Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, November 7th 2016, 12:34pm

I honestly cannot tell if there is negative spread for the Heavy Machine Gun.

Are the tracer fire you see flying out of the barrel an accurate representation visually of the actual outgoing bullets?

it seems that way. Only the first couple of shots seem to be inaccurate though.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 7th 2016, 12:44pm

At least the developers are being consistent with their weapon bullet spread mechanics.

Date of registration
: Nov 2nd 2016

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, November 7th 2016, 1:38pm

I almost never use or think to use the stationary MG's as in the past I've found them to be little more than a death trap. If anyone can remember the HMG's in Bad Company 2 then they'd probably also remember how good, useful even they were, they had a full frontal shields that were impervious to everything except explosives. So DICE can do it, they just.. choose not to.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, November 8th 2016, 2:13am

It is definitely a nice feature, but I feel it is misplaced on a stationary weapon. Since these weapons can't rotate properly, and any type of cover blocks their line of sight completely, what they really need is short bursts of high TTK damage, MG42 style. Slow but consistent fire is useless when enemies can just move cover to cover and the gun damages too slowly to get a kill. I'd rather a quick overheat but high damage output. That way enemies would need to think twice before dashing over open ground in front of an HMG.

I am really not sure who told DICE's programmers that stationary MGs needed to be only marginally better than normal weapons. This is a stupid idea.

Absolutely nailed it. The stationary MGs are pretty terrible right now, the Field Gun is pretty much perfect, and the AA definitely has too much range.

If the MGs are going to be fixed to a specific lane or two, they need the ability to completely shut that lane down to movement. If you want to take out an MG, we already have proper tactics created for exactly that: flank it, blow it up, or use a vehicle. But taking on an MG head on, or worse just being able to run past and ignore it both should not be viable options.

If the Sentries are like "mini-vehicles", surely stationary weapons should be a tier above them.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 8th 2016, 2:24am

can someone remind me if in past battlefield games HMGs used static spread? (it never got either higher nor lower)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 8th 2016, 5:28am

can someone remind me if in past battlefield games HMGs used static spread? (it never got either higher nor lower)

Well in BF4 they have spread increase per shot. Bursting was required at longer ranges. I can't remember BC2, it was too long ago. They certainly felt more accurate back then. I was able to get around 1500 kills with them even with my laggy Australian internet with no dedicated servers. I played exclusively on HC, where they had no aiming reticle, and they were still accurate enough to kill out to pretty much any range. I remember once I hit a guy on Arica Harbour rush when I was on an MG right at he back of the map and he was on the hill sniping near the US conquest base.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, November 8th 2016, 6:25am

Well in BF4 they have spread increase per shot. Bursting was required at longer ranges.

Did that apply to the one mounted at the front of a boat? I remember that being amazing on Flood Zone even when continuously fired.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 8th 2016, 7:28am

I remember once I hit a guy on Arica Harbour rush when I was on an MG right at he back of the map and he was on the hill sniping near the US conquest base.

oh yeah that TOTALLY wasn't me.

no seriously, if i died like that i would remember, although i've seen sometimes people shooting back from the 2nd base with lmgs... i once got countersniped with saiga slugs from 3rd base to mid mountains(though my favorite place was all the way in the back, mid mountains was where i was the most effective, by far)

well anyway, guess that only the gatlings used static spread then? because i never really used th enormal hmg much, but did use a lot of gatlings in bf4(at least the ones on the boats).
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 8th 2016, 1:31pm

I remember once I hit a guy on Arica Harbour rush when I was on an MG right at he back of the map and he was on the hill sniping near the US conquest base.

oh yeah that TOTALLY wasn't me.

no seriously, if i died like that i would remember, although i've seen sometimes people shooting back from the 2nd base with lmgs... i once got countersniped with saiga slugs from 3rd base to mid mountains(though my favorite place was all the way in the back, mid mountains was where i was the most effective, by far)

well anyway, guess that only the gatlings used static spread then? because i never really used th enormal hmg much, but did use a lot of gatlings in bf4(at least the ones on the boats).

The gatlings definitely had spread increase too. They recover quickly but at longer ranges you had to fire in long-ish bursts or it would start firing all around the target. Still, with instant max suppression there wasn't a lot they could do anyway.

btw, I didn't manage to actually kill the guy, only hit him. I was having to fire way up above him and let the bullets fall down onto his head. At that range, even the minuscule spread of the BC2 HMG was significant enough that hits relied on RNG. It was more just funny than anything else, watching hims scuttle off behind a tree.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 8th 2016, 1:33pm

Well in BF4 they have spread increase per shot. Bursting was required at longer ranges.

Did that apply to the one mounted at the front of a boat? I remember that being amazing on Flood Zone even when continuously fired.

I think you're talking about the minigun, not the HMG. Yes, the minigun was amazing. The HMG on the other hand... If it wasn't on a nice MRAP you could really run into problems.

btw, sorry for the double post. I'm still not clear on how to quote multiple people in a single post. I always end up with a formatting mess ;)