Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 11:21am

Maybe one of the Russian classes will be a Finn, similar to how other empires have minorities represented by certain classes. Not sure how you'd tell a Finn from a Russian when they are both wearing uniforms though. The Russian cavalryman should definitely be a Cossack!

I'm kinda suprised that we didn't get any snow maps in the base game. Maybe one of the DLCs will feature winter fighing in the alps? During the war both the Italians and Austrians triggered avalanches that would hit enemy forces, that could be a cool mechanic if DICE could pull it off.
And this is cool. Caucasian from "Dikaya" division as Assault, classic siberian guy as a Scout and Pole and Finn as Medic/Support + Don Cossack as Cavalry - that's cool.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 11:58am

I was hoping for a Operation Metro 1918, but looking at the screens, if at all, an Operation Locker 1918 is much more likely. I hope they include reimagined versions of old maps as well.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 1:10pm

I hate to admit it, but I kind of miss having an infantry grinder map. Argonne is just 50 shades of green and brown. . .

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 2:50pm

A fortress would not be much better, though I guess. It will be grey so that grey Germans and blue Frenchmen will blend in very well...Visibilty is really an issue :D

But I forgot about the behemoth mechanic that they seem to need to sell on every map, so a real Locker/Metro type is rather improbable.

ALthough, that reminds me, imagine Metro with a train coming through. :D

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 5:01pm

ALthough, that reminds me, imagine Metro with a train coming through. :D

If it wasn't so much work to make a map, I'd love "Metro 1918" with an armoured train, just for how ridiculous it would be.
Who Enjoys, Wins

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 6:00am

Not that anyone will be surprised but Verdun is going to be a map. A resource made for the map is used...somewhere in the giants patch thus the map name MP_Verdun is used.

Kinda of amusing. From the article in OP.
"Around 1 million shells were fired in the opening barrage of the Battle of Verdun. This created massive forest fires around the fortified city and the battlefields surrounding it."

The extracted data that confirms Verdun. Along with other fire mesh and shader resources.
E:\Symthic\BF1\Data\EBX\GiantsShadow_3110715\Xpack1\FX\Levels\MP_Verdun\FX_SmallGroundFire_Line_VA_2_XP1.dice

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 9:00am

Russia will most likely focus on snowmaps, with the northern section of the eastern front, along with the Finnish Civil War, and then probably one southern eastern front map that isn't snowy.
Sorry, but SOVIET-Finnish war(First was in period from March 1918 till October 1920) was after WWI and has no relation to Russian Empire. Also, Finland was part of the Russian Empire until 6th of December 1917.
Actually, snow maps with Russian Empire DLC has the same chance to appear as for other european countries, since most of battles for RI was on Caucasus against Ottoman Empire and Eastern front against German Empire. Maybe they'll do one snow map in Baltic region, but, speaking honestly, WWI for RI wasn't about snow battles.

I don't think he meant the Soviet-Finnish War, but the actual Finnish Civil War when the reactionary elements in Finland fought against Finnish communists and ended up massacring them all. It kinda started the bad blood between Finland and the USSR that would help later lead to the Soviet-Finnish War.

I agree, though, that the most likely setting for the Russian DLC (at least part) would be in the Caucasus, and also the Brusilov Offensive against the Austro-Hungarians, since it was one of the largest and most destructive battles of the entire war.

EDIT: Along the lines of different nationalities being shown in the Russian army - a clever and subtle way they could do it is have them talk in the various languages; Ukrainian, Finnish, and Latvian, I'd expect.

Date of registration

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 8:24pm

I don't think he meant the Soviet-Finnish War, but the actual Finnish Civil War when the reactionary elements in Finland fought against Finnish communists and ended up massacring them all. It kinda started the bad blood between Finland and the USSR that would help later lead to the Soviet-Finnish War.

Finnish civil war was after fall of Russian Empire. So it won't be as a part of Russian Empire DLC.
EDIT: Along the lines of different nationalities being shown in the Russian army - a clever and subtle way they could do it is have them talk in the various languages; Ukrainian, Finnish, and Latvian, I'd expect.
Nope. While Russian Empire used different uniform for different parts of Empire, like Polish division, everyone in Russian Army was speaking in russian. Look at British Empire in BF1 - british medic speaks in english, not in hindi, and that's pretty historically accurate - nobody want a situation like "I don't understand your order, can you speak it in my language?".
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kazei009" (Dec 22nd 2016, 8:29pm)

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 10:25am

Finnish civil war was after fall of Russian Empire. So it won't be as a part of Russian Empire DLC.
Nope. While Russian Empire used different uniform for different parts of Empire, like Polish division, everyone in Russian Army was speaking in russian. Look at British Empire in BF1 - british medic speaks in english, not in hindi, and that's pretty historically accurate - nobody want a situation like "I don't understand your order, can you speak it in my language?".

I am pretty sure they still used the same uniforms 1 year after the empire fell, so really i wouldn't be an issue

Date of registration

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 3:32pm

I am pretty sure they still used the same uniforms 1 year after the empire fell, so really i wouldn't be an issue
And you're wrong again: "Reds" and "Whites" used different uniforms. Yes, they was based on RI uniform, but had different colors, hats, shoulder straps and insignias.
Examples:
Latest Russian Empire soldier

Spoiler Spoiler

The Whites:

Spoiler Spoiler

And the Reds:

Spoiler Spoiler