Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ChineseToTheBone" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 2:00am

The Current Maps in "Battlefield 1"

Prior to the Open Beta, I heard that Sinai Desert was in fact going to be one of the largest maps in "Battlefield" history. That was difficult to believe initially until I saw this image comparing its size to that of Silk Road’s.

As for the sizes of the rest of the maps, it seems that the order from the smallest to the largest as far as I can tell is:
Argonne Forest < Suez < Amiens < Ballroom Blitz < Monte Grappa < St. Quentin Scar < Fao Fortress < Empire’s Edge < Sinai Desert

Here is the current map rotation for the official DICE servers.
  1. St. Quentin Scar – Airship L30
  2. Suez – Armoured Train
  3. Monte Grappa – Airship L30
  4. Amiens – Armoured Train
  5. Fao Fortress – Dreadnought
  6. Ballroom Blitz – Airship L30
  7. Empire's Edge – Dreadnought
  8. Argonne Forest – Armoured Train
  9. Sinai Desert – Armoured Train
I think that this is a very good order for the nine maps we have available currently, as there is never two of the smaller maps in a row and just one instance of the same Behemoth appearing back to back. I suppose Giant's Shadow will end up following Sinai Desert in the official rotation once it is added in December, which could be an unfortunate position since the map’s Behemoth is also rumoured to be the Armoured Train. Nevertheless, this hopefully will not matter much soon, as custom servers will be arriving very soon in the future. Suez not being included on a 64 player Conquest server would be great, though I do enjoy it a lot for smaller game modes such as Domination.

So now that it has been ten days since the release of “Battlefield 1”, what are some of your thoughts on the nine maps? Which one happens to be your favourite? There is a poll on the official “Battlefield” forums if you are interested in casting your vote and seeing other people’s opinions by the way.

This is my 600th post here on Symthic thus far. Here is to 600 more in the weeks to come. Lastly, happy Halloween!

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 2:45am

My overall experience with the maps so far is that while they are are visually beautiful, nothing really polarizes me in terms of loving or hating the resulting gameplay like the map rotations from previous titles. There isn't a map I just want to play over and over again unlike in previous titles, which is both good and bad.

I really dislike Suez because it's a linear grinder with a high chance of one team getting irrecoverably pushed back to the uncap because of an unlucky early push. But it's not anywhere near as bad on high server pops as metro or lockers. Argonne is probably the best infantry grinder map they've released since BC2.

Amiens is a wonderful urban grinder, glad to see a nice successor to Seine. St. Quentin's scar is likely my favorite right now though. I like the combination of fortified high grounds plus urban center.

Silk Road is a tremendously better/more varied map than Sinai. Big isn't better. Its size is only useful for aircraft. Tanks won't even go there because there is no tactical advantage to be gained.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 3:36am

i played mostly operations, but i did a decent amount of play on domination and conquest, and also tried rush and pigeon whatever-the-name-was and if i were to make a list, it'd be like this: (preferred on top most hated on bottom)

1:scar
2:amiens
3:ballroom blitz
4:empire's edge
5:suez(for anything that isn't conquest)
6:fao fortress
7:argonne(mainly for rush, not sure about operations, not much for else)
8: sinai

and actually maybe not the worst: monte grappa, because i played it like, twice on anything that wasn't domination, and even on domination i didn't play it more than 4 times(which is 30 minutes at best) but i still didn't like it ain any particular way)

oh and about if i like to play a map in particular... i made scar my go-to map for test both visual and audio and to test weapons, and whenever i don't actually choose a map to play but still go on and play the game like on operations or in a quick match, i always hope amiens comes out, it's my favorite map visually and i like a lot how it plays(imho 100 times better than argonne as an infantry map, as there's only a couple tanks that don't have much power, but they are there, and there is a lot of infantry fight while there is still a decent amount of space to move)

ballroom blitz i feel like for both amien and scar, but less in both terms, it's good but it has some visible flaws(specifically the train flag and in operations the second base)

everything else goes from decent to utter crap(although i have to admit i didn't try sinai on domination or pigeons, and argonne isn't bad at all on rush)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Nov 1st 2016, 3:43am)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 2:08pm

Overall the maps are pretty solid (barring Suez which is a worse meatgrinder than lockers, despite being set outdoors, which is a bit of an achievement). I also echo tankmayvin's sentiment about none of the maps being really polarizing. Except Suez, they are all good maps, but none of them stick out in a drastic manner.

