Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, November 25th 2016, 12:40am

How you position yourself before a fight is drastically more important than any movement during the fight.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, November 25th 2016, 9:35pm

Shot placement, rate of fire, damage, range, recoil are all factors within a player's control that they can use or control. Spread is not. It's not within your ability to manage on every shot as you would with something like recoil that you can learn how to adjust and keep your shot on point.

In that case, what are your thoughts on the horizontal recoil of guns? Do you think that is too random as well similar to your opinion on bullet spread?

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 11:55am

It is not just firing while stationary, although LMGs completely ignore this rule.

It is one of the most basic rules of PvP: controlling spacing.

Whoever controls the spacing in a fight is in a very advantageous position.

Spread is an intuitive way to achieve this.

I should've elaborated more on the second half of that statement where I mentioned "controlling your movement" as it would've ended along similar lines. You said it perfect though, absolutely agree. Their design philosophy had to cater to the game, and they needed that to make it work.

In that case, what are your thoughts on the horizontal recoil of guns? Do you think that is too random as well similar to your opinion on bullet spread?
Not at all. Not to make any argument pertaining to the realism of the game, but guns in real life don't have strictly vertical recoil. I don't think it's impossible to have a gun's spread be based on the vertical and horizontal recoil, or to a greater degree, and maintain the playability but the system in place does work. It's more readily apparent as to how well you are managing recoil as opposed to spread. Of course, it's not impossible to tell how well you are managing the built in spread and part of that is understanding your engagements to begin with.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 12:39pm

As long as I have to run Medic on Hardcore in order to be able to heal myself, I always gonna have my issues with the gamemode.

Some kind of Self-Healing enables me to act on my own and is crucial for my personal gameplay experience.

I like the other changes, but the lack of self healing annoys me.

I made suggestions for self healing once, but they would need to much effort as they need additional animations and more coding, which isnt going to happen. I thought of the FarCry Syringe type of Self-healing.

however, does anyone else have any ideas which is a compromise between being able to survive on your own and not waiting until health regenerated ?

What if a method like in Halo ? There is a safety gear, which regenerates and your regular health. The safety gear regenerates, your actual health doesnt. In BF1 this could be simulated by having 50 % health regeneration and only a medpack could restore full health.

Hardcore mode always makes me think of gameplay design, although I am bad at it.
still playin' Motorstorm

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,092)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 9:18pm

What if a method like in Halo ? There is a safety gear, which regenerates and your regular health. The safety gear regenerates, your actual health doesnt. In BF1 this could be simulated by having 50 % health regeneration and only a medpack could restore full health.

That is simply two health bars.

And Hardcore isn't supposed to be well thought out.

It was released two months late.

HC fans like to say it was because of "extra care" yet now they are complaining the game mode is not well thought out at all.

That means the more likely explanation is that DICE completely forgot it existed.

Anyone asking for a "balanced HC" should just go play Normal.

Weapons were designed around 100 HP.

Several gadgets like the Spotting Flare are only useable with UI elements present on Normal.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 11:44pm

Not at all. Not to make any argument pertaining to the realism of the game, but guns in real life don't have strictly vertical recoil. I don't think it's impossible to have a gun's spread be based on the vertical and horizontal recoil, or to a greater degree, and maintain the playability but the system in place does work. It's more readily apparent as to how well you are managing recoil as opposed to spread. Of course, it's not impossible to tell how well you are managing the built in spread and part of that is understanding your engagements to begin with.

I suppose a system of no spread but heavy amounts of horizontal recoil could work, but it might be too much sway visually for players to handle.

HC fans like to say it was because of "extra care" yet now they are complaining the game mode is not well thought out at all.

From what I have seen on the official "Battlefield" forums where many people are negative about things, most commenters there have been praising this new Hardcore mode where there is less visual aid and more bullet damage than ever.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 1:47am

I suppose a system of no spread but heavy amounts of horizontal recoil could work, but it might be too much sway visually for players to handle.

Yeah, and that's where I fully understand why the spread mechanic is almost necessary to an extent for Battlefield. The visual obstruction would definitely be a limiting factor if you tried to entirely make up for ditching the spread altogether. What I would like to see in the scenario of heavily reducing the spread would be compensating with a significant drop in the aim assist. I can't speak for the PC version as I'm pretty strictly a console player, so that idea could be meaningless but trust me when I say that the aim assist is far and away the worst I've seen in my BF experience on the console.

As some others have mentioned here, building in the spread helps to separate the guns and their respective classes and I certainly can't disagree with that. Relying only on recoil could be disastrous, so I'm not sure that's the best solution either. All I'm saying is that it would simply be my personal preference if that balance shifted a little bit... and if it greatly scaled back in regards to the aim assist which is infuriating how much it caters to less experienced players.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 4:48am

Do you mean that the aim assist is not working properly or that it helps console players using the controller a bit too much?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 5:16am

Do you mean that the aim assist is not working properly or that it helps console players using the controller a bit too much?
For any console shooter they have to bump it up a bit higher since you really just don't get the accuracy and precision on a controller as you do with the mouse and keyboard. It's crazy how strong it is in BF1. The "snapping" on target aspect isn't too bad, but the "stickiness" of the reticle once it is on a player practically does not leave their body.

For something that is supposed to help players, it's actually detrimental at times. You have to really fight to pull off the target when you are ADS on them. Where this is the biggest issue is when you need to lead a target. You can miss a lot of shots that would otherwise be easy because the reticle gets super slow as it passes onto the enemy so unless you correct with a much more forced movement then you'll always be shooting at where the target is rather than where they will be. It throws me off pretty bad at times with the sniper rifle since it's hard to really get a feel for your aim. It makes your shot awkward instead of fluid.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 5:43am

For any console shooter they have to bump it up a bit higher since you really just don't get the accuracy and precision on a controller as you do with the mouse and keyboard.

I've never understood how this is logical. If we were talking about some using M+K and others using controllers, sure, as a way to even the playing field that makes sense; whether that should be done or not is a different discussion, but it does make sense. But that's not the case. Everyone is using controllers. Everyone is on an even playing field. There's no reason at all to have aim assist.

This argument is like, if there was a hypothetical new device that was even better than M+K, but it couldn't be used on PC, PC players would now need aim assist. Because there's something better out there, even though none of them use it. That's... what?

Quoted

For something that is supposed to help players, it's actually detrimental at times. You have to really fight to pull off the target when you are ADS on them. Where this is the biggest issue is when you need to lead a target. You can miss a lot of shots that would otherwise be easy because the reticle gets super slow as it passes onto the enemy so unless you correct with a much more forced movement then you'll always be shooting at where the target is rather than where they will be. It throws me off pretty bad at times with the sniper rifle since it's hard to really get a feel for your aim. It makes your shot awkward instead of fluid.

Which is exactly why I don't use it.
Who Enjoys, Wins