Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,312)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, November 4th 2016, 1:19am

From Outdoor Operation Metro to Operation Locker With Two Side Flanks. Okay.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "ChineseToTheBone" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, November 4th 2016, 1:25am

I thought you were mostly a fan of Operation Locker. Flanking on that map worked better than any iteration of Operation Metro.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,312)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 4th 2016, 2:04am

Just because it is the only map my brother and I can play together on because of lol 3rd party banlists does not mean I enjoy it.

Do you think someone would enjoy eating the same meal every day of their life for the rest of their life? I sure wouldn't.
Data Browser

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 4th 2016, 2:11am

Oh, I see. Then it was quite unfortunate. However, for an infantry only map, Operation Locker was very well designed.

Were there literally no other server with any other map you could have played on? Surely official "Battlefield 4" servers were not as strict with bans.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,312)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 4th 2016, 2:59am

Official servers had a plague called Game Time hackers that my brother did not want to play on.

Thanks to 3rd party banlists, the number of servers he could play on could be counted on one hand.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 4th 2016, 3:05am

Seeing how it is already November, the late December release for Giant's Shadow does not seem far away at all now that I think about it. Outside of Sinai Desert, my favourite maps currently are of the battles taking place on the Western Front. Hopefully it can match up to the quality of Amiens and Ballroom Blitz.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, November 4th 2016, 5:09am

Looks like they are going to "un-suck" Suez and it might turn into an actually decent map. Full size with 5 flags and a total of 2 armor:

Battlefield 1: Hardcover Servers, Map Changes, and New Custom Game Coming - GameSpot

Hardcore is elite? *Snort!*

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 4th 2016, 8:30am

Not about that article, but many people seem to be unaware of how Fog of War will limit players to solely using their sidearms and melee weapons. I had no doubt this would cause confusion, since very little information was released about the mode in general and I only know about those limits due to a leak by a Turkish YouTube gamer. In any case, I feel people will be disappointed once the game mode does arrive, since so many wanted to use single action rifles for it.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,400)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, November 4th 2016, 11:57am

As for infantry maps, I would count Suez and Argonne, I still think that Locker and Metro both work better, than the iterations. Now Suez obviously is getting tweaked, the general map design will not get changed though. the sloped terrain is indeed a problem.

That said, Metro and Locker only work with less than 32 players. I never had issues with flanking on both maps, but with 64 players on Argonne I can just as well join the meatgrinder alleys before I spend more than a minute to flank around, just to find myself greeted by five guys in another lane.

As for the custom games, I like how they want to add a variety of game styles, but less visibility and more visual mumbo-jumbo is not what the game needs. The game plays out chaotic as of now, I do not know what niche is going to be filled here.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 6th 2016, 12:11am

As for the custom games, I like how they want to add a variety of game styles, but less visibility and more visual mumbo-jumbo is not what the game needs. The game plays out chaotic as of now, I do not know what niche is going to be filled here.

The differences between the uniforms of the two opposing factions on each map tend to be very distinct, so I suspect having no spotting or nametags appearing in the cover of the fog could actually end up working quite well.