Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 10:45pm

No, I think he was talking about this:

For example with the Unica and Rpg, you could see their loaded ammo count increase before the reload animation actually ended. Quickly de-equipping and re-equipping them at that point cancels the rest of the animation, and nets you a gun that's ready earlier than it's animation indicates.

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

• "gamer" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 1st 2016

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 10:53pm

One is called "decouple aiming from movement" or something like that. It makes your point of aim move when the vehicle moves, so unless you are telepathic and know exactly what your driver is going to do, you won't be able to hit anything. The other is called "aim relative control" or something like that. It turns the driving into something akin to halo. It is bad.
So "decouple aiming from movement" should be turned ON and "aim relative control" turned Off ?

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 10:55pm

For example with the Unica and Rpg, you could see their loaded ammo count increase before the reload animation actually ended. Quickly de-equipping and re-equipping them at that point cancels the rest of the animation, and nets you a gun that's ready earlier than it's animation indicates.

Oh I see. I think I have noticed some small time difference with the animation before. Thanks!

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 11:11pm

So "decouple aiming from movement" should be turned ON and "aim relative control" turned Off ?

Yes.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Oct 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, November 4th 2016, 12:16pm

In short, it makes sensitivity consistent across all zoom levels. Why it's even an option (and for the love of god, why are the individual sliders options!?), I have no idea.

For it to work correctly, you have to make sure all of the UsA sliders in the Advanced section are at their default 100%. Never ever change these. They shouldn't even be accessible to the user.

The other thing is to set the Coefficient. It should match your TV/Monitor's aspect ratio. For most people that's 16/9, which is 178%. If you have a different aspect ratio, it's as simple as doing the ratio as division (16 / 9 = 1.7777777, so 178%). This controls the "curve" of the consistency, so if it's too high or too low for your screen, your sensitivities will feel like they're getting slower or faster as you zoom in more and more.

The entire Advanced section should just be removed, with UsA enabled permanently, and the "Coefficient", "Vehicle Aim Relative Control", and "Decouple Aiming From Turing" settings kept and moved to the other two sections.

The other thing is to set the Coefficient. It should match your TV/Monitor's aspect ratio. For most people that's 16/9, which is 178%. If you have a different aspect ratio, it's as simple as doing the ratio as division (16 / 9 = 1.7777777, so 178%). This controls the "curve" of the consistency, so if it's too high or too low for your screen, your sensitivities will feel like they're getting slower or faster as you zoom in more and more.

Can't set the coefficient to 178%. It slides 177 or 179. So what's up with that?

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, November 4th 2016, 2:42pm

Can't set the coefficient to 178%. It slides 177 or 179. So what's up with that?

SOP for BF UI. Try moving the slider all the way to maximum and then back down to set it, or all the way to minimum and setting it.
Failing that, you can set it in the config file to 6 decimal places.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, November 4th 2016, 4:14pm

you can also use a controller or the arrows on your keyboard to move the sliders one tick at a time.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Saturday, November 5th 2016, 9:53am

I play on PS4, and since day 1 I felt like there was something slightly off about the aiming mechanics in this game as well. This might be limited to the console experience, but the aiming doesn't feel the same as Hardline. It doesn't feel smooth to me, almost a little sluggish or something like there's a dead zone on the right stick. I've raised my sensitivity to try to overcome this but it's still there.

It's not my controller, I know that because I've tried multiple and it's still there. I was thinking about tinkering with the individual zoom settings, but I'm worried I'll never make it back once I head down that rabbit hole haha. I may try shutting off the universal aim and seeing if that helps. My apologies for the rant, I noticed this back in the Beta and I've been losing my mind about it since then.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, November 5th 2016, 12:55pm

I play on PS4, and since day 1 I felt like there was something slightly off about the aiming mechanics in this game as well. This might be limited to the console experience, but the aiming doesn't feel the same as Hardline. It doesn't feel smooth to me, almost a little sluggish or something like there's a dead zone on the right stick. I've raised my sensitivity to try to overcome this but it's still there.

It's not my controller, I know that because I've tried multiple and it's still there. I was thinking about tinkering with the individual zoom settings, but I'm worried I'll never make it back once I head down that rabbit hole haha. I may try shutting off the universal aim and seeing if that helps. My apologies for the rant, I noticed this back in the Beta and I've been losing my mind about it since then.

you would be right in saying there's a deadzone(pretty much every fps has it) however that's not the problem, what it actually feels like to me is that both the progressive(over time) and incremental(dependant on stick angle) accellerations are not constant, but either set to work faster/slower at the first movements or are simply inconsistent when they change values.

can't really put into the right words at the moment, got like 5 hours of sleep between my dogs and my parents working in the house.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Saturday, November 5th 2016, 5:59pm

you would be right in saying there's a deadzone(pretty much every fps has it) however that's not the problem, what it actually feels like to me is that both the progressive(over time) and incremental(dependant on stick angle) accellerations are not constant, but either set to work faster/slower at the first movements or are simply inconsistent when they change values.

can't really put into the right words at the moment, got like 5 hours of sleep between my dogs and my parents working in the house.
No problem, I completely understand what you're saying. Been playing FPS for quite a while and I've seen the range of philosophy on how best to implement the reticle acceleration (I'm sure there's a better term). From my experience (although I'm sure it gets a lot more technical), the determining factor seems to lie in how much acceleration you have on the sticks (sorry, I haven't done much PC shooting so I gotta go with what I know here). Does it gradually build to a max turning velocity (as the analog stick approaches the outer edge) or do you make that acceleration larger so you hit that max velocity sooner and provide the perception of a more balanced response, albeit at the cost of having a slight dead zone. Please feel free to chime in if I am horribly wrong in that assessment. Overwatch had a patch not long ago and they actually now offer 2 different aiming mechanisms, so to speak, for players to choose from.

I guess what's really baffling me is why they would overhaul that for the Battlefield series.They very well may have changed it with implementing much different classes of guns, but I don't know. Then again, they did the same thing between Halo 2 and Halo 3. What I'm also wondering is if it simply became more apparent with the relative decrease in character speed/mobility.

The idea struck me earlier to try upping the FOV and seeing if that helps at all. I've never messed with it in past games, but I've seen what the effect is and thought it might be worth a go.