Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 1:10am

The only reason the devs would go for Rasmussen medic, fedorev support is if they didn't know of this gun.
As I said before, Automat Fyodorova was something like H&K G3 or FN SCAR-H, automatic battle rifle. I don't remember about G3, but SCAR-H can be used with large drum mag and bipod = LMG. So it can be a weapon for any class except Scout. And I think that LMG role is the best for him: no bipod, so only Storm, Trench and Optical variants(maybe the only LMG in BF1 with bipod?), 350 RPM with good damage and accuracy, maybe 5 BTK at all ranges or 5-6 with awesome accuracy if Chauchat would have 4-5 BTK with 250 RPM - why not? For assault it has very slow RPM, for medic's full-auto weapon it has too fast RPM, so in both situations it can be balance-breaking OP or just garbage weapon. The only problem is that support coud have all interesting weapons from DLCs =)
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 4:46pm

The only reason the devs would go for Rasmussen medic, fedorev support is if they didn't know of this gun.
As I said before, Automat Fyodorova was something like H&K G3 or FN SCAR-H, automatic battle rifle. I don't remember about G3, but SCAR-H can be used with large drum mag and bipod = LMG. So it can be a weapon for any class except Scout. And I think that LMG role is the best for him: no bipod, so only Storm, Trench and Optical variants(maybe the only LMG in BF1 with bipod?), 350 RPM with good damage and accuracy, maybe 5 BTK at all ranges or 5-6 with awesome accuracy if Chauchat would have 4-5 BTK with 250 RPM - why not? For assault it has very slow RPM, for medic's full-auto weapon it has too fast RPM, so in both situations it can be balance-breaking OP or just garbage weapon. The only problem is that support coud have all interesting weapons from DLCs =)

I am arguing from a perspective of game design mate.

So, you have the Madsen rasmussen, exclusively good for the medic. Nothing special; interesting look but a 10 round magazine, 8x58R Krag munitions (which would allow for a seperate damage model), and thats about it.

THen you have the Fedorev Avtomat; working for both medic and support, it can be balanced in 2 ways: 1. as a class leader in rate of fire (400) but worst in class for damage (4-6 shot kill, which would give it the worst TTK in most ranges out of any aggressive oriented SLR in its kit), or 2. As an intermediary between a niche gun and a niche gun for the support (between the Huot and the Chauchat).

Date of registration

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 6:29pm

So, you have the Madsen rasmussen, exclusively good for the medic. Nothing special; interesting look but a 10 round magazine, 8x58R Krag munitions (which would allow for a seperate damage model), and thats about it.

THen you have the Fedorev Avtomat; working for both medic and support, it can be balanced in 2 ways: 1. as a class leader in rate of fire (400) but worst in class for damage (4-6 shot kill, which would give it the worst TTK in most ranges out of any aggressive oriented SLR in its kit), or 2. As an intermediary between a niche gun and a niche gun for the support (between the Huot and the Chauchat).
And I agree with what you said. 1st option is what I don't like to see and 2nd one is nice, not so slow like Chauchat and and with better damage than Huot. Medic already has M1907 SL, Mondragon, M1916 and .25 Extended for every role(versatile full-auto, long range, versatile large mag and CQB beast accordingly). Nobody would like to play with full-auto BB-gun.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 7:01pm

And I agree with what you said. 1st option is what I don't like to see and 2nd one is nice, not so slow like Chauchat and and with better damage than Huot. Medic already has M1907 SL, Mondragon, M1916 and .25 Extended for every role(versatile full-auto, long range, versatile large mag and CQB beast accordingly). Nobody would like to play with full-auto BB-gun.

But that isn't the point i am trying to make:

Is the most interesting combo Rasmussen - Avtomat, or is it Avtomat - Kjellman ( a gun that due to a lack of any historical data can be balanced in whatever way the developers see fit). An intermediary gun, especially one that will be, all things considered, rather underwhelming and if stopping power is what you are going for most people will just take the Chauchat or Bennet, paired with a completely uninteresting SLR, or an SLR that is truly unique within its class together with a gun that can fit whatever niche the devs think up for it.

