Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 11:34am

M1903 Experimental best gun. :love:

What is that physical illness in your hand you get from clicking too often? :D

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 2:26pm

Gewehr M95 Infantry is fun for plinking. Add a Mars sidearm and anyone that gets dinked will be destroyed by 1 pistol bullet right after

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 3:13pm

Gewehr M95 Infantry is fun for plinking. Add a Mars sidearm and anyone that gets dinked will be destroyed by 1 pistol bullet right after
That's what I do with the Martini. And sometimes I'll throw the Kolibri in there for an extra fun finisher. A gun that comes with 180+ rounds? Yes please.

Martini is my aggressive scout weapon of choice.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 3:31pm

So, if you aren't aiming for a particular sweet spot range, is the Gewehr 95 the best choice since it has a straight pull bolt and the highest ROF?

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 5:06pm

Probably a good choice. I like the M.95 Carbine and the Russian Trench. Russian Trench is technically the fastest firing bolt action.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 5:12pm

Not sure if sarcastic, but I'm strangely in love with this gun.

I have about a 100 hours on the game, and more kills with this gun than anything else in the game.

Spam your spot flares, use the spots to know where to throw your gas grenades, use the minimap knowledge to kill people from angles they're not expecting.

This gun is a CRAPTON of fun. 15-40 meters is where you wanna try to keep your engagements. Really helps to roll with a friend who's running support (especially if he knows how to mortar). Amazing synergy.

Pair it with the Frommer Stop... same RPM, fastest swap time, one less BTK under 15m.

Really helps if you use your bumper buttons to shoot (triggers are too slow). Also increase your "on-foot minimap radius" to at least 100m, to get way more info from your flares.

And for the love of god, don't be that guy that shoots his flare out of the map. Ideally, you want your flare to land at the base of the flagpole.

I do think it might be cool if it also had a sweetspot, like maybe 20-35m it would only need 4 hits to kill.

Reposting that from elsewhere. This setup is insanely fun if you have a support guy that will roll with you (in my case it's my wife lol). Don't use the radium sights on this one because it will obscure even more of your vision.

I can see this gun not being fun with a mouse, though.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 11:50pm

I like using this rifle as well, since it plays completely differently from any other primary weapon for the Scout.

What do you mean by that?

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 1:33am

I like using this rifle as well, since it plays completely differently from any other primary weapon for the Scout.

What do you mean by that?

Comments from PC guys like this....

What is that physical illness in your hand you get from clicking too often? :D
Also, I believe there's a thread right now on this forum where some of the posts talk about not being able to click faster than 300rpm accurately (which I'm sure is different for everyone). Seems hella slow.

I've never gamed with a mouse, but I'd imagine fast clicking with your finger in an outstretched position would be less comfortable/fast than with your finger curled. ?(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Oak_Beard" (Nov 30th 2016, 2:00am)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 1:52am

Yeah as far as I know the act of clicking or pushing is what matters the most. So in this case the M1903 really is quite a problem. Some people's hands cramp up easily, too. Personally, when I play a lot I get a strain in my lower arm. Last autumn it did not go away for two weeks.

We all like to be funny about it, but I can only advise everyone playing a lot to take regular breaks and do some exercise, especially for your hands and arms. Getting a chronic pain from playing is nothing I would wish anyone of us. So stay safe, guys! ;)

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 2:01am

That's what I do with the Martini. And sometimes I'll throw the Kolibri in there for an extra fun finisher. A gun that comes with 180+ rounds? Yes please.

Martini is my aggressive scout weapon of choice.
The Martini almost feels like cheating sometimes haha.

The SMLE is amazing in every variation it has. You can do some serious damage with the Carbine version.

With the Gewehr 98 and the M1903, I've actually transitioned away from the sniper scopes and favoring the Marksmen scopes instead. Their bullet paths are both so straight that you can start to get away with not using the added precision of the higher zoom. Eliminating the scope glint is an added bonus, and helps trim down the disadvantage you might otherwise be at against Twinkle Twinkle Little Star hiding behind their boulder off in the distance.