Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, November 17th 2016, 10:07pm

Yeah rain and storms now decrease my fps quite a bit. Plus nobody seems to be able to quit from a server anymore without ctr+alt+del.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

• "LucidNonsenze" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, November 17th 2016, 10:16pm

So, playing on low settings, gas grenades are absolutely lethal. Half the time the gas cloud doesn't even render, when it does it covers about 1/4 the area the gas affects. The same applies to quite a few visual effects, explosive rounds often simply dissapear on low (if the tracer even appeared) instead of exploding making aiming quite hard for certain weapons like field guns as you can't see where you're shooting.

Low settings still getting quite a lot of 40 - 50 fps.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, November 17th 2016, 11:22pm

Low graphics setting cannot be that bad. I have never noticed any shots disappearing like you mentioned. Besides, that is what competitive players use.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 18th 2016, 12:00am

Low graphics setting cannot be that bad. I have never noticed any shots disappearing like you mentioned. Besides, that is what competitive players use.
I don't recall there ever being any issues like it when I tried low in BF3/4, in fact instead of dissapearing and being hard to see tracers in those games were huge on low. It's possible that it's some kind of glitch or bug, or something introduced in the latest patch. Perhaps I'm only noticing because I've never used low before and haven't adjusted.

As for 'Competitive players', the competitve scene as a whole tends to be superstitious and arbitrary. I haven't trusted anything 'competitive players' have said since some of the very stilly stuff from BF3 such as banning certain weapons whilst holding one unbalanced glitched weapon up as the wholesome god-gun of BF cause muh skill cannon.

On the other hand this is far from a blanket declaration on all current/previous competitive players, many of whom are quite a bit more knowledgeable and observant about game details than me.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, November 18th 2016, 3:43am

The funny thing is that I haven't updated my drivers, still on the one before 375.86
Don't update them, I had to roll back from 375.86 to to 375.70. "Newest, optipized for BF1 drivers" gave me stable 20 fps loss on my 970.
BTW, I have FPS problems after update too. It's generally lower, gone from 70-100 pre-patch to 60-70 and with drops to 45, and this is on 24p Rush... And now graphics on ultra looks like everything is on medium.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, November 18th 2016, 11:55am

Latest patch was a double edged sword. Now joining people finally works reliably, but performance is overall lower and my one major issue, the "getdeviceremovedreason" crash got worse, not better :(

It didn't help that Nvidia shat their bed when releasing the new drivers and added epilepsy inducing flickering when using SLI.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "C0llis" (Nov 18th 2016, 12:01pm)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, November 18th 2016, 12:23pm

Latest patch was a double edged sword. Now joining people finally works reliably, but performance is overall lower and my one major issue, the "getdeviceremovedreason" crash got worse, not better :(

It didn't help that Nvidia shat their bed when releasing the new drivers and added epilepsy inducing flickering when using SLI.

Can't be as bad as my bug where the whole screen suddenly got a blue/green tint or flicker and a immensly bright red/yellow sphere of light suddenly appearing and blinding me whenever I look in the general direction. :D

BF1 certainly added quite a few ridiculous bugs.

Still a mate of mine still has issues when driving or shooting in a vehicle, the Origin overlay is still not working. People not being able to quit the game is unnerving, too. Yeah joining works better now, but it is far from perfect and generally the UI of the menu is still way behind battlelog. I really think they should have kept that and screwed the idea of making Origin a second grade Steam.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, November 18th 2016, 3:19pm

My game was already fucked, like many others (amongst which a suspicious number of FX8350 users) I have low and inconsistent frame rates besides meeting requirements, and it has been this way since beta.

But now its even more fucked.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, November 18th 2016, 4:19pm

air combat is a mess post-patch. Example:
New Battlefield 1 plane mechanics
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 18th 2016, 4:24pm

My game was already fucked, like many others (amongst which a suspicious number of FX8350 users) I have low and inconsistent frame rates besides meeting requirements, and it has been this way since beta.

But now its even more fucked.
The thing is I had great FPS even in the beta, with my settings all ultra, AA an HBAO turned off. After release I turned down a lot of settings to high from ultra just for that extra stability on all maps and had pretty good FPS. Now since this patch my performance has gone to shit. In BF4 I had the opposite problem, really poor FPS in the beta and before the first patch or two which was fixed by a patch. In BF1 it's the opposite, good optimisation - right from the beta on, broken by a patch which is quite annoying.
air combat is a mess post-patch. Example:
New Battlefield 1 plane mechanics
I don't touch planes in BF1 really, but I've noticed a strange somewhat subtle stuttery effect in vehicle movement since the patch. I can't tell if it's performance related or a glitch, but it seems to occur regardless of FPS or network performance.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.