Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, November 27th 2016, 5:06pm

People's thoughts on the elite classes

How does everyone else feel about the elite classes as far as balance and usefulness goes? I've been fairly hopeless with most of them, but have seen them used well. The only one I've done really well with so far is the Anti-tank kit. That rifle is amazing. OHK from any distance to any body part, and you can snipe tanks to pieces. I just shot down an airship with one in operations mode and went on a massive killstreak afterwards. As long as you have some decent chest-high cover it is a great weapon.

I've seen others use the flamethrower and MG08 well but never seem to do well myself. Does anyone feel they need a buff or am I just doing it wrong?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, November 27th 2016, 5:16pm

Minus few exceptions I mostly see them as an "spice up" for the game but nothing too major, and I am not even sure if those few exceptions had high amount of kills with the kit or otherwise.

They can be effective at clearing flags and capturing things but they also go down easily. One bayonet charge and they go down (charger possibly dies if elite wasn't alone) and thus far I haven't seen people who avoid my charges somehow. Usually flamethrower guy notices me but the delay for firing allows me to hit them first.

My opinion in a nutshell: They are okey in current state (for conquest 64p).
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, November 27th 2016, 5:29pm

You are heavily relying on your teammates, especially a medic, that keeps you healed. The flamethrower is crazy, especially when paired with the grenades. The sentry is also quite good as long as you remember to never stop shooting. The Perosa sentry however is more specialized.

Generally I see little tactical use for them, other than that to boost one's stats. They might even create a more lopsided game, when more are on the loose at one side. They are like the Heroes from Battlefront. Just a gimmick they took from that game.

The Tanker and the Cavalry however are a bit different. With the importance of vehicles and rather limited defence against infantry compared to other elites they can have a meaningful impact and are in turn still more balanced. The sawed-off shotgun is rather strong though.
As for Cavalry they can rather sneaky and safely traverse the map and take back flags, with the rather awkward handling of transports something really useful. They have an interesting loadout as well, with the AT grenades, the repeater rifle and the bags. I do not see a reason to keep the high health though when they dismount. Also what you can see is that the repeater gun is highly underused on horseback.
More than others the cavalry class is subject to frustration it seems, the hitbox is funky, the reach is inconsistent and the killcam does not help either. Really prone to glitches, lags and the obscure netcode issues.

Still I think the game would not hurt too much if they get nerfed, or hadn't been implemented at all.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, November 27th 2016, 10:55pm

Personally, I dislike the inclusion of Elite Classes in smaller infantry only game modes. To me, they function similarly to vehicles in the modes with actual vehicles, which is why I am opposed to their appearance in Domination, War Pigeons, and Team Deathmatch where there are solely infantry on the battlefield. For modes such as Conquest, Rush, and Operations however, I feel that Elite Classes have a place among other vehicles.

The Tanker and the Cavalry however are a bit different. With the importance of vehicles and rather limited defence against infantry compared to other elites they can have a meaningful impact and are in turn still more balanced.

Only the Flame Trooper, the Sentry, and the Tank Hunter should be considered as Elite Classes. They are the ones that require a player to pickup the kit and they are the ones that cannot be revived. The Cavalry, the Pilot, and the Tanker are all vehicle classes and should not be lumped together with true Elite Classes.

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 28th 2016, 6:04am

They're extremely hit or miss. I've gone on massive tears with the Villar Perosa class until I ran out of ammo (bad team there). On the other hand, I've only ever gotten one kill with the flamethrower because whenever I've picked it up someone has run out of cover and bayoneted me before I even finish the animation of putting on my gas mask lol. The MG seems useful, but its inaccuracy means it can get torn down over time; its main advantage is just its health over actually having a strong weapon like the others. The Tank Hunter is amazing, though. Six grenades!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 28th 2016, 6:28am

Would that be consisted of two Anti-Tank Grenades plus four Frag Grenades?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,292)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 28th 2016, 9:12am

The Flame Trooper is one of the strongest lockdown kits in the game.

For example, it can pretty much prevent the enemy team from recapping Edward on Argonne Forest by putting an Incendiary Grenade in one of the entrances and torching the other two constantly.

So long as it has squadmates resupplying it with ammunition and health, it is great and holding down positions by itself.

It took the entire enemy team to take my squad down after torching them at least 40 times.

Was also called an "autistic prick" in the process. Good times.

The Sentry is pretty good at breaking through fortifications alongside the Flame Trooper.

The only downside to it is the lack of a gas mask which means Gas Grenades are its hard counter.

I have written before about my 30 killstreak with it being hampered by a lack of ammo.

What is great about these two Elites is that they will fit where a Tank cannot and can spearhead assaults.

The Tank Hunter is great at actually dealing long range damage to vehicles.

Outside of that, it is pretty limited which is fine given its ability.

What I would like to see is for Elite Classes to continue to inject unique experiences.

RIght now, the Tank Hunter is basically Assault + Scout, the Sentry is just a beefed up Support, and Flame Trooper is Assault with a DoT Splash weapon.

Future Elite Classes could blend standard classes but I would like for unique mechanics to still be introduced.

MGO3 is a good example of this.

The Unique Character Ocelot combined the Scout and Infiltrator classes while adding in the ability to ricochet bullets into Marked enemies.

Snake combined the Enforcer and Scout classes while adding a man-portable TV Missile. Neither he nor Ocelot needed direct line of sight to kill enmies which was extremely powerful.

Quiet was an Infiltrator with beefed up Scout abilities. She had infinite sprint, skipped ladder climbing animations, took no fall damage, and had no recoil. She was very squishy and relied on her fast movement to stay alive.

This is the direction I think DICE should go.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, November 28th 2016, 9:33am

I find them thoroughly unexceptional in most situations, especially on maps with vehicles. If you've got no vehicles or can restrict yourself to fighting in a high intensity spot with squad support where vehicles can't go they are extremely good.

Without squad support they go down really quite fast. It's mildly frustrating to get killed by one 1v1, but generally they have limited impact on the overall round.

The one exception is the flamethrower on Argonne. With a squad and good positioning it's insane. The problem is that you have to extract the kit from that shitty spot under the bridge.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 28th 2016, 9:40am

Future Elite Classes could blend standard classes but I would like for unique mechanics to still be introduced.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that we will also get new Elite Classes with the future expansions. Hopefully it will not just be another primary weapon for the Sentry.

Any thoughts on what new additions you wish to see in "Battlefield 1"?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,292)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 28th 2016, 9:50am

I find them thoroughly unexceptional in most situations, especially on maps with vehicles. If you've got no vehicles or can restrict yourself to fighting in a high intensity spot with squad support where vehicles can't go they are extremely good.

Without squad support they go down really quite fast. It's mildly frustrating to get killed by one 1v1, but generally they have limited impact on the overall round.

The one exception is the flamethrower on Argonne. With a squad and good positioning it's insane. The problem is that you have to extract the kit from that shitty spot under the bridge.

It is quite unfortunate that it is so reliant on other people knowing to throw you medkits and ammo packs.

I have already expressed my frustration when neither are available.

The Elites are only as good as the teammates supporting it and less about the individual actually using it.

@ChineseToTheBone

An Information Warfare Elite and a Morale Elite (like the Officer in the other thread).
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.