Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "gamer" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 1st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 2:49am

Why do I perform better with Universal Soldier Aiming turned off ?

I am on the xbox 1 . When I first started playing the game, I could not get used to the aiming mechanics . Something felt off. I played around with different sensitivities and nothing felt perfect or comfortable. I then turned off Universal Soldier Aiming and noticed an improvement and now have gotten used to the aiming mechanics .

My sensitivities are adjusted to my preferences . All the individual sensitivities for specific zoom level in the Advanced section under controls is set to match my soldier zoom sensitivity which is 60%. My movement ( hip-fire ) sensitivity is set to 80%. I increase the sensitivities by 1% every few days, so I can slowly get used to higher sensitivities . It is working out well for me so far.

But I don't understand why turning of USA would help ? I thought it helped with aiming/muscle memory and it is recommend to keep it ON. Anywhere on the internet I have read about USA, people say to keep it ON.

Can someone please explain ?

Cheers.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 3:04am

In short, it makes sensitivity consistent across all zoom levels. Why it's even an option (and for the love of god, why are the individual sliders options!?), I have no idea.

For it to work correctly, you have to make sure all of the UsA sliders in the Advanced section are at their default 100%. Never ever change these. They shouldn't even be accessible to the user.

The other thing is to set the Coefficient. It should match your TV/Monitor's aspect ratio. For most people that's 16/9, which is 178%. If you have a different aspect ratio, it's as simple as doing the ratio as division (16 / 9 = 1.7777777, so 178%). This controls the "curve" of the consistency, so if it's too high or too low for your screen, your sensitivities will feel like they're getting slower or faster as you zoom in more and more.

The entire Advanced section should just be removed, with UsA enabled permanently, and the "Coefficient", "Vehicle Aim Relative Control", and "Decouple Aiming From Turing" settings kept and moved to the other two sections.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 3:29am

but... i use the individual sliders in a tleast 3 different ways... i feel like it is more precise than just using general zoom sensitivty change.

anyway that's odd, when playing the allpha and beta, both times using a controller felt better with usa, and even in the final release, although for some weird reason it feels worse than beta and alpha, it still feels better than with usa off, then again, i play since the days of bad company 2, and it seems controller aiming nowadays isn't as "raw" like back then, so that might be it for me(had this problem with tf2 alpha as well) .
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 3:35am

Quoted

The other thing is to set the Coefficient. It should match your TV/Monitor's aspect ratio. For most people that's 16/9, which is 178%. If you have a different aspect ratio, it's as simple as doing the ratio as division (16 / 9 = 1.7777777, so 178%). This controls the "curve" of the consistency, so if it's too high or too low for your screen, your sensitivities will feel like they're getting slower or faster as you zoom in more and more.
According to this linkthe Coefficient should be 133% . I don't understand the technical details of it and decided to keep it at 133% even though my monitor is 16:9 . Maybe that's why when USA is turned ON, I was having difficulties ? Is USA linked to Coefficient in any way ?

Can I set the Coefficient to 178% and keep USA turned off ? Or should I turn USA ON, set the Coefficient to 178% and set all the USA sliders to 100% for best results ?

I also set my FOV to 90 as I play on a 27inch monitor . Does that have any effect on USA or the Coefficient ?

For it to work correctly, you have to make sure all of the UsA sliders in the Advanced section are at their default 100%. Never ever change these. They shouldn't even be accessible to the user.
Do I also need to set the main soldier zoom (ads) sensitivity and movement (hip fire) sensitivity to 100% ? Or can those be something I am comfortable with ?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "gamer" (Nov 1st 2016, 3:46am)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 4:21am

I actually like being able to slow down the higher magnification scopes. I just slightly reduce the sensitivity as the magnification increases. Otherwise i can't hit a damn thing with a sniper rifle. I still don't think I have it just right yet. I just love that this game let us change all the different vehicle/ turret sensitivities. BF4 really needed that option. I still don't know who in their right mind would turn on the movement based vehicle aim. "oh I'm lining up a shot, the driver turns, now I'm looking somewhere else". Bloody useless option that one. Same goes for the one that makes your tank turn wherever you're aiming. What's the point of having a rotating turret if I can't use it?

