Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, February 11th 2017, 4:26am

How does "well just shove all this stuff in the DLC" justify omitting the French army in a WW1 game day 1, especially when there is a French map? They could have trivially shuffled DLC vs main content around to put the French in day 1 along with their weapons and stuffed some of the experimental weapons like the Huot, 1906, etc into a DLC.

DLC is by definition optional content and I think it's absurd to cut out the core allied nation. At the rate they are going with DLC a minor fraction of people who bought the game will ever even play the French or Russians.

As for the Carcanno, Nagant, etc. being redundant? Literally who cares if they are direct reskins of a statistically identical rifle. DICE wasted effort on an entire tier of primaries that never even get drawn 99.9% of the time: the vehicle class weapons. They needed, at most a rank 1 extended pistol and then the shotgun and frommer stop auto at rank 10 of each class. And even that is pushing it.

The full game is what exists once all additional content has been released. If some people chose to only buy part of the game (vanilla), anything they miss out on is on them. Once everything is released, the French and Russians will have far more focus than the Americans, as it should be. Expansion packs allow focus on one thing (in this case countries) and therefore let important countries get the focus they deserve. This simply wouldn't be possible in the slightest in the launch game.

French weapons get moved to DLC for the same reason as above. Base-game gets the mix and match extras.

The LA guys have already said they don't like how underused the Pistol Carbines are, so we'll see where that goes.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, February 11th 2017, 4:44am

How does "well just shove all this stuff in the DLC" justify omitting the French army in a WW1 game day 1, especially when there is a French map? They could have trivially shuffled DLC vs main content around to put the French in day 1 along with their weapons and stuffed some of the experimental weapons like the Huot, 1906, etc into a DLC.

DLC is by definition optional content and I think it's absurd to cut out the core allied nation. At the rate they are going with DLC a minor fraction of people who bought the game will ever even play the French or Russians.

As for the Carcanno, Nagant, etc. being redundant? Literally who cares if they are direct reskins of a statistically identical rifle. DICE wasted effort on an entire tier of primaries that never even get drawn 99.9% of the time: the vehicle class weapons. They needed, at most a rank 1 extended pistol and then the shotgun and frommer stop auto at rank 10 of each class. And even that is pushing it.

The full game is what exists once all additional content has been released. If some people chose to only buy part of the game (vanilla), anything they miss out on is on them. Once everything is released, the French and Russians will have far more focus than the Americans, as it should be. Expansion packs allow focus on one thing (in this case countries) and therefore let important countries get the focus they deserve. This simply wouldn't be possible in the slightest in the launch game.

French weapons get moved to DLC for the same reason as above. Base-game gets the mix and match extras.

The LA guys have already said they don't like how underused the Pistol Carbines are, so we'll see where that goes.
The game is complete content wise on release:

Quoted

Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for a released video game. It is distributed through the Internet
by the game's official publisher. Downloadable content can be of
several types, ranging from aesthetic outfit changes to a new, extensive
storyline, similar to an expansion pack. As such, DLC may add new game modes, objects, levels, challenges or other features to a complete, already released game.
DLC is in every sense bonus content. Why the hell would a base game get mismatched extras?

Thinking that vehicle crew weapons would get used to any meaningful extent as implemented is just dumb.

BF1 has been characterized by what I would describe as some stunningly dumb things for such a mature franchise: DLC strategy and release schedule, battlepacks, persistent scoring:medals ribbons, etc.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 11th 2017, 4:52am

You're free to look at it that way if you wish, but people only have these sorts of complaints because of the perspective they choose to have.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 11th 2017, 5:01am

You're free to look at it that way if you wish, but people only have these sorts of complaints because of the perspective they choose to have.
Don't make it sound like it's just an opinion. That's the description from Wiki.

With rare exceptions games are not released as "episodes" that are complete once the whole season/arc comes out, they are released as a complete product that may, or may not get extra content.

In my experience I'm pretty burned out on the BF title by the time the final DLC or two drop. Its rediculous to say it's only complete when its already a shell of it's former self player base wise.

