Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,287)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, November 28th 2016, 10:41am

Yeah it just bothered me as I think mane people use the forums as a favorite and not the homepage itself, so it is a click more. Actually I only noticed this a week ago, before I looked up the beta stat thread, and used the link there.

On suppresion: Every information we gathered so far comes in handy, right now, the best source is what youtubers said about it, and that information is sometimes wrong or outdated and certainly not complete.

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, November 28th 2016, 3:55pm

Giving support a damage buff would probably make it too easy. As it stands, as a support main myself, I like being relatively rare. With a damage buff more people would be effective and then I wouldn't be special anymore ;)

However I think a little balance they could do would change how suppression affects support. Specifically with bipods. If I am prone and at min spread, too many times the sniper I am shooting at fires back, missing because of my suppression hopefully, and then immediately puts me in full suppression causing me to not be able to hit him. If they removed suppression for PRONE or otherwise bipodded supports (hell all bipoded primaries to avoid claims of OP support), this would make people who actually use their bipod less vulnerable to others specifically sniper one shots.

You are inherently making yourself vulnerable by using your bipod. You are a smaller target with a large accuracy and recoil advantage, but you are now stationary. So not being able to become suppressed would further encourage people to use the bipod.

If you become suppressed prior to bipoding you would still have those effects and would have to wait for them to go away. This would prevent people going belly down upon being shot at to remove suppression then just standing and returning fire on the move or whatnot.

This would give the LMGS with bipods a buff without doing something as broad and heavy handed as changing MIN/MAX damages, or shifting damage dropoff thresholds.

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, November 28th 2016, 7:12pm

Has anyone else noticed that the HE mortar has vanished from both the in-game stat page and the battlefield 1 app stat page? I can see my airburst kills but the HE variant is gone. I hope the game is still tracking it properly now that the HE mortar is actually half decent.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,287)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, November 28th 2016, 7:43pm

Has anyone else noticed that the HE mortar has vanished from both the in-game stat page and the battlefield 1 app stat page? I can see my airburst kills but the HE variant is gone. I hope the game is still tracking it properly now that the HE mortar is actually half decent.

I thought is has been like this since release, although I am not sure. I was rummaging around the stats for a while now and I never noticed it being there. I am sure it is tracked, but what causes it being not shown, I do not know. You could test it out by getting 100 kills an dlooking for a Service Star. Sure neough this is very time consuming.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 28th 2016, 8:58pm

The Airburst variant of the Mortar presented trouble for me, since you could not choose it from the game client when customizing outside of matches.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 1:16am

However I think a little balance they could do would change how suppression affects support. Specifically with bipods.

I agree as a whole, and with regards to this, Bipods should simply be immune to Suppression.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 1:22am

So that immunity should also apply to the self-loading rifles with bipods for the Medic and the rifles with bipods for the Scout?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 1:32am

So that immunity should also apply to the self-loading rifles with bipods for the Medic and the rifles with bipods for the Scout?

Yes. People can complain about snipers if they want, but with scope glint they're already automatic targets; you shouldn't be able to screw with a properly setup sniper by spamming a few shots in his general direction any more than you should be able to do that to an MG gunner. Bipods, on any gun, require you to be stationary (already a massive drawback, and especially vulnerable to incoming fire), but being stationary is also supposed to give you stability.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 2:52am

Yeah if only bipodded supports received benefits people would cry foul and unfair. So in order to make it fair if somebody was already set up on a bipod they should be unaffected. However if a sniper is unbipodded and gets suppressed then lays down to bipod he should still be suppressed. Same with support and SLRs.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 2:55am

Yeah if only bipodded supports received benefits people would cry foul and unfair. So in order to make it fair if somebody was already set up on a bipod they should be unaffected. However if a sniper is unbipodded and gets suppressed then lays down to bipod he should still be suppressed. Same with support and SLRs.

I like that idea, that would make sense. If the Bipod blocked gaining any additional Suppression this should work well.
Who Enjoys, Wins