Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "CaptaPraelium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, October 31st 2016, 5:51am

The Big Oops List

While I thnk we can all agree that BF1 simply oozes potential, there are major issues outstanding which are sufficiently severe as to either deter puchase or demand refunds. As the DICE forums will be locked soon, I thought it best to document them here. Full disclaimer - I have not personally experienced these things as I do not own the game, but I have confirmed them by many reports, video, witnessing by watching friends play every night, etc.

This is not intended to be an exhaustive detailed bug tracker - there is already a website for that -
Nor is it a place for issues such as balance which are not 'game breaking' in some manner or for some players -
Nor is it a place for rare one-off problems, these are all widespread -
Nor is it a place to vent whatever feelings we may have on these or other issues. I don't want this to be a raging ranting mess -

- but is intended as a place where people can occasionally visit to quickly check on the status of issues which are preventing them from playing normally. In other words, I'm doing this so that other people don't have to sift through pages of forum posts here and on BL, and twitter and facebook and patch notes and bftracker and wherever else information is coming from. Just come here... "Is it fixed?"... Yes/No... Done.

I will edit this post and, as appropriate, add "FIXED" to entries and link to any information. If you feel anything should be added/removed, or if there's a specific issue you'd like me to keep tabs on for you, let me know. Please keep in mind that this is an evolving process and is subject to change.

Controls
'Random' complete loss of mouse and/or keyboard input
Mousewheel bindings ignored/overridden (old binding still works after changing it)
Keybindings bindings ignored/overridden
Controller bindings ignored/overridden See A FIX: for Xbox controller key binding bug for PC ? Battlefield Forums This confirms my suspicion that this is BF4's hidden bindings issue (*.3.*) back again (eg tank freelook on controller). Probably all of these binding issues with all devices can be fixed in a similar manner
Plane and cavalry bindings shared
Joystick support limited to xbox controller - DICE are "working on it" https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/788260953691422720
Invite popup blocks controls
Sensitivity problems (sluggish, low on console, See Post 22
Sensitivity problems ('jerky' mouse on PC - possibly a performance issue (reports coincide with frame drops, CPU bottlenecks, etc))
Loss of controls related to revives and entering/exiting vehicles or gas mask
Aim assist cannot be disabled (Not sure if this is on console, but is on PC)
No L1/R1/L2/R2 swap
Toggle ADS fails to ADS after sprinting
Weapons fail to fire - Certainly related to grenade throwing, possibly other issues also
Gasmask applied without pressing gasmask button (PS4)
Weapon/gadget unavailable while prone (PC)
Vehicles unresponsive to movement input
Inability to spot (button/key is mapped and responsive but fails to actually do the thing)

Server/Networking/Cheats
Some Countries do not have local servers. Particularly problematic in Africa and Asia
Ping kicker does not exist yet, games are frequented by bullet sponges (See above. African players are mostly in EU servers, Asian players mostly in AU servers)
Plane teleporting
Floating tanks after hitting obstacles
Objective/deployment spawns - in close proximity to enemy (spawning right in front/behind bad guys), out of bounds
Horse/vehicle spawns - Spawn as appropriate class but without the vehicle, or vice versa
Spawning on dead people - Possibly a result of spawning on a player and the player dying as the animation runs. Result is you kill a guy, and his squadmate magically appears in his place.
Boat spawn = XP farm
Behemoth destroy exploit
Invisibility glitch (at least two exist)
Anticheat is somewhat limited - no client-side AC at all, no support for ban lists, etc

Audio
Sounds dropping out, inaudible, etc
Silent enemies
Surround sound seems to lack rear channel entirely

GPU
Inexplicable low frame rates even on new hardware well above recommended spec (where lesser hardware gets a better framerate eg 30FPS on 12core i7 with GTX1080)
Crashes mostly with older NVidia GPUs, but confirmed with AMD and some newer GPUs also
SLI support missing
120Hz freezes game
Antialiasing - Only the generally disliked for reportedly blurring textures TAA and very ugly AA (intended for low performance cards) are included.

Hitboxes (not as major as the above but incedibly annoying)
Soldiers on horses take far less damage. A headshot with a sniper rifle can net you 14 damage
Destruction causes issues. Some windows can be seen out of, but not in to. Bullets hit 'invisible walls' and pass through solid objects.
Headglitching appears to be un-fixed. Bullets are originating from the top inches of the helmet, or possibly, some walls are not 'solid'. Possibly a 'feature'
Max FOV allows you to see through walls
Scope glint shining thorugh solid objects
Going prone can 'launch' you a long distance. Reports of squadmates spawning on you while prone triggering this.
Taking explosive/fire/gas damage through cover

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "CaptaPraelium" (Nov 5th 2016, 11:44am)

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, October 31st 2016, 6:21am

I am going to allow this post to stand given the following conditions. Know that these types of threads are a LOT of work to maintain and that you will eventually spend hours updating it. If you're not committed to maintaining this thread on your own, you might want to leave it to someone else. I maintained this type of thread for Battlefield 4, you can use that list as an example for formatting. Battlefield 4 Bugs List.

