Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, November 4th 2016, 11:19pm

Going with bullets-only is a fantastic change, and from that brief summary of some of the effects it sounds like it will work very well, pretty much just straight improvements. I'm definitely excited for HC.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, November 5th 2016, 9:28pm

Going with only increasing the damage of bullets especially makes the Impact Grenade and the Mini Grenade less potent than previous iterations of Hardcore, where the regular Frag Grenade becomes a worse choice for players to have.

Date of registration
: Oct 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 7th 2016, 6:33am

Hardcore would be interesting with 100% bullet damage and 100 health. With a lower TTK, nope.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 7th 2016, 6:44am

What you seem to want is Classic mode, but with friendly fire turned on.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, November 7th 2016, 10:15am

Classic mode is gud. I like everything about HC except the silly damage model.

IMO HC, etc has never involved more skill - in fact it trashes a bunch of the meta game that involves not being spotted on the hud, etc.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 7th 2016, 10:20am

Perhaps 2D spotting should have remained for Hardcore, as to allow the Flare Gun gadget and spotting in general to remain useful for a team.

In the end though, just having a faster time to kill has been what many players wanted out of this mode in the first place.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 7th 2016, 4:50pm

Classic mode is gud. I like everything about HC except the silly damage model.

IMO HC, etc has never involved more skill - in fact it trashes a bunch of the meta game that involves not being spotted on the hud, etc.

hardcore is pretty much cinematic mode, it is good only for low count modes, and i mean VERY low count, like, 2v2 is the best for it.
classic mode is where the fun it's at.

@cttb
dunno about bf1, but in bf4 if you used the full map you could use 2d spotting.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Nov 7th 2016

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, November 7th 2016, 6:39pm

I would argue that the faster TTK in HC actually requires to you be a more skillful player in order to be successful at it.

You have to think tactically, move up carefully and position yourself to get the drop on the bad guys first. You also have to be extremely quick to react and accurate.

In normal mode, you can just charge around COD style and spray when you see the enemy. You could argue that because it takes more hits to kill in normal, it requires better accuracy, and that may be true, but you are also in less danger since you're also harder to kill, which encourages a different style of gameplay.

Auto-healing... minimaps, 3D spotting... come on, how can you say the game mode that supports all those features requires more skill? Might as well have auto aiming while you're at it.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, November 7th 2016, 7:18pm

Well, seems like DICE made a good decision. If they would make mirrored friendly fire instead of standard friendly fire(at least as server option) - that would be interesting, at least when some of my friends would insist so much, it won't be so frustrating to play it(damn friendly mines).
I would argue that the faster TTK in HC actually requires to you be a more skillful player in order to be successful at it.

You have to think tactically, move up carefully and position yourself to get the drop on the bad guys first. You also have to be extremely quick to react and accurate.

In normal mode, you can just charge around COD style and spray when you see the enemy. You could argue that because it takes more hits to kill in normal, it requires better accuracy, and that may be true, but you are also in less danger since you're also harder to kill, which encourages a different style of gameplay.

Auto-healing... minimaps, 3D spotting... come on, how can you say the game mode that supports all those features requires more skill? Might as well have auto aiming while you're at it.
Recoil control? Burst length control? Since everything kills faster - these skills become less significant.
Also, on normal mode you can't reamain hidden for long: your victim sees where you killed him and next time you will have a grenade in your hiding spot, plus 3D-spotting, flare gun, kill cam etc. So you HAVE to play more agressive, contantly change positions and watch for minimap.
I played two rounds on HC in bf3 and 1 round in bf4, because my low-skilled friend was insisting so much for it. In bf3 I died 4 times on friendly claymores and in bf4 I was sitting in armored jeep for while, then was kicked "because of cheating".

As Marbleduck mentioned in his video - response time is only a part of thing called "skill". So if you play bad on normal and play good on HC - It doesn't mean that HC for skilled, It means that you have some bad skills, which you can compensate in HC. Look at games like Rising Storm/Red Orchestra and Insurgency - these games are perfectly "Hardcore": mag counter, check mag weight, class limit etc.

P.S. I personally see everyone who dislikes 3D-spotting, kill cam and minimap(in arcade shooters like BF, of course) as a 24\7 prone position corner camper, who can be easily "searched and destroyed" at normal mode, but pretty hard to detect in HC.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Nov 7th 2016

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, November 7th 2016, 7:36pm

In BF3 and BF4, I played maybe a dozen rounds of Normal mode, the rest was always hardcore. I dislike the 3D spotting, minimap, and auto healing, and also the lack of FF means people just spray without worrying about hitting friendlies.

I won't make too strong an argument about which mode requires more skill, because it's largely just opinion vs. opinion, but I can say that every time I play a round of Normal I feel it's so much easier to dominate the gunplay just from having constant reticle. Having no reticle in HC definitely gave me better accuracy, it improved my natural aim.

I understand it's largely a matter of preference, there really shouldn't be too much discussion about which is "better" or "more skillful". I prefer HC and I can't wait to see it in BF1.

I never played Classic much in BF4, perhaps that would have been even better, but I know I generally dislike the Normal mode features because of the advantages I feel they give other players. The constant reticle and 3D spotting means people with terrible aim or terrible situational awareness can aim more easily at me and can see the dorito over my head when they've done nothing to earn it, like after I've been spotted by a sniper 300 yards away, the blind medic 20 yards from me gets to see my dorito. That bothers me.

I would save if you have bad aim, or bad situational awareness, the reticle, minimap, and 3D spotting make up for that in Normal mode.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "dopestar667" (Nov 7th 2016, 7:56pm)