Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 10:28am

The one thing I do know it does is set a bad guy ablaze. I tried to shovel a guy in the back and I hit the wrong button and it lit him up like a christmas tree. Good times.

Just wait until you get your first kill with the Flare Gun. Haha.
That is a really useful property of the flare gun which I use a ton. Not only can you spot enemies in choke points , you can also get area denial and an indicator if someone passes the flare. Probably why not set the guy who escaped behind cover with 20 health on fire? The utility of the flare gun is exceptional, especially given the relative scarcity of spotting in the game.

The only downside is the tendency to set yourself on fire and (sometimes) the aoe of the fire-effect , which is bigger than you expect. This often cuts of your path in the same way it cuts off the enemies' when used for area denial.
The two ammo count is a bit of a downer though.....

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,335)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 10:32am

I have to agree with flare gun (spot) being a very useful gadget. The spotting alone helps you to asses the situation (like motion sensor balls in BF4), grants you bit points and works as a area of denial in doorways and such. At the very least being on fire distracts enemies and notifies you somebody crossed the flare.

The two ammo count is a bit of a downer though.....

Indeed you run out of ammo fast. However a single ammo pouch restores both flares and ammo crate restores the flares somewhat quickly.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 12:31pm

yup, flares i'd say are probably the best gadget for the scout class hands down, yes, even better than binoculars and k bullets(although k bullets are a must if you use the pedersen device, btw protip: if you need to swithch to k bullets fast with that one, change to your secondary and then directly for the k-bullets, this will skip the convertion process animation, it works only when the k bullets are "in the chamber" though(if you fire and then do it, you will still have to reload)
one thing i want to know about though is: the flash flare, how does it work? i remember in the beta it was quite the flash, basically a sun on the ground, but it doesn't seem to be the case in the release version, however i tried it only in outdoor environments, does it have enironment multipliers to the flash effect?

p.s.: unrelated, but i'd like a weapon like the m320fb, so i was looking at the flare guns and the grenade launchers variants, what are the amount of damage they do to people with direct hits? (i unfortunately already know smoke grenades do approximately 0 damage)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 10:00pm

Thanks for the tip regarding K Bullets for the M1903 Experimental!

p.s.: unrelated, but i'd like a weapon like the m320fb, so i was looking at the flare guns and the grenade launchers variants, what are the amount of damage they do to people with direct hits? (i unfortunately already know smoke grenades do approximately 0 damage)

I have been using the Flare Gun a lot, and each directly lit enemy soldier is inflicted about 20 damage consistently.

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, December 25th 2017, 6:21pm

How far flare can fly? 150m?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,335)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, December 25th 2017, 8:27pm

@frimincoffee

Please do not reply to threads that have been inactive for more than few months, let alone a year. See the rules.

You can ask your question on the quick questions section.

Thread closed.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included