparison. Here I have chosen the second weapon is always 1, and the first has the relative values. This is very useful in a group of weapons if the value 1 is attributed to the average group parameter.

EDIT: Graphs edited to a vertical configuration. OK?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "leptis" (Dec 23rd 2016, 1:42pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 2:53pm

Possibly a bit better. I don't know how you take your images but if you can take a larger images that would be nice (text is bit hard to read, or is it just my screen/eyes?).

And indeed spider-web is handy for one vs. one (or maybe one vs. rest) comparisons but from my other projects I feel like having multiple (+4) lines starts to make it bit messy. Nevertheless, for weapon patches like it seems to be very convenient.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 4:01pm

Nice to see some really well done work @leptis even if I can't really understand the overall meaning behind each graph...

So I'm assuming with your conclusions, overall the Lewis ADS performance is simply better now and does this mean using Optical is the most beneficial of the variants?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 8:19pm

Possibly a bit better. I don't know how you take your images but if you can take a larger images that would be nice (text is bit hard to read, or is it just my screen/eyes?).

And indeed spider-web is handy for one vs. one (or maybe one vs. rest) comparisons but from my other projects I feel like having multiple (+4) lines starts to make it bit messy. Nevertheless, for weapon patches like it seems to be very convenient.

My usual procedure for posting graphic images is to directly copy the graphic from EXCEL to Photoshop (possibly correct size), save to JPG, upload to IGMUR and post the link. Photoshop manages quite well the conversion and the images are clear.

But when the image is composed, like the panel, in which there are backgroud, frames, cells with numbers and graphics, the only way I know to do it at the same time is "print screen", paste in Photoshop, etc. " Print Screen "produces slightly blurry images, especially if your screen has more resolution than mine.

If you know another route please tell me.

The graphics "spider-web" are very good to give an idea of multiparametric characteristics. Especially to see the position of an element in the general map of characteristics.

Look at this: AUTO WEAPONS. Values relative to the average. Black: AVERAGE. Red: LEWIS LOW WEIGHT. Gray: OTHER. (Direct Procedure to post)

Nice to see some really well done work @leptis even if I can't really understand the overall meaning behind each graph...

So I'm assuming with your conclusions, overall the Lewis ADS performance is simply better now and does this mean using Optical is the most beneficial of the variants?

I will do tomorrow the LEWIS LWeight Vs LEWIS Optical comparison. Versions need a more fine comparison ( they tend to have very similar results).

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "leptis" (Dec 24th 2016, 7:52pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 9:25pm

I recommend a screen capture application like Gyazo. You can capture the relevant portion of the screen quickly without having to go through the process of cropping and uploading.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 24th 2016, 8:14pm

I have checked the difference between LEWIS LOW WEIGHT and LEWIS OPTICAL before and after the patches (BEFORE-UP/AFTER-DOWN)

Before there was a slight difference in favor of LEWIS OPTICAL. Now they have practically the same results. Both improve at 20-30 m. (7-12%).

It seems that the logic of the version has been broken.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "leptis" (Dec 24th 2016, 8:24pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, December 24th 2016, 9:03pm

@leptis

This would mean the only reason to use the Optical variant is because it has optics instead of irons?...

Seems like a balance issue DICE might need to address.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, December 25th 2016, 3:35am

@leptis

This would mean the only reason to use the Optical variant is because it has optics instead of irons?...

Seems like a balance issue DICE might need to address.

Is it though? That seems like plenty of reason to choose one or the other.
Who Enjoys, Wins