Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ChineseToTheBone" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, October 29th 2016, 10:00pm

Understanding the Revive Mechanic

I have recently found out that you cannot be revived if you are killed with a melee weapon, whether through a takedown or a bayonet charge. However, I have experienced the regular death screen with the distance to nearby Medics and the Skip button being available on a few occasions following a death to melee weapons. These particular times though, I was killed through panic melee attacks from the front that did not begin any takedown animation. This makes me believe that those situations do not result in you not being in a revivable state, though I have not been revived in that situation just yet.

I have a couple of other questions regarding the instances when there is no possibility for a revive.
  • Is it true that after being killed with a headshot the dead player cannot be revived?
  • Is the reason for how one cannot be revived once killed while using a stationary weapon simply because it is counted as a vehicle?

Since this marks my 500th post here on Symthic, here is to 500 more in the weeks and months to come.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,248)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, October 29th 2016, 10:43pm

For two: Yes, you are basically in a vehicle, this is why you can not take down a guy on a mortar. Same goes for drivers and gunners of open vehicles like the jeep.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 30th 2016, 4:55am

I am not sure if I like how stationary weapons are counted as vehicles, since it feels very unintuitive. Surely it is not something baked into the codes for the "Battlefield" franchise, though I could see it being implemented time after time as a method of adding a downside.

For two: Yes, you are basically in a vehicle, this is why you can not take down a guy on a mortar.

I have died while using a Mortar earlier and was able to be revived, so I don't think any particular gadget is counted as a vehicle.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, October 30th 2016, 9:52am

Surely it is not something baked into the codes for the "Battlefield" franchise,

it actually is, in both bf3 and 4 the tv missile on attack helicopters and boats counted as vehicle... and i mean the actual missile, if you hit the missile in flight, you could actually kill the pilot, they fixed that in a patch.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,248)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, October 30th 2016, 4:45pm

I am not sure if I like how stationary weapons are counted as vehicles, since it feels very unintuitive. Surely it is not something baked into the codes for the "Battlefield" franchise, though I could see it being implemented time after time as a method of adding a downside.

For two: Yes, you are basically in a vehicle, this is why you can not take down a guy on a mortar.

I have died while using a Mortar earlier and was able to be revived, so I don't think any particular gadget is counted as a vehicle.

Are you sure? I was pretty sure the mortar behaved in the same way as every stationary.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 30th 2016, 10:50pm

Does anyone know if headshots prevent you from being revived? I have not experienced a revive after being killed with one, but that could simply be a coincidence.

it actually is, in both bf3 and 4 the tv missile on attack helicopters and boats counted as vehicle... and i mean the actual missile, if you hit the missile in flight, you could actually kill the pilot, they fixed that in a patch.

Whoa, I am surprised that I have never heard about that before. I guess it was no easy task trying to replicate that bug during an actual match in the first place. If all these mechanics really are set in stone, then I guess I will have to give up hope for one day allowing users of stationary weapons to be revivable.

Are you sure? I was pretty sure the mortar behaved in the same way as every stationary.

I am positive. I was shot and killed while using the Mortar gadget, but a Medic nearby revived me not long afterwards. As long as that was not another glitch somehow, then only those stationary weapons scattered around the map are counted as actual vehicles.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, October 30th 2016, 11:22pm

I have noticed that if you kill someone who is on the mortar, his body kind of pops off of the mortar. Maybe that makes him revivable?

But at least in BF3 and BF4, all deployable gadgets (mortars, spawn beacons, TUGS, etc.) were considered vehicles. It was nice because there was one assignment for destroying a vehicle with an EOD bot; you could just wander around killing spawn beacons and that would count.