Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,264)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, December 12th 2016, 9:50pm

Seems like a lot of these are a step in the right direction. I'm sure they're not perfect, but I'm impressed how much they're addressing. I didn't think we'd get a change to medic revive chains until next patch at the earliest. Also glad they rolled back the poor accuracy of mortars. It felt extreme.

DICE Patching reminds me a lot of artillery ranging; after the first shot a broad correction is made, and then future shots are taken with better precision.

I have never seen these revive trains. I've never really seen them in BF3 or 4 either. I think this is an urban myth. And as far as I understood it, you will get three revives until you have a short cooldown on your syringe. Given the amount of people skipping revives to take a good look at the spawn screen and the general motivation to revive I doubt this will ever have a measurable effect. Sounds more like placebo for people that see a non-existing problem.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, December 12th 2016, 10:52pm

Revive trains did happen in BF3. I personally have been on them in Metro.

Whether the problem exists is pretty irrelevant. What matters is whether the potential to exploit such a thing is there.

If the possibility exists, then good players will leverage it.

Basing this on uncoordinated pubs that cannot figure left from right is hardly a good indicator.

Nipping the problem in the bud is better than solving it after it appears.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, December 12th 2016, 10:53pm

Seems like a lot of these are a step in the right direction. I'm sure they're not perfect, but I'm impressed how much they're addressing. I didn't think we'd get a change to medic revive chains until next patch at the earliest. Also glad they rolled back the poor accuracy of mortars. It felt extreme.

DICE Patching reminds me a lot of artillery ranging; after the first shot a broad correction is made, and then future shots are taken with better precision.

I have never seen these revive trains. I've never really seen them in BF3 or 4 either. I think this is an urban myth. And as far as I understood it, you will get three revives until you have a short cooldown on your syringe. Given the amount of people skipping revives to take a good look at the spawn screen and the general motivation to revive I doubt this will ever have a measurable effect. Sounds more like placebo for people that see a non-existing problem.
I know I've been in situations where a plane bomb took out 4-5 people near me and I was able to revive them all one after the other. It sounds like that's the problem they're trying to address, the ability to revive entire squads of people in 3 seconds. Not a massive problem, imo, but a change that shouldn't affect most situations and will make situations like I mentioned more harrowing since the enemy can now rush a position after a plane has bombed it and not find a full squad at full health over the ridge line.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,264)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, December 12th 2016, 11:07pm

I know I've been in situations where a plane bomb took out 4-5 people near me and I was able to revive them all one after the other. It sounds like that's the problem they're trying to address, the ability to revive entire squads of people in 3 seconds. Not a massive problem, imo, but a change that shouldn't affect most situations and will make situations like I mentioned more harrowing since the enemy can now rush a position after a plane has bombed it and not find a full squad at full health over the ridge line.

I had the same situation today and revived three people. Number four and five released. But that was sheer luck, planes rarely hit that many guys and I was the only medic around that actuall does revives. You are right, though, I guess these are the situations they want to deal with. I am wondering though if this one will have have any effect at all. It just does not occur to me that anyone could have or see a problem with revives.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 10:01am

As a console player, I feel like an English schoolgirl on Christmas with the movement/Aim Assist changes they proposed.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 10:15am

As a console player, I feel like an English schoolgirl on Christmas with the movement/Aim Assist changes they proposed.

hopefully next patch they'll add accel options to controllers both on pc and console... heck, maybe they'll do it right now without telling us.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 12:21pm

so what's the go with the Martini Henry damage thing? Was it previously doing more damage than other sniper weapons?

Date of registration
: Jan 1st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 2:44pm

Alt+Tab in Borderless mode is fucked. The BF window always stays on top. Quitting the game works now, it still takes an inordinate amount of time though.

I hope DICE hotfixes the window issue ASAP.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 5:04pm

so what's the go with the Martini Henry damage thing? Was it previously doing more damage than other sniper weapons?

Judging from the changes, it was using a different set of limb multipliers than other snipers.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 5:27pm

RIP Vodka Martini