Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 4:13am

M1907 SL semi auto variants

So IMHO the sweeper is the only variant that is practical to use with the m1907 SL. Realistically and for all practical purposes there are no actual benefits to using the factory or trench variants.

So with some research done on real IRL weapons I found this weapon: Winchester Model 1910 - Wikipedia
The M1910 SL is basically the same exact gun as the m1907 but fires the more powerful .401 calibre bullet. Alongside the m1907, the m1910 served in the french and russian military.

Though the factory magazine size was 4 rounds, both the Russians and in particular the french made domestic manufactured extended 8 round magazines
http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards.co…tended-mag-1910

So my suggestion would be to keep the m1907 sweeper the same but transform the m107 factory and trench variants into the m1910 factory and trench. Because externally the m1907 and m1910 are the same other than the magazine, All DICE would have to do is shorten the magazine on the 3d model.

Here is how I would balance it: Max damage 38-28 (same as cei rigotti)
Magazine size: 8

And honestly thats it. Leave the sweeper alone and have two unique variants. Though this would make the m1910 be just as powerful, the cei rigotti would still have an edge in magazine size and full auto capability (also an optical variant) whereas the m1910 would have the advantage of a detachable mag
I shamefully admit that I have been banned from the battlefield 1 forums :D :pinch: :evil: so if you think this is a good idea please do post this on those forums so potentially a dev could see
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Nov 16th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 11:17am

Realistically and for all practical purposes there are no actual benefits to using the factory or trench variants.

I would rather say there is no benefit to the Sweeper, as 300rpm are easily reached manually, it has no accuracy/spread bonuses anywhere, and the difference in vertical recoil is negligible.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 11:49am

I played them all three and indeed the Sweeper is the only variant I can recommend.

First of all, and this is a personal issue, clicking so fast repeatedly (I played all SLRs in a row to the first Service Star), did start to hurt my hand. While 300 RPM are easy to reach it is still faster than comparable semi-autos of BF4.

Secondly, and this might be personal as well, clicking for every shot does descrese my accuracy over all, I probably use stability when letting go of the mouse with one finger, as opposed to automatic fire, where I just press.

Thirdly the Sweeper is not much worse when hipfiring compared to the Trench and still among the best within the class.

Also do not sneeze on the VR reduction, which lies arund 35%, right? That is quite a lot, especially in the class that has a lot of recoil on the whole, it definitely is an accuracy bonus.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 6:37pm

Realistically and for all practical purposes there are no actual benefits to using the factory or trench variants.

I would rather say there is no benefit to the Sweeper, as 300rpm are easily reached manually, it has no accuracy/spread bonuses anywhere, and the difference in vertical recoil is negligible.
Nonetheless, the sweeper is still more practical. full auto allows consistent 300 RPM and is easier to usedue to being able to just hold down the trigger. Also 35% reduction in vertical recoil is still significant.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 6:56pm

Depends; everyone has a "point of consistentcy", the point where they can consistently and without too much strain maintain a certain clickrate. Mine is roughly 340-350rpm, meaning that the M1911 is uncomfortable for me, the 450 RoF guns feel too weak for me but i perform best with the 360 guns. For me, it is of course no problem to maintain a high rate of fire with the SL and the .25, without the focus on clicking throwing off my aim. And, given that BF1 has some oversampling protection, I can basically fire my SL trench at the same speed as you can fire it full-auto, with identical consistency.

For me, the factory and trench variants are better and range and close quarters respectively.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 6:56pm

Ease of use should not be underestimated. There's a reason why the 1907 Sweeper is much more popular than the Autoloading 8 Extended, despite the latter having a 20% higher ROF

Sometimes, I kind of wish I started using the Sweeper instead but I have to commit to the Auto8 because I have more service stars on it :(

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 6:58pm

I figure this is one of the things where one has to consider platform.

For me, tap-firing rapidly with Dualshock or Xbox 360's controllers is hard because of the placement of the button and how far you have to press it. Meanwhile on PC it's just slightly harder press and bam, bullets away.

Now I bet taste plays a role here, but maybe tap-firing fast with M1907 SL Trench/Factory is tedious and Sweeper makes it a lot easier? On PC, Trench has the advantage of superbly better hipfire (you can snipe people with that) and with tap-firing I feel I get "high enough" RoF.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Nov 16th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 7:05pm

Nonetheless, the sweeper is still more practical. full auto allows consistent 300 RPM and is easier to usedue to being able to just hold down the trigger. Also 35% reduction in vertical recoil is still significant.
For you, yes, to me the sweeper is just limiting potential, as colors basically mentioned, the factory has better accuracy while having the same rof, and due to the oversampling protection you are also consistently at 300rpm.

So whatever floats your boat, as said, to me the sweeper is the one that is useless as it has only drawbacks in my eyes, if people think otherwise, well, mission accomplished by DICE in this case.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 7:08pm

For you, yes, to me the sweeper is just limiting potential, as colors basically mentioned, the factory has better accuracy while having the same rof, and due to the oversampling protection you are also consistently at 300rpm.

So whatever floats your boat, as said, to me the sweeper is the one that is useless as it has only drawbacks in my eyes, if people think otherwise, well, mission accomplished by DICE in this case.

How is the factory more accurate? Did I miss a statistic for the factory? ?(

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 7:29pm

How is the factory more accurate? Did I miss a statistic for the factory? ?(
Faster recoil recovery/spread reduction.

For any console guys who plan on using fast semis a lot, I'd HIGHLY recommend learning to aim/shoot with the bumpers instead of the triggers. Much faster clicky-clicky!