Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "rpt1700" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, December 5th 2016, 11:07pm

Game Maxes Out Around Level 80?

I'm a huge Battlefield fan, and I play and think about Battlefield way too much, let's just get that out of the way. I'm also a big fan of Symthic and have been reading the forums here and using your charts and info for years now. You folks are great and do a huge service for this community.

Here's what I've noticed and it's driving me a little nuts.

In Battlefield 1, once I leveled up to around 78 or so, I noticed that I wasn't earning anymore war bonds as I was leveling up. I'd unlocked everything except for the driver/pilot version of the M1911 which was 150 war bonds and that was all that I had left showing in battlelog. Once I purchased that weapon, my war bond total went to 0, and when I leveled up after making that purchase, I received no more war bonds. This is a problem.

Also, I'm at class rank ten for all of my classes.

Why is this a problem?

In March, they're supposed to release the first expansion, which will likely include new weapons that I'll need to use war bonds to purchase. For me, leveling up further between now and then is a waste of effort since right now I'm not earning war bonds. And if/when they do raise the level cap, It'll be much more difficult for me to level up from 100 to 101 than it will be to level up from, say, level 81-82. Furthermore, if there's a new bump in class ranks and a class rank requirement for new weapons, I'll have been stuck at 10 from now until the update, playing given classes but not earning additional class rank between now and the update.

Basically, the long and the short of it is, for a hardcore Battlefield player, there's really no incentive to play past level 80 or so. I'm actually kind of being penalized for playing past level 80, which begs the question why even set the level cap to 100? Who the heck is this game for, anyway? Am I missing something here, or am I (are we) getting kind of hosed?

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, December 5th 2016, 11:15pm

Perhaps like the recent "Battlefield" titles, weapons introduced from expansions will be unlocked through completing various assignments.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, December 5th 2016, 11:16pm

I'm a huge Battlefield fan, and I play and think about Battlefield way too much, let's just get that out of the way. I'm also a big fan of Symthic and have been reading the forums here and using your charts and info for years now. You folks are great and do a huge service for this community.

Here's what I've noticed and it's driving me a little nuts.

In Battlefield 1, once I leveled up to around 78 or so, I noticed that I wasn't earning anymore war bonds as I was leveling up. I'd unlocked everything except for the driver/pilot version of the M1911 which was 150 war bonds and that was all that I had left showing in battlelog. Once I purchased that weapon, my war bond total went to 0, and when I leveled up after making that purchase, I received no more war bonds. This is a problem.

Also, I'm at class rank ten for all of my classes.

Why is this a problem?

In March, they're supposed to release the first expansion, which will likely include new weapons that I'll need to use war bonds to purchase. For me, leveling up further between now and then is a waste of effort since right now I'm not earning war bonds. And if/when they do raise the level cap, It'll be much more difficult for me to level up from 100 to 101 than it will be to level up from, say, level 81-82. Furthermore, if there's a new bump in class ranks and a class rank requirement for new weapons, I'll have been stuck at 10 from now until the update, playing given classes but not earning additional class rank between now and the update.

Basically, the long and the short of it is, for a hardcore Battlefield player, there's really no incentive to play past level 80 or so. I'm actually kind of being penalized for playing past level 80, which begs the question why even set the level cap to 100? Who the heck is this game for, anyway? Am I missing something here, or am I (are we) getting kind of hosed?
What happened when they increased the skill cap in prior games? Did you get all of those points you had accumulated turned into ranks immediately? If so I suspect the same thing will happen, along with being awarded war bonds.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, December 5th 2016, 11:32pm

Warbonds cap at Level 70, which amount for 3.75/20 million of the exp needed to reach Level 100.

If any additional unlocks are to be introduced through the current warbond system then retroactive rewards will be (hopefully) given out. There is also the chance that they simply don't use warbonds for DLC content and is just given to you from the start or tied to assignments.

The incentive to play the game should be that you enjoy it. Level is just a stupid number and doesn't hold much value besides "I've been playing for x time". If you enjoy playing for rewards or the like then set your own goals instead of having the game assign you those. It's not that hard, really.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 12:06am

The incentive to play the game should be that you enjoy it. Level is just a stupid number and doesn't hold much value besides "I've been playing for x time". If you enjoy playing for rewards or the like then set your own goals instead of having the game assign you those. It's not that hard, really.

I totally see your point. One of the reasons I put in as many hours as I did with BF4 was how the nearly endless stream of unlocks and assignments changed the way the game was played over time, creating new and interesting ways to play maps that maybe I didn't like all that much... like UCAV'ing snipers on top of the buildings on Flood Zone or endlessly fiddling with attachments on weapons that I was going for mastery on. All those assignments and unlocks broadened my skills and forced me to play the game in different ways, creating all sorts of opportunities for fun.

But here on BF1, it just kind of ends, and won't change until March at the earliest. This was never a problem with BF4.

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 12:15am

for a hardcore Battlefield player, there's really no incentive to play past level 80 or so

See, I don't get that at all. If you're a hardcore player, then playing the game is what it's about. Obviously to some (many?) the grind and the medals and the battlepacks are important, but all of that's meh to me.

New weapons in March? I'm fine with that, just want them to be unique.
Swyck

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 1:56am

Quoted from "rpt1700"
for a hardcore Battlefield player, there's really no incentive to play past level 80 or so

See, I don't get that at all. If you're a hardcore player, then playing the game is what it's about. Obviously to some (many?) the grind and the medals and the battlepacks are important, but all of that's meh to me.

Yeah it's weird. I've got 2,321 hours in BF4 with mastery on 75 different weapons. BF4 kept me enthralled for a long damned time, and I'll likely head back there tonight. This one, I'm in for 158 hours, level 81, everything is unlocked and it just feels done. I completely finished the campaign (all field guides and codex pieces), 194/198 on codex pieces overall. I'd go for more dog tags but you only need 100 kills apiece to earn them anyway, and it's not like I'm unlocking attachments as I work on those dog tags.

The last two nights, about half way through my regular time with my squad, I'm thinking, "That's it? Until March?" and that's the sort of thought that never crossed my mind with BF4 or BF3.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,768)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 3:14am

Why can't people just play to enjoy Battlefield?

I got everything unlocked save for Level 10 Pilot/Tanker weapons and I log in to, you know, play the game.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.