Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 7:45pm

I find it curious how often I see people saying something like 300rpm is too fast to be usable/comfortable/etc with a semi-auto weapon; the pocket pistols are among my favourite sidearms, and I love the M1903 Experimental and Model 8 as well, and I've never felt they're too fast for me to keep up. I'm not trying to sound like "look how amazing I am" or anything, I'm just legitimately interested in what causes these sorts of differences. Physical differences in hands/fingers/muscles? Different platforms (input methods)? General preference in playstyle?

What I can never use for the life of me is low RoF automatic weapons, at least unless they have basically no recoil, like a bipodded MG. I don't think my brain connects with firing animations/sounds as well as it does with my own physical movement, or however you want to phrase it. What I mean is, on the Sweeper I always end up, well "sweeping" my aim, but I'm terrible at timing the moments the gun actually fires and having those also be the times I'm on target. Basically my brain/muscle memory treats an automatic weapon like a "beam/laser" gun: Constant holding of the trigger means constant damage output. Except it doesn't and that screws me up.

I think this is why I tend to do so much better with the Trench (despite only just unlocking it and only using it for a single match), because pulling the trigger each time cements that that's when the gun fires. It's sort of like a metronome, maybe. I just find it interesting.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 7:55pm

I find it curious how often I see people saying something like 300rpm is too fast to be usable/comfortable/etc with a semi-auto weapon; the pocket pistols are among my favourite sidearms, and I love the M1903 Experimental and Model 8 as well, and I've never felt they're too fast for me to keep up. I'm not trying to sound like "look how amazing I am" or anything, I'm just legitimately interested in what causes these sorts of differences. Physical differences in hands/fingers/muscles? Different platforms (input methods)? General preference in playstyle?

What I can never use for the life of me is low RoF automatic weapons, at least unless they have basically no recoil, like a bipodded MG. I don't think my brain connects with firing animations/sounds as well as it does with my own physical movement, or however you want to phrase it. What I mean is, on the Sweeper I always end up, well "sweeping" my aim, but I'm terrible at timing the moments the gun actually fires and having those also be the times I'm on target. Basically my brain/muscle memory treats an automatic weapon like a "beam/laser" gun: Constant holding of the trigger means constant damage output. Except it doesn't and that screws me up.

I think this is why I tend to do so much better with the Trench (despite only just unlocking it and only using it for a single match), because pulling the trigger each time cements that that's when the gun fires. It's sort of like a metronome, maybe. I just find it interesting.

Firing an entire magazine of the 1903 experimental is one of the most fun things in the game. It just goes pewpewpewpew for so long. Same for the pocket pistols, although I use the C93 (360RPM) a whole lot as well.

I personally haven't used the 1907 much nor I looked at its stats at all, but when I did I simply took the trench variant (since I was playing Argonne/TDM/Pigeons) and used it quite effectively with gas nades and mask. My super CQB medic gun is the 8.25 or Cei Trench, so I can't really comment much on the 1907.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 8:21pm

I've always stuck with the sweeper and consistently run into situations where I wish I had trench hipfire....

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 8:37pm

I would contend that improved hip-fire would prove more beneficial than a constant rate of fire. It has been iterated that, while not guaranteed to be comfortable for everyone, it is indeed possible to achieve an identical or close representation of what the Sweeper provides as the Trench variation. And since the M1907 is geared for close to mid-range encounters, improved hip accuracy will be of greater value in its intended role in a range where submachine guns, shotguns, and a few machine guns are more potent and appear in greater numbers.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 10:24pm

I find it curious how often I see people saying something like 300rpm is too fast to be usable/comfortable/etc with a semi-auto weapon
I always thought about myself that I'm clicking at around 320 RPM, but noticed, that with weapons like 8 .25 extended sometimes "jam" and I shoot really fast with 449RPM pistols (Beretta M1915, M1903 hammerless, Steyr M1914 and Frommer Stop) so I checked - my RPM is 402 and when mad-clicking is around 430. So, since I'm far from korean pro gamer - 400 RPM is pretty easy on PC.

About Cei-Riggotti Trench: well, clip reload and mag size of 10 isn't the best for CQB, M1907 Trench is far more reliable, but both of them knees before Madsen Trench+Gas spam as support.

But, I need to say that HIP spread of 2 isn't that bad, it's still okay on distances under 10m and past that distance even with Trench version is too much like a "russian roulette": if your enemy go to ADS and you're not - you're most likely screwed.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 10:37pm

BF1 allows you to be slightly off-tempo and still achieve a perfect rate of fire. The game samples for input a couple ms before you actually need to shoot, meaning that you can click early and still get perfect semiauto RoF.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 10:51pm

I've grown to love the trench recently for the hipfire. Tons of bullets, decent enough TTK, and enough hipfire range that I don't have to ADS as often and can risk taking a bayonet for dealing with elites. It's my go-to CQC weapon of choice now for most maps that require it due to its large mag size and killing potential. I know the Cei would get me kills faster, but with perfect aim you can achieve 3 kills max from the 10 rounds of the Cei. I rarely have perfect aim, so that equates to maybe 2 kills tops. WIth the 1907 trench, I can get 3-4 kills easily from a full mag plus have faster reload. All it requires is that I don't engage in 1v1 head on fights with shotguns or automaticos.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 11:26pm

Yeah for me it is just the constant clicking that really strains my hands it seems. I daresay though that, even with a rate of fire of 300, which is easily achieveable you will still click more often, I guess more around the 400 mark. In the long run this can not be good for one's hand at all. I am not a physiotherapist though. I am glad anyway that I finished the medic, the .25 really hurt, and for the last one, I noticed, the Selbstlader 1906, I just kept the clickrate.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 4:40am

Switched to Trench. Is much better.

Only thing you really have to worry about are shotguns and that automatico.

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, December 30th 2016, 9:23am

Seriously for me the Sweeper is barely useable. It's not just the auto fire, it's how bad spread gets when you go full auto even in extreme CQB situations. Take for instance the Cei-Rigotti Trench which also has an automatic fire mode. I'm doing so much better with it that it's ridiculous (I'm like close to double the accuracy). But this is only me.

So the M1907 Trench is definitely better for me. Hipfiring is great, this is why the Automatico is so strong, that extra millisecond you get from hipfiring instead of ADS plus the fact that you can run between your shots faster than when ADS are extremely underrated for some reason. Take the BAR as an example. People on console like the Automatico Storm and the BAR Storm. I'm on PC. Give me the Trench versions instead, as long as I can control the V-recoil (which isn't that big or that hard TBH and that comes from a somewhat average-ish player) the Trench variants are strictly better.

Anyway. M1907 Trench, Cei-Rigotti Trench or Autoloading 8 Extended .25 for me. I hope to see more options for medics however since I can't settle for what weapon to use as my go-to weapon.