That said, I do not understand why so many of the maps are designed like giant soup bowls, with the flags in the center and cliffs/high ground all around where snipers can sit all day and take potshots at everyone that tries to PTFO. Grappa, Fao, Sinai and (to a degree) St. Quentin & Suez follow this format.

Out of all the maps, St. Quentin is my favorite. It's got good pathing and pretty varied lengths of the sight lines, it's a good mix between urban and open.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 2:57pm

While I agree that I do not particulary like any map in a way I preferred my favourite maps of BF3 and 4, I also have to agree that I do not hate BF1 maps as much as Silk Road or Dragon Valley, which I found stupidly large. However the overall quality of map design clearly declined over the course of the last three games.

I like urban settings with thought out pathings and a medium range and medium size focus. Zavod, Seine, Caspian, Talah, Azadi, Epicenter, Markaz. Combined Arms preferred or infantry focus. While I think the general vehicle count is not too bad compared to the "let's put 10 vehicles in base and another 5 as flag asset" approach of BF4, the maps focus too much on point blank and long range. While cover from above is not that much of an issue with the limited vehicles, cover from flag to another is again scarce. Also in urban settings curves are missing since BF4.

If I had to put them in order, I do "like" (as in I do not mind) playing Quentin, Amiens, Argonne, Sinai and Ballroom. I am sighing when I have to play the rest though. Generally it is a shame that there is no map that suits my likes fully.

Interestingly compared to BF4 many maps do not feel to crowded with 64 people, which is due to multi-man vehicles mostly.

• "Want2playzombies" has been banned

Date of registration
: Oct 26th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 5:52pm

Have too say that agonne is terrible because too much leaking, it plays more like a vehicle map but it is meant to be infantry.

They try to say all the flank routes are great but in reality it doesnt even matter because most the time people are spread so thing flanks are never rewarding.

This is a map where the Behemoth maybe shouldnt be in, The map should be more of a push up with a few flank routes to clear the infantry so you can push further but thats not how the map plays out as there is so much unnecessary areas.

People who say this is the next locker obviously dont know why locker was good.....

SUEZ.
cant for the life of me figure out why this map has tanks, the map would have been better without tanks and behemoth also a slight redesign would be great. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet see here <<<<<

Instead of having A and C as building area and B as the open area you have B as the yrban area and A and C have a whole bunch of trench's, also maybe have a tunnel that goes from Base to B.

No vehicles pure infantry map with some actual trench fighting because we have none at all except some operations on St quin.

=====================

On TDM they need to remove ladders on ballroom blitz as well as pickups and this goes for all infantry modes (pick ups banned),

SOme of the TDM maps are pure camping and i dont know if higher player count will make it feel less campy.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 8:12pm

I love all the maps but Suez. What I'd like to see (at least tried) on Suez is ~5 Light Jeeps and ~3 Horses per team, enabling a ton of rapid mobility and infantry harassment all over the map, but not requiring heavy AT to deal with it.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 8:35pm

Really nobody likes Suez.....I mean I'm not surprised its reviled, but It's strange that after more or less 15 years of map design experience they can still churn out such a dud.

Suez has a tank because it follows the template of "infantry focused but combined arms" established with a variety of map types going well back to BFV.

The issue is not the tank, it's the map layout: the entire map is on a slope oriented along the axis of the flags. Then there is a central ridge that runs through the B flag. Whoever takes that ridge can just pour fire as the opposing team tries to leave their village.

Because the whole map is tilted on a slope you are exposed trying to infiltrate along both the high ridge and the low railway tracks.

Two jeeps per side and a meaningful respawn rate on the jeeps would help tremendously.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 8:38pm

Two jeeps per side and a meaningful respawn rate on the jeeps would help tremendously.

Five. Five jeeps.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 8:41pm

Five. Five jeeps.

That would be a destruction derby :P