Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:41am

Oh yes, Fao is consistent.

It is consistently darker and harder to see.

Nearly the entirety of Sinai Desert's playable area is under the sun. There is only shade around Butter and inside buildings. Uniforms generally do not match the terrain with only whites matching buildings and browns matching rocks. For the most part, people don't blend in.

Nearly the entirety of Fao Fortress's playable area is either dark or blurred. Throw in the fact that one faction's uniform is nearly the same shade of reddish brown as the map and you have obvious problems with visibility. But that does not particularly matter since the excessive blur on Fao masks the white uniform anyways.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:44am

Of course, but that is never an issue since you can easily get used to the lower visibility. It is on Sinai Desert where the darker areas completely mask the presence of enemy infantry from your vision simply due to the huge amount of difference in lighting from much brighter areas for which you came from.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:55am

Are you seriously saying your eyes cannot adjust between the mostly bright areas to the very few darker areas and back again?

And that it is easier to see when everything is dark and blurred with poor lighting?

Unbelievable.

Just because the conditions are more consistent does not make it easier to see. Consistently bad visibility stays bad.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 12:00pm

For when one moves from one bright area to one dark area on a map like Sinai Desert, that is absolutely the case for my eyes. I expect this to be a reoccurring problem for many other players as well, since it is basically a variation of an age-old optical illusion.

If you compare the colours for A and B, you will find they are in fact the same shade of grey.

Now think of that as the tan uniforms and their amount of contrast with the desert environment under different lighting conditions.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 2:38pm

I have issues on all maps. But Noctyrne is right in the case for Sinai when it comes to fighting outside, it is very bright and people are easy to identify. However the interiors are really dark still, and when you look at a window it is very hard to identify a person behind it. The background is just too dark. What I found out on Suez, is that the transition from dark to bright leaves you a bit blinded.

Fao is a different case though, the brown ground and the generally darker background blend in really well with the uniforms. It is similar with Amiens. Players can lie 20m away from in rubble or on ground and I have no chance to identify them if they are not in the center of my aimpoint.
I had it yesterday where I crossed the rails on Amiens, went up on the German sight and got shot by a Support who must have been in my sight for the last 3-4 seconds and moving, but I hadn't noticed him. In BF4 I would have identified that guy even if he was at the edge of my screen immediately.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:44pm

Moving between lighting conditions has never been a problem for me.

Don't know what's wrong with you in that department.

Even the interior of buildings aren't dark enough to pose a problem.

The only area I have trouble seeing people is Sinai Butter because the shade is so much darker compared to everywhere else.

It is Fao levels of poor visibility.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.