BF1 really doesn't really have an amazing player base right now on PC either.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 11th 2017, 5:06am

Player base may be important to devs and marketing people, but so long as I can consistently find a good match I don't see how it's ever relevant. It's like trying to judge the quality of music by its popularity.
Who Enjoys, Wins

• "JSLICE20" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, February 11th 2017, 5:23am

How does "well just shove all this stuff in the DLC" justify omitting the French army in a WW1 game day 1, especially when there is a French map?

BF1's design and approach to WWI isn't the stereotype. It explores the lesser known facts about WWI. DICE intentionally incorporated facets of the war that isn't common knowledge from our grade school/ high school/ whatever school history classes and introduced us to new and exciting aspects we may not have even known existed. This was their statement on the matter (I'll edit the source in later).

Quoted

When we set out on this game, we wanted to depict not just the common view of what the war was like. We wanted to challenge some preconceptions. We want to delve into some of the unknowns of World War One. Maybe people don’t know that this person fought or that person fought, that this army was involved. We’re stretching out and bringing all those stories into the game. But I can’t go into any specific details as far as which armies or characters we’re depicting at this point. - Daniel Berlin, Lead Game Designer

For example, I didn't even know where or how the Western Front impacted the war, but thanks to the "Iron Walls" Operation I can now see the how and where in some capacity. The same concept applies for the weapons decided.

I honestly don't see the fuss behind selecting armies for DLC, even if the French were an integral part of the conflict. From a video game standpoint, it's a cosmetic feature anyway. Say DICE incorporated the French army into the base game with all of their weaponry and inventions. Their impact would probably be no different on the game then it already has now meaning they'd have the same or similar stats to some effect.

Additionally, you cannot forget the War Stories/ Campaign. This is very clearly the first matter handled in the game design process and then the multiplayer reflects what the Campaign detailed. That is how I inpreret this at any rate. These stories divulge the diverse combat arenas that the game features.

I don't exactly know how or when extra content is decided in the design time frame, but I imagine it occurs after the primary content has undergone its final stages before testing. Based on this assumption, which existing faction would they have exchanged in order to put the French in? Italians? It wouldn't work because that eliminates the Austro-Hungarians who help compose the Central Powers.* How about the British or Americans? DICE could have enacted on this decision. Why didn't they? The Americans are only featured in Ballroom Blitz and Argonne Forest; two maps. Replace the Americans with the French and we still have just two maps. Only two maps with the French army would be peculiar to say the least.

As far as I know the French mainly held to the frontlines and didn't paratake in combat other than trench warfare that arode because of stalemates. This particular facet is contrary to what DICE wanted to do with BF1 which was to give exposure to lesser known elements.

*Monte Grappa and Empire's Edge are two vey distinct alternatives to traditional WW1 combat zones. The diversity that DICE aimed for would be completely lost here.

*This would be true for the Ottomans as well and seeing that they primarily fought or strictly fought against the British, the French army could not be repositioned in favor of the British here either. The Ottomans exist with three maps that really branch far from the WW1 stereotype locations like Somme, Verdun, Ypres, etc.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Feb 11th 2017, 5:47am)

This post by "Iplaysgames96" (Saturday, February 11th 2017, 6:28am) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Saturday, February 11th 2017, 11:07am) with the following reason: Rule 5

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, February 11th 2017, 6:35am

But on a more serious note I agree to an extent with BLuranium. Its really tough to balance stuff that is a bit redundant. I hope to G-d they dont exclude the mosin nagant. That would be a sin worth damnation.
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 11th 2017, 8:44am

How does "well just shove all this stuff in the DLC" justify omitting the French army in a WW1 game day 1, especially when there is a French map?

BF1's design and approach to WWI isn't the stereotype. It explores the lesser known facts about WWI. DICE intentionally incorporated facets of the war that isn't common knowledge from our grade school/ high school/ whatever school history classes and introduced us to new and exciting aspects we may not have even known existed. This was their statement on the matter (I'll edit the source in later).

