Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Aug 11th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 2:48am

Still wondering about that ADS mode for the Dogfighter, so I test it whenever I can : Outrange that AA - YouTube

I clearly out-ranged that AA gun with that strafe and I probably could have hold my fire to kill him faster. I dont think I could've achieve that with regular MG fire but maybe I'm wrong ?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 2:54am

Still wondering about that ADS mode for the Dogfighter, so I test it whenever I can : Outrange that AA - YouTube

I clearly out-ranged that AA gun with that strafe and I probably could have hold my fire to kill him faster. I dont think I could've achieve that with regular MG fire but maybe I'm wrong ?

Interesting, though you still only barely managed it. The Trench can do the same, and I'd argue with less exposure; I killed at least half a dozen AA operators on Ballroom with the Trench as they were trying to down our Airship in one match. Going around the mountain to take out the one at E on Monte Grappa works well too, as well as flanking around the one on the coastal island flag on Empire (coming in from the sea where they're not looking).

Also, while it may technically be considered an advantage, the full-screen scope/sight of the Dogfighter doesn't agree with me at all, I much prefer the slight zoom on the other two Fighters.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Aug 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 3:15am

Interesting, though you still only barely managed it. The Trench can do the same, and I'd argue with less exposure; I killed at least half a dozen AA operators on Ballroom with the Trench as they were trying to down our Airship in one match. Going around the mountain to take out the one at E on Monte Grappa works well too, as well as flanking around the one on the coastal island flag on Empire (coming in from the sea where they're not looking).

Also, while it may technically be considered an advantage, the full-screen scope/sight of the Dogfighter doesn't agree with me at all, I much prefer the slight zoom on the other two Fighters.

Indeed but he was totally aware of my presence and I knew it, I didnt try to surprise him just to outrange him purely. You'll notice I'm more than 700 meters away from the A flag when I begin my strafe so I'm pretty sure it can be done without even taking a hit. Holding fire with the MG is working the same way as the LMG for infantry so I should have done it probably plus I could have slowed down more, too. I just wanted sufficient momentum to evade in case I missed my shots haha

So yeah of course Trench can take out AA too, but not really out-range it. I'll continue searching and training them strafes.

I agree the scope take a bit of training to get used to, but I still wonder if it gives a real buff to spread like ADS gives to infantry weapon.. I feel like it does but it's only intuition. I use it a lot against Attack Plane and Bomber from afar to, again, out-range that tail gunner and so far It works great. It does great damage before they can even understand where I am since they get engaged from much closer distances by others planes usually.
I'll try to record myself to illustrate that.

• "Iwo_Jima" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 1:13pm

That's real interesting.

I'm eager to see a comparsion between trench and dogfighter range.
Could DICE be aware of the disproportions of stationary AA and outranging airplane weapons? I guess so, looking at the max range of SAA in relation to the bomber. This has to be intentional. Why? I dont know, it makes little sense.
RIP Sraw