Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Want2playzombies" has been banned
  • "Want2playzombies" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 26th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 6:20pm

Possible rebalance that makes the long reload revolvers worth using over the auto revolver for skilled players.

Revolvers cant head shot and that drives me mad but i think if some of the long reload ones could then a skilled player would have reason to use it over others.

Its silly you cant OHK with a revolver in very close range the only reason i see that they made it that way is the already fastest TTK potential and the fact shotguns can OHK and they are doing rock paper scissors over rewarding skilled technique.

If soem of the long reload ones could OHK with a head shot it would make combat more interesting and its annoying getting head shots on people with revolver and not getting that kill.

This was never a problem in BF4.....

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 6:23pm

they are doing rock paper scissors over rewarding skilled technique.

since like, forever, how did you not know?

and yes, it AS A PROBLEM, it was absurdly overused in bf3 and the deagle is known to be op(even with the terrible accuracy and range, the deagle's killing potential is just so high that it makes no sense to use nything else, except maybe the g18 or hbarrel magnum) in bf4, that's a problem.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 6:34pm

and yes, it AS A PROBLEM
So what was the problem because i have way more time in BF and 90% of it in locker and this was never a problem.

If i did get OHK y revovler i got outplayed by the other guys technical skill, G18 was the only sidearm to use on locker , Magum scope + HB was ok for countersnipng and OHK C stairs campers from snow but the range was terrible for OHK!.

It was a skill cannon and good players would use it in scrims but now in BF4 its not so good and G18 outperforms,,,,

Do you not think a technically skilled player should win from skill?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 8:15pm

No. I'm not against buffing them a little, but OHKs should definitely not happen. They're already 2HK with respectable RoFs and good accuracy/hipfire, there isn't much to improve here. Any buffs would have to be a bit more nuanced than this suggestion.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 8:40pm

The shotgun 1HK is inconsistent because that reticle is so terribad. I don't know why they gave both shotguns and tank cannister that terrible ret.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 8:43pm

No. I'm not against buffing them a little, but OHKs should definitely not happen. They're already 2HK with respectable RoFs and good accuracy/hipfire, there isn't much to improve here. Any buffs would have to be a bit more nuanced than this suggestion.

How about a muzzle velocity buff? I could modify an airsoft gun to shoot faster than those revolvers... not saying they should be good at long range, but i'd like to be able to at least reliably hit my enemies at close-mid range, as of now, some revolves reach the ground before their minimum damage(afaik)
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 8:53pm

How about a muzzle velocity buff? I could modify an airsoft gun to shoot faster than those revolvers... not saying they should be good at long range, but i'd like to be able to at least reliably hit my enemies at close-mid range, as of now, some revolves reach the ground before their minimum damage(afaik)

That would be good, and possibly a min damage buff too. They don't need to be pocket Sniper Rifles, but they're barely more ranged than Shotguns right now, on top of the very long reloads and already being harder to use than Semi Pistols.

Sure they're good very, very close and as an emergency single-use (because reloading in any sort of fight simply will not happen) backup, but there's just too much against them in every other way and situation that they're not really that appealing to pick over the standard or fast-firing Semi Pistols.

If I want that sort of high-damage-very-close sidearm I'd just use the M1911.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 9:09pm

That would be good, and possibly a min damage buff too. They don't need to be pocket Sniper Rifles, but they're barely more ranged than Shotguns right now, on top of the very long reloads and already being harder to use than Semi Pistols.

Sure they're good very, very close and as an emergency single-use (because reloading in any sort of fight simply will not happen) backup, but there's just too much against them in every other way and situation that they're not really that appealing to pick over the standard or fast-firing Semi Pistols.

If I want that sort of high-damage-very-close sidearm I'd just use the M1911.
Yeah thats why you add OHK head shot and let skilled players be skilled.....

Unlike BF4 minimum damage is shot, reload is shit and spread is shit.

People getting head shot OHKs with magnum or deagle in BF4 wasnt an issue and it actually took skill really dont see your problem.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 9:15pm

I think you're also missing the point that ttk in bf1 is on average a lot lower, you're putting a 1 shot cannon in the hands of every player when primaries(without considering shotguns and basr) have an average ttk of 400 to 500 ms.

Even in bf4 it was considered too much by the devs because oeople were using magnum caliber handguns as primaries, so they had to drastically reduce the total ammo count for them(which still wasn't enough considering support can resupply with ammo crates/pouches)
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 9:22pm

I think you're also missing the point that ttk in bf1 is on average a lot lower, you're putting a 1 shot cannon in the hands of every player when primaries(without considering shotguns and basr) have an average ttk of 400 to 500 ms.

Even in bf4 it was considered too much by the devs because oeople were using magnum caliber handguns as primaries, so they had to drastically reduce the total ammo count for them(which still wasn't enough considering support can resupply with ammo crates/pouches)
Its a skill cannon, only good players will be rewarded.

DICE nerfed the OHK range of the magnum so much there was no reason to use it so im sorry but your very misinformed.

everyone can pick the revolver if they want i dont see the issue plus you are imagining the balance around Relaa level skilled players and even then theres no probelm.

Are you forgeting this gives people a reason to use the really slow reload revolver over the fast reload one? thats balanced because noobies will all use the quick reload one as they lack skills to be effective with head shot OHK.