Date of registration

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 4:27am

I still don't know who in their right mind would turn on the movement based vehicle aim. "oh I'm lining up a shot, the driver turns, now I'm looking somewhere else". Bloody useless option that one. Same goes for the one that makes your tank turn wherever you're aiming. What's the point of having a rotating turret if I can't use it?
What is the name of the 2 settings that you are referring to ? Should they both be turned off ?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 4:44am

According to this linkthe Coefficient should be 133% . I don't understand the technical details of it and decided to keep it at 133% even though my monitor is 16:9 . Maybe that's why when USA is turned ON, I was having difficulties ? Is USA linked to Coefficient in any way ?

Can I set the Coefficient to 178% and keep USA turned off ? Or should I turn USA ON, set the Coefficient to 178% and set all the USA sliders to 100% for best results ?

I also set my FOV to 90 as I play on a 27inch monitor . Does that have any effect on USA or the Coefficient ?

Dark (who created the system) is recommending 133% simply because he's 100% sure it works properly, but there's not actual reason the rest of the values shouldn't work. The system was built around 4:3 because it's the smallest "standard" ratio (others get wider from there) and because other games with similar systems also use 4:3 as a base. He's being a bit conservative in his recommendations, basically.

Turning off UsA should disable the Coefficient setting, so that shouldn't matter.

No, as the entire point of UsA is to make all FoVs (zoom levels are just different FoVs) uniform. Your aspect ratio is all that matters.

Quoted

Do I also need to set the main soldier zoom (ads) sensitivity and movement (hip fire) sensitivity to 100% ? Or can those be something I am comfortable with ?

No, only the Advanced section matters for UsA. You're free to set your normal three Soldier, Vehicle, and Zoom sensitivity sliders to whatever you want.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 5:18am

huh.
i have set the coefficient to 95% with zoom 1 to 1.50 at 97% 2 to 6 at 94% and 8 and 10 at 90%, it feels good/perfect up till 2.5-3, and acceptable up to 5, but i'm not sure about the rest... should i leave the values like this and change the coefficient till i feel satisfied with everything or what else?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 6:24am

I still don't know who in their right mind would turn on the movement based vehicle aim. "oh I'm lining up a shot, the driver turns, now I'm looking somewhere else". Bloody useless option that one. Same goes for the one that makes your tank turn wherever you're aiming. What's the point of having a rotating turret if I can't use it?
What is the name of the 2 settings that you are referring to ? Should they both be turned off ?

One is called "decouple aiming from movement" or something like that. It makes your point of aim move when the vehicle moves, so unless you are telepathic and know exactly what your driver is going to do, you won't be able to hit anything. The other is called "aim relative control" or something like that. It turns the driving into something akin to halo. It is bad.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 6:24am

huh.
i have set the coefficient to 95% with zoom 1 to 1.50 at 97% 2 to 6 at 94% and 8 and 10 at 90%, it feels good/perfect up till 2.5-3, and acceptable up to 5, but i'm not sure about the rest... should i leave the values like this and change the coefficient till i feel satisfied with everything or what else?

Two things. If something works for you, that's all that really matters. It's like how, as DICE LA's weapons guy once talked about, if you reload a gun a certain way, keep doing it that way. If it works best for you and is what you muscle memory is used to, stick with it, even if it's not "the most ideal/practical". I'd say the same is true for, say, picking your weapons.

Second thing is, it takes a long time to readjust to senstivity changes, because you have to relearn the muscle memory. It takes hours and hours of playtime to get there, so you really have to commit to doing it or not.

If it were me, I'd change to try it, but really it's up to you.

Decouple Aim From Turning is not like Halo (being a Halo player myself), and personally I enable it. It gives you far more control over your vehicle.
Who Enjoys, Wins