Quoted

When we set out on this game, we wanted to depict not just the common view of what the war was like. We wanted to challenge some preconceptions. We want to delve into some of the unknowns of World War One. Maybe people don’t know that this person fought or that person fought, that this army was involved. We’re stretching out and bringing all those stories into the game. But I can’t go into any specific details as far as which armies or characters we’re depicting at this point. - Daniel Berlin, Lead Game Designer

For example, I didn't even know where or how the Western Front impacted the war, but thanks to the "Iron Walls" Operation I can now see the how and where in some capacity. The same concept applies for the weapons decided.

I honestly don't see the fuss behind selecting armies for DLC, even if the French were an integral part of the conflict. From a video game standpoint, it's a cosmetic feature anyway. Say DICE incorporated the French army into the base game with all of their weaponry and inventions. Their impact would probably be no different on the game then it already has now meaning they'd have the same or similar stats to some effect.

Additionally, you cannot forget the War Stories/ Campaign. This is very clearly the first matter handled in the game design process and then the multiplayer reflects what the Campaign detailed. That is how I inpreret this at any rate. These stories divulge the diverse combat arenas that the game features.

I don't exactly know how or when extra content is decided in the design time frame, but I imagine it occurs after the primary content has undergone its final stages before testing. Based on this assumption, which existing faction would they have exchanged in order to put the French in? Italians? It wouldn't work because that eliminates the Austro-Hungarians who help compose the Central Powers.* How about the British or Americans? DICE could have enacted on this decision. Why didn't they? The Americans are only featured in Ballroom Blitz and Argonne Forest; two maps. Replace the Americans with the French and we still have just two maps. Only two maps with the French army would be peculiar to say the least.

As far as I know the French mainly held to the frontlines and didn't paratake in combat other than trench warfare that arode because of stalemates. This particular facet is contrary to what DICE wanted to do with BF1 which was to give exposure to lesser known elements.

*Monte Grappa and Empire's Edge are two vey distinct alternatives to traditional WW1 combat zones. The diversity that DICE aimed for would be completely lost here.

*This would be true for the Ottomans as well and seeing that they primarily fought or strictly fought against the British, the French army could not be repositioned in favor of the British here either. The Ottomans exist with three maps that really branch far from the WW1 stereotype locations like Somme, Verdun, Ypres, etc.
The Western front was the campaign in France. They haven't explored shit in BF1. They literally wikied a bunch of battles and vaguely mocked up something fitting, it's got nothing to do with WW1 anymore than BF3/BF4 represent real wars other than in name. Ok, so the Ops have a cutscene you can't skip, there is that. They threw autocannons on every single vehicle they could. They grabbed every possible shred of prototype weapon so the game could be far enough away from bolt action/repeating rifle shoot outs as possible.

If, as you say, the actual factions, map, etc are pure aesthetics, and they were actually interested in talking history they could have done something sensible:

Started out with just France, Germany, AH, Russia and made some tight, pre/early trench warfare and relatively fluid eastern-front combat in maps that weren't crap or entirely made up (giant's turdpile for eg). Grappa is certainly unique. But it objectively sucks. It's terrible for planes. It's terrible for tanks. It's terrible for the behemoth. It's a grinder with a side of sniper frustration for infantry. It's a straight line. BF1 would actually work a lot better as a game if you felt you were fighting along a piece of the front, not down a MOBA alley.

Released expansion pack 1) That adds a more fleshed out trench fighting and tech

Released expansion pack 2) Balkan campaigns.

Released expansion pack 3) Middle-east/Ottoman campaigns.

Release expansion pack 4) The Americans arrive (late to war as usual).

Toss in a couple of single player stories per DLC that no one gives a shit about and that should not impact the core MP gameplay at all. Everyone is happy.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, February 11th 2017, 9:21am

Off topic from what you guys are talking about but has anyone found any info on the "trench fleur"?
BF YouTubers say it might be a dagger but all I found when searching it was women's trench coats and later the Fleur De Lis.
Since the nail knife is self explanatory as is the cog club and that only leaves the bladed catagory so perhaps it will be an embellished sword?
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.