Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 6:20pm

No, that would be too much. 5 BTK at 30-35m is alright i guess

Sure, except that's still in CQB and LMGs would still be a 6 BTK in actual mid-range combat.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:00pm

It is far more likely 6 BTK is their target BTK and players are simply being provided extra damage for CQB.

Every light machine gun should have had 6 bullets be the maximum number of shots to the body to kill an opponent at range. The minimum damage of the Lewis Gun and the Huot Automatic in particular should be raised to 17 damage at least to give them greater consistency.

5 BTK at 30-35m is alright i guess

I agree with that 30 metres figure being the threshold for light machine guns remaining able to kill with 5 shots to the body, as that is also the exact distance where the most close range oriented rifle - the Martini-Henry Infantry - first begins its sweet spot range.

As for gas shells, I don't see why not. It would be extremely efficient in locking down a position.

The Gas Mortar already exists for the Armoured Mortar Truck, so implementing it for the Support Class would not be too difficult.

Sure, except that's still in CQB and LMGs would still be a 6 BTK in actual mid-range combat.

I would say that close quarters is instead within the distance of 22 metres specifically considering the damage models of submachine guns.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:07pm

Every light machine gun should have had 6 bullets be the maximum number of shots to the body to kill an opponent at range. The minimum damage of the Lewis Gun and the Huot Automatic in particular should be raised to 17 damage at least to give them greater consistency.

The Lewis and Huot are also two of the most accurate LMGs.

Take a look at something like the Madsen or BAR.

Yes, they only need to land 6 hits.

They are unable to reliably land those hits.

Meanwhile the Lewis and Huot are pretty much guaranteed to land their 7 by the time the BAR or Madsen finally get around to the 6th hit.

I would say that close quarters is instead within the distance of 22 metres specifically considering the damage models of submachine guns.

That is even worse.

LMGs get 5 BTK out to a tiny fraction of mid-range.

What an incredible buff!

Oh wait, that's because it is!

Already surpassing SMGs in accuracy and damage, the LMGs quite obviously need better BTK shifts.

A BTK shift that makes close range performance better is a great idea!
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:10pm

The Lewis and Huot are also two of the most accurate LMGs.

Those two light machine guns also have rates of fire on the lower side.

A BTK shift that makes close range performance better is a great idea!

Thanks. Adonariz likes the idea as well.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:13pm

Those two light machine guns also have rates of fire on the lower side.

Faster fire rate is meaningless if those bullets do not land.

Your effective damage output at range with the Lewis or Huot is better despite their slower fire rate because they can land their damage.

Thanks. Adonariz likes the idea as well.

Might as well rename LMG to OP Super SMG then.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:15pm

Good thing that an extension of the damage drop-off distance only affects the performance of light machine guns in medium range then.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:27pm

Good thing that an extension of the damage drop-off distance only affects the performance of light machine guns in medium range then.

If you can call stretching the BTK shift by 8m, completely neglecting the fact that mid-range is very likely to stretch into 60m or even 80m, then sure.

Unfortunately, an 8m extension does not actually amount to any significant mid-range performance.

Let us assume mid-range would encompass 22m-60m.

Having 5 BTK for a measly 21% of that entire range is not significant. And only at the closer end of the spectrum no less.

Have you already forgotten that LMGs have superior BTK?

That they have superior accuracy?

Do they need better shifts?

The answer is no. They are already close to being a clearly superior option to SMGs.

They do not need further buffs. If any buffs do happen, then what we have here is the beginning of power creep.

I encourage you to read the following.

See if you can figure out what the changes amounted to.

Source code

\gameplay\Vehicles\common\weapondata\Vulcan_Cannon_Firing.dice
BulletEntityData c0f2c5667de95048900c89d655e7e354
	EndDamage 12.6000003815 -> 4.19999980927
	DamageFalloffEndDistance 50.0 -> 1000.0
	StartDamage 15.0 -> 12.6000003815
	DamageFalloffStartDistance 10.0 -> 600.0
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:30pm

I have absolutely no idea what the Vulcan Cannon is.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:32pm

It is the MAA cannon from BF4.

See if you can figure out what the change means.

I will be very surprised if you figure it out.

I will be impressed if you can figure out the relevance.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:38pm

For a vehicle not entirely meant to be used against infantry? We are talking about light machine guns.