Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iwo_Jima" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 12:06pm

The dogfighter. What added value does it have exactly?

There are 3 fighter loadouts in BF One.

- trench
- bomber killer
- dogfighter

Trench gets the darts and flares

Bomber killer the speedboost and rockets

Dogfighter the instant repair

Looking at what the dogfighter 'gets', its a little stale if it has to dogfight the other two types of fighters. Is it perhaps slightly more nimble in aspects that I'm not aware of?
Because the dogfighter has lots of trouble of dogfighting the bomberkiller' speed boost and trenchfighter that seems to be just as nimble!

I even dare to say that the bomber killer loadout is the best loadout for dogfighting because of it's speed boost, as energy mangement is more important now in BF One.

So, am I not seeing certain things here? Did the developer put some abstract aspects to the dogfighter loadout or is just ''what you see is what you get''? Because I'm not seeing any selling-arguments of the dogfigther!
RIP Sraw

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,209)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 2:29pm

The only loadout I see at all, and that is because you are getting killed by it is the trench loadout. At the moment you see them as much as the attack plane. Seems to be the hot shit right now, especially considering how useless the "Fliegerpfeile" really were.

I do not fly a lot, so there might be some dogfighters around, but I do not see the reason to use that loadout at all, since you are up against atack planes and bombers that will shred you within seconds. I guess the bomber killer is likely being flown a lot as well when the behemoth appears, but who knows. Generally I think a missing feature is to see what certain loadout a player uses.

So I think you are onto something here, and I am pretty sure the Devs are aware of the current situation regarding ground-->air and air-->balance. I guess we will see some changes.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 3:12pm

Trench Fighter is used because it's a one man platform that can easily kill infantry at the cost of little to no AT capabilities. Basically, farming infantry (while still being able to fight air targets).

Trench Darts also absolutely fuck other air vehicles up which paired with the fighter's speed makes it so that a good pilot can just about instakill enemy Bombers. Attack Planes depend on the pilot but overall the tail gunner should be able to scare away cheeky fighters trying to dart your plane.

As far as the dogfighter is concerned, instant repair is very powerful and it's the only plane to get it, but the fact that it's confined to Air-to-Air makes it a much less desirable choice. It's not a bad choice when you need absolute air superiority, but there's an attack plane variant with rockets that has more firepower due to the rear gunner so idk.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 4:15pm

Trench Fighter is used because it's a one man platform that can easily kill infantry at the cost of little to no AT capabilities. Basically, farming infantry (while still being able to fight air targets).

Trench Darts also absolutely fuck other air vehicles up which paired with the fighter's speed makes it so that a good pilot can just about instakill enemy Bombers. Attack Planes depend on the pilot but overall the tail gunner should be able to scare away cheeky fighters trying to dart your plane.

As far as the dogfighter is concerned, instant repair is very powerful and it's the only plane to get it, but the fact that it's confined to Air-to-Air makes it a much less desirable choice. It's not a bad choice when you need absolute air superiority, but there's an attack plane variant with rockets that has more firepower due to the rear gunner so idk.

I noticed that normally strafing targets with the nosecam works well with the dogfighter. At least one kill per strafe if you spot right and youre a little practiced with it.
For air superiority, the dogfighter has a too hard time against the other figthervariants. For example, I would have expected the speed boost to be with the dogfighter as energy is so important in dogfights, and the emergency repair to be with the bomber killer.
RIP Sraw

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 4:36pm

The fighters are pretty lackluster overall, but the dogfighter takes the cake. The bomber killer has rockets to give it some damage output against air which makes it at least worth considering over any of the other aircraft; and the trench fighter gets the darts which are good against inf and usable against air with a lot of practice + pretty fun to use.

The dogfighter's only real quality is survivability. While its damage output is pathetic at least it has the quick repair to effectively stay alive indefinitely. It isn't much but to me that is the only remarkable thing about it. If I actually wanted to down planes I would either pick the bomber killer or an attack plane for the juicy rear gunner gun.

If DICE buffed the fighter planes' main guns I could actually see a case for it due to the repair, but as it is now it's almost troll tier, being more of an annoyance to the enemy planes than an actual threat.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,209)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 9:20pm

I honeslty do not see the need for a buff to the fighters in general though. It is still a one-man show. It will take care of attack planes with no gunner, and this is what it is supposed to do. I would give it something more usable against bombers.

The problem with buffing the main gun is always that you are passively buffing the trench version, making it even more powerful. It will still be used to farm infantry solo or drop the plane darts on aircraft. Giving it more damge or even splash is not the way to go. BUff the dogfighter version by giving it a unique main cannon. Or a secondary that makes more sense for AA purposes.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 10:53pm

Or a secondary that makes more sense for AA purposes.

This. Every plane gets a main weapon, a secondary weapon, and a gadget (Repair, Boost, Flares, etc). Except Dogfighter, which doesn't get a secondary.

Sure the cannons are a bit weak, but they're weak across all three, it's just that the complete lack of a secondary makes this so much more noticeable on the Dogfighter. By all means buff the main cannons, but that's not going to solve the Dogfighter problem; it needs a secondary weapon.

Maybe the ability to fire your Pistol Carbine from the cockpit? :thumbup:
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,209)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 12th 2016, 12:14am

I recall reading about WW1 airfights and in the beginning they would really shoot (or try) temselves with their standard weapons that were just mounted somewhere. However I think here, the feature to fire your C96 whilst firing your cannon is not the sort of buff Iwo_Jima was hoping for. :D

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 12th 2016, 12:50pm

I recall reading about WW1 airfights and in the beginning they would really shoot (or try) temselves with their standard weapons that were just mounted somewhere. However I think here, the feature to fire your C96 whilst firing your cannon is not the sort of buff Iwo_Jima was hoping for. :D

Oh no, that certain would be cool as a gimmick.
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Aug 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, December 15th 2016, 4:59am

So I played a little bit more with the Bomber-Killer and the Dogfighter.. could it be that using the ADS on the Dogfighter's MG add some bonus to it like less spread or something ? I swear it was very effective when I was able to use it but it could be only that zooming in improved my accuracy with the MG.. I dunno.

Anyway, I already notice more and more dogfighting oriented pilots and loadout where before I saw several times planes from both teams ignoring themselves to farm more infantry, like it was a contest haha
Instant repair is actually useful now against the tail guns since they cannot insta-gib you anymore with it, and without a dedicated gunner they almost dont stand a chance anymore against a semi-competent Dogfighter user. With one, it's a clear battle of skill and I love it so far !