Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Limabravo130_NL" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, November 28th 2016, 9:46am

2 Pistols that have no place in this game atm

Why use these 2 following mid tier pistols, if you the choise of a bigger hard hitting brother (aka 1911) that can kill with 3 instead, or 4 kills or a much faster smaller brother (frommer stop, 193 hammerless)that has a rof of 449?
The following pistols are stuck in the middle, without a role in the game in current state:
- Mauser C96 (28 dmg / 299 rof)
- P08 pistol (30 dmg / 299 rof)
Especially as they have the same rof of the 1911, with only 30 dmg instead of 34. This is 4 hit to kill up close instead of 3.

@DICE: Please give these pistols a role in the game again and give them or a 359 rof (like borchard C93, Steyr M1912) or give them a 33/34 hit kill up close.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,058)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, November 28th 2016, 10:21am

Thread enabled and bumped.

Also if you wish your message to be seen by DICE your best bet is their original forums, not this Symthic one.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,456)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 28th 2016, 10:31am

Both the Mauser and P08 have better hRecoil and SIPS than the M1911.

This means they will land consecutive shots better than the M1911 outside of spitting distance.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 28th 2016, 11:25am

I can not argue with the hrecoil and sips, BUT sidearms/backups (real life and gaming)are only used between 0-15 meters so my point still stands regarding altering ór the rof ór the dmg of these 2 pistols.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,456)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 28th 2016, 11:28am

How about the fact both of those pistols draw 0.05s faster?

Or the drastically higher velocities?

Also, do not underestimate the effect that spread and hRec have on landing your hits.

As for only being used within 15m, pretty sure the Gasser 2 hits out to 20m.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 18th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, November 28th 2016, 11:29am

C96: highest Ammo count, second highest bullet velocity, nice ads spread, good horizontal recoil - all in all for me the perfect second line medic sidearm to finish off hurt enemys

Same could be said for the P08 within all-class perspektiv
First in, last out

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 28th 2016, 12:23pm

Maybe it's my playstyle then?
Only switch to sidearm if I "a" need to reload, or "b" am waiting in a house for an enemy to show up en finish him off in CQB (f.i.: sniper with slow firing primary = less effective).
In both situations, a 3 hit kill (1911->45% accuracy with +150 kills)keeps me alive most of the time versus a 4 hit kill with P08/C96 with the same rof.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,456)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 28th 2016, 12:29pm

Maybe it's my playstyle then?

Yes.

Not everyone uses pistols in just 0-15m.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 28th 2016, 12:53pm

They should / They are meaned for that sole purpose: "side-arm" An arm on the side of your primary weapon ;)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, November 28th 2016, 1:00pm

On the subject of sidearms, would anyone be able to suggest a good support sidearm? I just find most aren't worth switching out my MG15 for. At the moment I use the Repetierpistole mostly for looks and decent damage, but I rarely switch to it. Is there a good sidearm for extreme cqb? I used the bulldog for a while but even it seems to become 3hk beyond point blank range (although that long reload time is invigorating in the heat of battle!).