I'm going to set forth these conditions because I believe it's the only way that this thread will maintain high enough quality to not be deleted:

1. List is well punctuated and easy to read. Space entries apart and use color coding if appropriate.
2. Please don't make the same mistake I did; provide proof of bugs if you're going to list them, require posters to provide video or picture evidence to prevent one-off bugs that don't affect everyone.
3. Make sure you indicate when the list was last updated, and update it often if there is heavy activity in the thread. A list is no good if it's inaccurate.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 31st 2016, 6:47am

Roger that.

Date of registration
: May 17th 2015

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, October 31st 2016, 7:09am

here is a clip i got of invisible people, if that helps #mce_temp_url# (youtube)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, October 31st 2016, 11:09am

Toggle ADS fails to ADS after sprinting
And here I thought that was just me. I haven't heard anyone else complain about this, despite it existing since BF4 launch. But maybe that's just because most players use hold to ADS? Anyway, it's bad enough in BF4 that I've converted to hold to ADS .

Also, something that should be on the list imo: the bipod/rocket gun deployment is really wonky when trying deploy on anything other than the ground while prone. It's nothing new though, bipod has always been a hassle. Imo the tolerances for triggering deployment should be increased.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, October 31st 2016, 11:36am

TAA is not TXAA and does not blur the game either.
Cavalry takes reduced damage because it uses different damage multipliers.
Headglitching is not unfixed.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, October 31st 2016, 11:40am

I've found that I can't use gadget 1 when I'm crouched, using hold to crouch. It's got me killed as medic too many times.

Aside from that I've also found that the game seems to have a hard time processing inputs sometimes, where my guy will just refuse to move forward.
dice pls

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, October 31st 2016, 11:44am

That sounds like a bad keyboard.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 31st 2016, 12:38pm

I've found that I can't use gadget 1 when I'm crouched, using hold to crouch. It's got me killed as medic too many times.

That sounds like a bad keyboard.

Then there are a lot of people with a bad keyboard because it has been reported a lot. I will look into it. FWIW, that specific example (can't throw a medpack when crouched/prone in cover) is a very common example.

TAA is not TXAA and does not blur the game either.

Will have to do science on this one to put it to rest. Many are reporting it's blurry. TAA being a method of AA rather than a specific defined implementation, they may be referring to past implementations of TAA in other games which have been blurry...and placebo be strong af.

Also, there is an issue with TAA combined with resolution scaling which I did not report, but if I'm going to go into detail....Yeh. I've actually seen screenshots of this and it's pretty bad. There's some kind of sharpening that happens with TAA and with res scaling making it sharper already it becomes 'over-sharp' and there are pointy things on the edges of round things.

Cavalry takes reduced damage because it uses different damage multipliers.

There's something else going on too. I've seen clear headshots with sniper rifles do 14 damage, and clear body shots injure the horse they clearly missed, but not the rider, etc. It's hard to find the reports of this among the crying for nerf/don't nerf, but they're out there. I'll get something concrete.

Headglitching is not unfixed.

Will look into this. I've definitely seen people shoot other people when only the tip of their helmet is exposed, and darth made a video mentioning it, etc. Something's going on. Will clear it up.

something that should be on the list imo: the bipod/rocket gun deployment is really wonky when trying deploy on anything other than the ground while prone. It's nothing new though, bipod has always been a hassle.

Will add this. There is a related issue/exploit which allows you to ADS/Hipfire with it by keeping it deployed after you move away from it's deployment. I didn't include it because it didn't seem like a big deal, but I have heard other complaints of the bipod failing, so I'll put it all in there.

Sorry I haven't updated this yet. During drafting, I blew my neck out helping to lift a new k1tch3n appliance. Have had to take some meds for it but I should be back in the game soon. With brownies.
Your message contains following censored words: k1tch3n
LMAO WHAT?!?!?

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, October 31st 2016, 12:42pm

amd gpu bug: low settingsfor post-process effects creates an effect similar to blown-up textures in form, but different in effect(it's more like a very dark tint of blue or green) i can easily test it out as it most easily appears on scar during daytime or rain, but it can happen on every map, turning post process to medium or higher instantly fixes it.(note: CAN test it out, as in, it is easily reproducable, but i really don't want to bother recording, do i have to? i can find clips of the bug by other people, just without the fix in the video)

too lazy to find actual proof, but whenever it is mentioned, the user always has an amd gpu card, herre for example: Blinding Light and Blue Screen Bugs on Amiens ? Battlefield Forums
her a pic: https://s18.postimg.org/r35kmfuux/bf1_20…19_36_16_25.jpg

about the antialiasing above: i've nevere tried txaa or taa in older games, i just know that fxaa looks better than taa even if slighlty more edged, for that i use resoscaling 125% with fxaa and feel like there's no aliasing at all.

p.s.: yeah, that a couple other words and also love(actually was,) are censored.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Oct 31st 2016, 12:50pm)