Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, December 5th 2016, 10:55pm

Where are you guys aiming when shooting at the gondolas on the Airship L30? I feel that I am wasting bullets with my light machine gun each time I fire at them.

They only spawn when the team is 100 tickets down or over and by that time the loss of map control is irrecoverable.

They are much more inconsistent than that in my experience. Sometimes the difference could go above 150 tickets before the Behemoth spawns.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, December 5th 2016, 11:04pm

Where are you guys aiming when shooting at the gondolas on the Airship L30? I feel that I am wasting bullets with my light machine gun each time I fire at them.

They only spawn when the team is 100 tickets down or over and by that time the loss of map control is irrecoverable.

They are much more inconsistent than that in my experience. Sometimes the difference could go above 150 tickets before the Behemoth spawns.

Indeed, but the minimum condition is a 100 ticket deficit. I bet it starts some sort of randomized timer, or that for every instant where the team is down 100 tickets there is a chance it can spawn.

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 12:15pm

Just had my first run as the airship pilot today. Those bombs are crazy good. I just floated about dropping them on AA guns (operations mode). It kills the enemy and destroys the gun. You just have to get used to the delay between firing and when the bombs actually land. You also get occasional kills from stupid pilots crashing into the airship

And how much health did your airship have left?

We tried earlier today with 3 guns firing at us on St. Quentin Operations.

Airship was down to 25% by the time it destroyed 2 AA guns.

Yeah we were pretty messed up, at about 25% health. I managed to take out the guns up the back before infantry could reach them. I agree that the airship is easiest to take down, but the pilot bombs are certainly far from useless, particularly in operations where punching a hole in the enemy line is so vital. I don't know why so many people think the behemoths make no tactical difference, particularly the ones that can cap flags. Sure, if a team is really bad, nothing can save them, but the behemoths definitely help. When I actually get a good chance to fire on the enemy from one of those gondolas, it almost feels unfair. Nothing can save a bad team though.
The number of times I've seen a behemoth turn the tides of a conquest match can be counted on one hand with room to spare. They only spawn when the team is 100 tickets down or over and by that time the loss of map control is irrecoverable.

They are consequently just a frustration for the dominating team - a penalty/punishment for the piss poor skill balancing that has plagued all battlefield titles.

The concept and role of the behemoths for operations or whatnot, where the game is inherently more asymmetric, is a lot more attractive but I find they are poor in conquest.

I don't play much conquest anymore as I mostly play operations but I'd say my experience was the same as yours. Maybe it just has to do with the new ticket system. It does seem harder to come back from defeat now. In operations they can really help a struggling team though.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 12:19pm

The number of times where a Behemoth's arrival has facilitated a full reversal can be counted on two hands for me.

Behemoths provide an opportunity to comeback.

It does not automatically guarantee it will happen and even then it will only be of use to teams that are close to losing but not quite.

If you are losing so badly that a Behemoth does not help, it simply means you were not going to win in the first place.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 12:30pm

They do make a difference on Argonne.

If one team takes C and then you spend the rest of the match fighting over it, the arrival of the Armored Train can push you off C and basically give the win to the other team.

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 3:07pm

Well, given the utterly pitiful performance I have seen displayed by almost every player I have ever seen use either a stationary MG or a light vehicle mounted MG since BC2, I am inclined to think that a large portion of the playerbase is simply awful at using the behemoth's weapons to their full potential.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 5:18pm

Yeah we had a double mortar squad team in the train on Suez the other day and were together sitting at 45 kills or so. Add to that a whole bunch of assists and you can be sure what it feels like to be on the receiving end of that barrage.

However this kind of coordination is rather rare, so it ends up being used to elevate one's own stats more.

As for Argonne you could argue that, when the fight is only centered around C, than the behemoth is likely not needed, because it is a pretty balanced round.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2016, 1:48pm

So I played them all now and it was just as I expected, while my stats are all pretty comparable between the different LMGs, personal performance wise, the BAR Storm exceeds, followed by the MG15 variants. The Huot ranges somewhere below that, it is not an unbalanced weapon but other than roleplaying a Canadian I do not see a real role or use for it. The reload seems long for the mag capacity, the 26 bullets do not give you a lot of firepower, and the handling is average, while the ROF is on the low end.

One thing and that is important for me to mention is that I am quite a bit more accurate with this gun. Not because of the bipod or because it handles well, but because it is totally lacking any kind of visual recoil, sight misalignment while moving or turning or anything that even moves the reticle in the slightest way. I do not know if it is a bug, or something intentional, but it obviously is possible to design weapons this way. Considering other accuracies in this weapon class, it gave me 3% more accuracy against the next contender, which is the BAR Storm, which is quite a lot when you think about it.

Another downside though, and the only visual hindrance is the way over the top muzzle flash, which makes follow up shots harder then they need to be. I very likely would have crossed the magic 20% mark which would validate the use of automatic weapons with a low ROF.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2016, 1:56pm

I've noticed that the Huot sight is completely on target at all times too. But if I'm already going into the sub-500RPM LMGs, I go straight to the Benet-Mercie Telescopic. Nothing else competes in that category with the significantly better minimum damage and high velocity

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2016, 2:09pm

Yeah good on you, I have heard that a lot in this thread. Personally I had an awful time with any Benet. For me it was inaccurate, slow, and inconsistent, too. Especially when looking at the stats. It is all good if it works for you the best though.

As for the sight, I did not notice the same gap between visual disturbances as in BF4, but there are differences for sure, the Lewis Optical worked out alright, but the Benet optical bounced all over the placem then the sight on the Huot is totally still, while, if I recall correctly it swang around on both Lewis variants, even though the sight is the same.

In BF4 I thought it might have to do with how the sight is mounted on the gun in comparison to the barrel, as the weapons with the highest visual recoil and sight misalignment, were usually the ones that had a big height difference between the mounted RDS sight and the barrel. The QBZ variants, A-91, G36 and the F2000 come to mind here. Others were mostly on point, like the AK5. It was really inconsistent across the weapon classes.