Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 9:30pm

Eh? The Rocket gun has great range and does similar damage to tanks as the HE main guns.....

• "Rawrgle" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 9:59pm

Eh? The Rocket gun has great range and does similar damage to tanks as the HE main guns.....

And you have to lie down (i.e sitting duck) to use. Slow reload etc.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 10:36pm

It deploys on most cover....

How are you any more of a sitting duck than having to hold lock until impact with the javelin, or guiding the missile in until impact with SRAW?

• "Rawrgle" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:10pm

How are you any more of a sitting duck than having to hold lock until impact with the javelin, or guiding the missile in until impact with SRAW?

Sure thats a comparison to just two of the options we had before - the SRAW was nerfed to crap so no one used it anyway and the javelin was best used with a laser desig and had an insane range and optimal attack profile. That and the dumbfire rockets could be skillfully fired from a long way off with no warning to the tank driver and reloaded while you move position and fired once again on the move.

I get it from your name that you like tanks because of their power but you do realise that using tanks gives you a huge advantage over most other things in the game in general, right?

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:55pm

I was overall pretty alarmed with the BF3 to BF4 release thing though: BF4 was basically BF3.5, with some new maps, different balance and slightly different unlocks, and a whole slew of very serious bugs. Both titles were quality in the end but the whole notion of rolling out what is very close to the same title twice, and the the second time with a huge host of technical issues. To me they really stretched the definition of what could be repackaged as a new AAA title. BF3/BF4 also ended up with fracture map rotations - there were so many great maps in BF3 that got left behind and really shouldn't have given how readily they recycled assets, etc and sold it as full price DLC. The BF4 DLCs (especially naval strike bleh) were rather weak IMO which played into the whole malaise of paying for a BF3.5.

I suppose it is no wonder that "Battlefield 4" only sold approximately half as many copies as "Battlefield 3".

So what's missing? I don't think the maps are super varied and the destructible terrain has been taken even further than before which turns contested flags into moonscapes with little cover. The tittle doesn't benefit from pulling in from the best of the historical maps, or getting to re-polish a prior release. The behemoths are a bit tedious. The maneuver warfare is a bit lacking, or a bit absurd: Sinai G flag I'm talking to you.

With the currently available nine maps being on three distinct fronts, I think they are varied enough for the base game. The destructible terrain actually provides sufficient cover from the amount of foxholes that you refer to as moonscape in my opinion.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 21st 2016, 12:00am

Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 21st 2016, 12:02am

Me, I play for the game not the grind. Could care less about skins and things like that.

Edit: Didn't mention, I'm liking the game.
Swyck

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "swyck" (Nov 21st 2016, 12:26am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 12:14am

Sure thats a comparison to just two of the options we had before - the SRAW was nerfed to crap so no one used it anyway and the javelin was best used with a laser desig and had an insane range and optimal attack profile. That and the dumbfire rockets could be skillfully fired from a long way off with no warning to the tank driver and reloaded while you move position and fired once again on the move.

I get it from your name that you like tanks because of their power but you do realise that using tanks gives you a huge advantage over most other things in the game in general, right?
Thanks for stating the obvious. Yet a tank without support and a mediocre driver generally has it's lifespan measured in tens of seconds and after a very limited impact in the field. Tanks are powerful when used correctly by design, they also have huge vulnerabilities.

Your average blueberry simply doesn't leverage this supposedly huge advantage.

Tanks in BF1 are the weakest they have ever been in any battlefield title. They are slow, the best tanks have no turret, most of them have no driver operated anti-infantry weapon with high uptime and their countermeasures are overall weaker. You can over-extend yourself incredibly easily.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 12:17am

I was overall pretty alarmed with the BF3 to BF4 release thing though: BF4 was basically BF3.5, with some new maps, different balance and slightly different unlocks, and a whole slew of very serious bugs. Both titles were quality in the end but the whole notion of rolling out what is very close to the same title twice, and the the second time with a huge host of technical issues. To me they really stretched the definition of what could be repackaged as a new AAA title. BF3/BF4 also ended up with fracture map rotations - there were so many great maps in BF3 that got left behind and really shouldn't have given how readily they recycled assets, etc and sold it as full price DLC. The BF4 DLCs (especially naval strike bleh) were rather weak IMO which played into the whole malaise of paying for a BF3.5.

I suppose it is no wonder that "Battlefield 4" only sold approximately half as many copies as "Battlefield 3".

So what's missing? I don't think the maps are super varied and the destructible terrain has been taken even further than before which turns contested flags into moonscapes with little cover. The tittle doesn't benefit from pulling in from the best of the historical maps, or getting to re-polish a prior release. The behemoths are a bit tedious. The maneuver warfare is a bit lacking, or a bit absurd: Sinai G flag I'm talking to you.

With the currently available nine maps being on three distinct fronts, I think they are varied enough for the base game. The destructible terrain actually provides sufficient cover from the amount of foxholes that you refer to as moonscape in my opinion.
Man I didn't realize BF3 outsold BF4 that heavily!

The maps are varied geographically, but they are not really varied in terms of terrain/layout. The map design is typically: open field with a slope and then dense cover on the flag. Then we've got 1 infantry map, 1 dense urban map and 1 desert map. Which IMO is the worst desert map they've ever done.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 21st 2016, 12:35am

Man I didn't realize BF3 outsold BF4 that heavily!

"Battlefield 3" had a massive advertisement campaign that made many newcomers to the franchise want to play it. I would say it is the same situation with "Battlefield 1" now and expect the sales of this game to at least match that 15 million copies figure set previously.

The maps are varied geographically, but they are not really varied in terms of terrain/layout. The map design is typically: open field with a slope and then dense cover on the flag. Then we've got 1 infantry map, 1 dense urban map and 1 desert map. Which IMO is the worst desert map they've ever done.

I really like the overall design of Sinai Desert actually. It is definitely my favourite desert map in the "Battlefield" franchise thus far. Gulf of Oman, Bandar Desert, and Silk Road all pale in comparison for me due to their flag layouts.