Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Daken" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 12th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, December 7th 2016, 10:22pm

Infantry and Optic

Hi! Been playing a lot with the sniper class and am really loving it. Been wondering what the main differences are between infantry and optic variants of rifles. I know that the optical has better hip fire and moving ads accuracy, but is there any real benefit to using an infantry rifle with iron sites other than personal preference?

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2016

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, December 7th 2016, 11:52pm

The stats of all the scout rifles and their variants are pretty much the same, it more or less comes down to which optic you prefer and what range you're engaging your target on.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, December 8th 2016, 4:28am

I do find it somewhat odd how the Optical variants have better hip fire spread than the Infantry variants of rifles such as the SMLE MKIII and the Gewehr M.95, as their visual appearances sure make them seem like they were more intended for slightly longer ranges in every way.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, December 9th 2016, 5:02am

SMLE MKIII Carbine vs SMLE MKIII Infantry | BF1 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

Looks like infantry just gets better spread decrease. On something with 52rpm, I'm not sure that matters...

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2016, 7:15am

As well as better recoil decrease, which matters just as little for such a slow firing rifle with iron sights.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 9th 2016, 9:06am

So is the carbine pretty much a straight upgrade to the infantry, assuming you're fine with the sight? Seems pretty strange...

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2016, 1:25pm

It is definitely a bit backwards, especially regarding their hip fire spread.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 1:27am

I am pretty sure iron sights have a shorter ADS time than the optical sight, but so far there is no official info from symthic clarifying the ADS times of different sights

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 6:28am

Looks like infantry just gets better spread decrease. On something with 52rpm, I'm not sure that matters...

Spread decrease isn't just inbetween shots while ADS. Infantry models will quickscope better, recover from suppression better, etc etc.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 7:56pm

Spread decrease isn't just inbetween shots while ADS. Infantry models will quickscope better, recover from suppression better, etc etc.
Ah, good points. I didn't consider that. I was looking for some stat based advantage and forgot irons ADS hella quick. So quick that I usually take bayonets on all my iron sight weapons but leave them off anything with a scope or alternate optic.