Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Nov 2nd 2016

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, November 6th 2016, 9:53pm

The bayonet charge already miss very frequently whenever your intended targets step to the side, especially in close quarters where you would often run past them. It by no means lock on to enemy infantry or make it easy for you to turn and change directions while charging.

Also, I don't think it is very cinematic to onlookers, where it appears as if one soldier is only running just slightly faster and also screaming at the same time. It is really only cinematic to the user, as the field of view widens and more motion blur is added.
Is that in theory or practice? Because in practice for me at least; a guy will turn a corner - see me, panic, then mash the melee button (and I assume semi-accidentally) start charging and instantly initiate the bayonet sync animation taking me down.

You've seen the short vid from DannyOnPC's twitter that was linked here earlier haven't you? Well that's pretty much my experience with it summed up perfectly, some more extreme than others; that video being on the slightly more extreme side.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, November 6th 2016, 9:58pm

Maybe you should try using the bayonet charge more yourself to better understand its limitations.

That video showed a bunch of missed shots. If only more bullets connected, there would not have been the same outcome plain and simple.

Date of registration
: Nov 2nd 2016

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, November 6th 2016, 10:21pm

Maybe you should try using the bayonet charge more yourself to better understand its limitations.

That video showed a bunch of missed shots. If only more bullets connected, there would not have been the same outcome plain and simple.

Don't forget the damage reduction you get. Even if Danny had landed more shots I doubt it would of been enough (you can shrug off some of the shotguns). And.. uh, oh.. support doesn't get a Bayonet 8o

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, November 6th 2016, 10:25pm

The damage modifier is 0.85, which is obviously not insignificant but actually would not have changed the number of bullets required to kill in that situation.