Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, November 19th 2016, 6:41pm

So with playing with a little more care, I got to a 25%+ for the SLRs. With the .35 Marksman I reached an average of 31%, which I am rather happy about. It would have been better even if I had not tried too much on hitting enemies further off, because the spread took some shots.

I am at the last Medic Rifle now which is the Selbstlader 1906 and this one is killing me again, with the upwards recoil I am losing my targets at a certain range and with five bullets in the mag I would need a 60% accuracy, which is not doable for me.

It is hard to transition between weapons, as well I noticed. I used the MP18s first and then went to the Automatico, which despite being SMGs, have little common ground. While I almost never went ADS with any Automatico, I always do so with the the MP18 though. Also all SMGs feel really sluggish when you watch your own tracers, much slower than SLRs.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, November 19th 2016, 9:08pm

I am at the last Medic Rifle now which is the Selbstlader 1906 and this one is killing me again, with the upwards recoil I am losing my targets at a certain range and with five bullets in the mag I would need a 60% accuracy, which is not doable for me.

The Selbstlader 1906 was even more difficult to use before the most recent patch, where its recoil was double the value of what it is now.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 5:27am

Totally agree with you on iron sights and lack of soldier contrast.

I really wish all guns could equip those AA sights; it's a clearly sight picture than the red dots in BF3 and BF4.

Funny how in this game, depicting armies that did not use camouflage, makes it so hard to see people.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 6:55am

It has become progressively more difficult to visually identify enemy infantry at a glance for this first person shooter series. Soldiers stood out more in "Battlefield 3" than they did in "Battlefield 4" as well. The situation with "Battlefield 1" is really just a continuation of all the textures looking more and more natural.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 10:12am

Yeah? I can not really recall...It is surely a matter of graphics though. With all that clutter I often miss people at close range because they blend in so well, or are covered in foliage or the contrast is too low. For example we were playing Sinai yesterday and were on E, my mate got killed by a guy and I knew where the enemy was hiding. I turned the corner and it took me a second to identify him and even then to hit.

In the end I figured it was because I was sticking out like a sore thumb with a bright background and he was sitting on brown sand in a darker corner of a house. Interiors are not as well lit as in previous BFs, and if you get out of them you get blinded. This is clearly done to increase the visual effect on the player, but it holds no gameplay value for me.

However in long distances I rarely have issues identifying people at all. Mainly because the uniforms appear darker and you can track movement more easily since you have a wider FOV.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 10:55am

I have noticed as well that Sinai Desert is where most of this issue with soldiers blending into the background comes from. There are many dark areas with shadows that can easily conceal players who are camping and their tan coloured uniforms also aids in that of course.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:25am

If soldiers are hard to see on Sinai, then they must be completely invisible on Fao.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:28am

Not really. The shadows on Fao Fortress seem much less dark with the soft lighting. Perhaps it is just due to the greater contrast between areas on Sinai Desert.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:30am

Sinai Desert: Day time lighting, nice and bright, barely any shadows.

Fao Fortress: Evening lighting, fog everywhere, nearly the entire map is in a shadow or blurred.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:33am

Exactly. The areas with shadows on Sinai Desert look a lot darker due to the greater amount of difference in lighting from areas directly under the sunlight, which was what I meant when talking about contrast. For Fao Fortress, the lighting is generally more even across the entire map and your eyes get used it.