• "Rampaging Sloth" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 9:21am

A thought, here. Was messing around with the Russian 1895, and I realized that there's no reason that some guns might not appear in multiple classes. There could be a variant of the Fedorov in MULTIPLE classes. Hell, we could even then get multiple new weapons for each class if variants might be spread across classes, at least somewhat. It seems a bit odd, but it'd a really good way of spreading the love, and with the Russian 1895 there is precedent, since it's on Cavalry and and Scout. The Avtomat is a versatile enough weapon it would actually make sense.

Date of registration

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 8:46pm

A thought, here. Was messing around with the Russian 1895, and I realized that there's no reason that some guns might not appear in multiple classes. There could be a variant of the Fedorov in MULTIPLE classes. Hell, we could even then get multiple new weapons for each class if variants might be spread across classes, at least somewhat. It seems a bit odd, but it'd a really good way of spreading the love, and with the Russian 1895 there is precedent, since it's on Cavalry and and Scout. The Avtomat is a versatile enough weapon it would actually make sense.
"Russian 1895" actually is not a russian weapon. It's US Winchester Model 1895 with modification for russian 7.62x54mmR cartrige. There was a large contract between US and Russian Empire, where about 80% of all produced Winchester Model 1895 was made for Russian Imperial army. It's called like this in BF1 just because EA/DICE don't like to pay for weapon manufacturers trademark so they're changing weapon's names in-game to avoid copyright issues, like "Beretta M1918" -> "Automatico 1918", "Hotchkiss M1909 Benet-Mercie" to simply "M1909 Benet-Mercie". Sometimes it's looks okay like "SCAR-H" instead of "FN SCAR-H", but sometimes it looks weird, like "Compact .45" instead of "H&K HK45C".

BTW, one weapon for different classes seems nice, but only if they would be very different from each other.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kazei009" (Dec 22nd 2016, 9:15pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 9:12pm

but sometimes it looks ugly like "Compact .45" instead of "H&K HK45C".

One of the worst ones: 40sw(chiappa rhyno, also called buttcheek rhyno)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 9:21pm

And hilarious "Bald Eagle" in Battlefield Hardline. While this bird in real life isn't actually bald, just only has white head, it still sounds funny. "Deagle44" sounds okay in BF4, why not call it ''Deagle50" in BFH - I don't know.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 10:27am

And hilarious "Bald Eagle" in Battlefield Hardline. While this bird in real life isn't actually bald, just only has white head, it still sounds funny. "Deagle44" sounds okay in BF4, why not call it ''Deagle50" in BFH - I don't know.

Beagle > Deagle

Woof woof motherfucker

• "Rampaging Sloth" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 24th 2016, 11:30am

"Russian 1895" actually is not a russian weapon. It's US Winchester Model 1895 with modification for russian 7.62x54mmR cartrige. There was a large contract between US and Russian Empire, where about 80% of all produced Winchester Model 1895 was made for Russian Imperial army. It's called like this in BF1 just because EA/DICE don't like to pay for weapon manufacturers trademark so they're changing weapon's names in-game to avoid copyright issues, like "Beretta M1918" -> "Automatico 1918", "Hotchkiss M1909 Benet-Mercie" to simply "M1909 Benet-Mercie". Sometimes it's looks okay like "SCAR-H" instead of "FN SCAR-H", but sometimes it looks weird, like "Compact .45" instead of "H&K HK45C".

BTW, one weapon for different classes seems nice, but only if they would be very different from each other.

Yeah, I know the history the Winchester Model 1895, just using the in-game name since people would know it by that. The Russians were the only belligerent force in WW1 to use it as a standard-issue weapon, and they only used it because they had a shortage of weapons.

The 1895 for the Cavalry is pretty much the same as one of the variants of the 1895 in the Scout class, but with slightly better stats. The Fedorov could be arranged as a support weapon with a bipod, as an assault weapon with a grip, and as a medic weapon without either, and set to default in semi-auto mode. This probably isn't likely, but it'd be kind of neat at the same time.