Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Want2playzombies" has been banned
  • "Want2playzombies" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 26th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, October 28th 2016, 10:35am

bayonet charge needs rework

(1) there is an audio cue problem where sometimes you cannot hear a incoming charge, the audio is a big problem in BF1 it seems like you either hear someone or you dont unlike BF4 there isnt much if any different levels of audio nbased on how far away someone is.

An example is a horse will sound like its next to you when its 25M away, in BF4 you could get alot of info from audo cues telling you how far away someone was but this is non existent in BF1.

Soldiers also often scream anyway for whatever reason aside from bayonet charge.

=
(2) Why the hell do people get more health just because they are bayonet charging?

This is a terrible idea and it already takes no real skill to charge someone so why give them more health.

(3) You shouldnt be able to charge people that are in real close range, bayonet charging in BF1 is as cancerous as gas spam.
to do

(4) the charge seems to lock on its insanely easy and shouldnt be rewarded with a kill since its so easy and no aiming is really required, make it harder.

Also maybe give people a way to jump out of the way or counter a bayonet charge if they are charging when facing you since they have near 150 health based on my experience.

Noobs love this because it lets them get kills on good players since theres nothing good players can do half the time,yay dice looking after noobs :)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, October 28th 2016, 10:45am

1:yeah, i noticed that yesterday when i was getting stabbed repeatedly the course of my gaming session, even changing to pretty much all the audio settings(except surround) didn''t make a difference, today i'll try using 5.1 even though my headphones are stereo, but of pretty good quality(hd598 connected to the pc via an optical dac)

2:i guess because adrenaline? ask that to dice not me.

3:as if that works, many times i try that and my bayonet just registers the enemy as a piece of rock.

4: you get a lot of downsides for doing it though, especially if you miss, and that's rather easy when all an enemy has to do to not die is running perpendicular to you, headshot you or do a bayonet charge themself and many other things to kill or dodge you.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 28th 2016, 10:52am

2:i guess because adrenaline? ask that to dice not me.
realisim isnt a balance factor giving people more health for doing a powferul takedown that you often cant counter is stupid.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 28th 2016, 10:56am

(2) Why the hell do people get more health just because they are bayonet charging?

This is a terrible idea and it already takes no real skill to charge someone so why give them more health.

They would otherwise just get killed.

The weapons have TTKs of around 1/3 of a second.

Bayonet charging would be useless as a charge attack if they weren't more durable in the face of such high damage output.

Nor would it be good as an escape tool.

(3) You shouldnt be able to charge people that are in real close range, bayonet charging in BF1 is as cancerous as gas spam.
to do

(4) the charge seems to lock on its insanely easy and shouldnt be rewarded with a kill since its so easy and no aiming is really required, make it harder.

You can't charge people that are in real close range nor does it lock on easily.

Noobs love this because it lets them get kills on good players since theres nothing good players can do half the time,yay dice looking after noobs

Seeing as how avoiding the charge is actually really easy, yeah good players can avoid it.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 28th 2016, 10:58am

well, as i said it has a lot of downsides and if you wanted to do a charge anytime that wasn't around a corner, you could probably make use of that adrenaline-armor, i don't remember how it was in the alpha or even before, but i'm fairly sure there have been debates on how hard it is to bayonette or not be bayonette-ed in that period, the armor was something dice devs brought up on questions so i'm sure the reason is something along the lines of giving one more chance to survive, to balance the pros with the cons.

then again... i never really thought of complaing abut the bayonette charge from a balance perspective, it seems to have a decent amount of reasons to be and not be used to me, all it needs is to be fixed along with the entire directional audio system.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 28th 2016, 10:59am

might be lock on on console because cancer noobs use auto rotation.

You think you should get more health for doing bayonet because you might die if you get caught charging.... maybe dont charge then or kill them with a gun instead.

Your admitting they need extra health to be effective, maybe they can git gud then

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, October 28th 2016, 11:10am

So could you.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 28th 2016, 11:16am

Here's some math.

BF1 Walking speed: 3.4 m/s

BF1 Sprinting speed: 6.035 m/s

BF1 Bayonet charge: 7.8455 m/s

Now, factoring a TTK of half a second, someone charging you would have to be ~3.9m away from you to pull it off without dying. In other words, walking distance.

The Bayonet Charge would be useless as a dash attack or even a gap closer since the user dies before covering any significant distance.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jul 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, October 28th 2016, 12:19pm

Not to mention the bayonets themselves have significant sprint recovery cost (takes longer to get your weapon to ready from sprinting) just by being attached to the weapon (read the other thread, I forgot which)

Legion

(1,520)

Date of registration
: Apr 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, October 28th 2016, 12:22pm

Bayonet charging is already a fairly situational ability and I don't think it needs to be nerfed. You can use it to quickly kill elite kits as it oneshots them and it's fairly useful for eliminating people from behind without using bullets, especially at short range.
In pretty much all other cases, you're better off using either of your guns. Frontal charges are not that great due to the low TTK of this game and are thus limited to niche situations.

Due to how the argument has been playing out so far, I'll also keep an eye on this thread.
A piece of advice though. Arguing simply based on what a given person views as "no skill" or "cancerous" without further reasoning is generally seen as whining and will be treated as such.
Bro of Oscar, the gentleman ninja
Rules. Read them, follow them.

Quoted

[22:09:20] Failure117: Legion: Tank Expert and Pokemon Afficianado

[16:21:16] Oscar Perez Lijo: In soviet russia legion is top poster

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Legion" (Oct 28th 2016, 12:34pm)