Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:52. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 11:19pm

Darthveda generally has good information, though his aim is subpar. I really enjoy his content.

Badger is probably the most articulate and well-educated of the >500K subs Battlefield players. He's supposed to be the one doing comedy material, but he's actually far more perceptive than any of the others.

Xfactor is a washed up ex-competive player who was never any good to begin with.

Ravic used to be able to position very well, but seems to have lost his inspired play. Also, his aim is sluggish. Probably due to an extensive banlist, his raw gameplay is usually on stacked Official servers and thus neither interesting nor useful.

Rela is certainly one of the best users of the mouse in the world, and certainly the best among Battlefield players. He also has good commentaries. Probably because he listens to me.

Levelcap has awful technical abilities which look good only in comparison to his cognitive abilities. His assessments are usually ill-informed.

Nickel doesn't quite have the aim Rela does but is great to watch in order to learn some of the more subtle BF4 infantry techniques.

Jackfrags is k. Probably the only one besides Badger who I don't think makes odious content.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Aug 15th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, October 28th 2016, 3:55am

Well there is also ART AKA-ART, he posts guides/tutorial based content.

And here's a new a discovered a few months ago: Defined Disaster

He's been mentioned/referencing Symthic for the last few months and has covered most of the BF4 weapon content in the last year-ish(LMGs, Attachments, weapon Sights, map guide/flanking tutorials, perks, vehicles, etc). He's started on BF1 weapon content right now. Last video is about the "best" Medic weapon. His channel has been growing and he's very responsive to questions(which bigger YTers seem to lack in that department)

It's a good watch.

@marbleduck thankfully I don't follow any of those popup "recommendation" YouTubers, I have a RARE few of over 500k subs that I watch content from most of them are miss informed, have content that I don't like or is just baitclicking. Though I do like Unit-Lost for this OverWatch content, but I wouldn't sub just for BF1 since there isn't many videos on that. So no.

If anything i'd prefer smaller channels. There is also The Lanky Soldier his 1hr BF1 podcasts are good coverage.

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, October 28th 2016, 6:35am

@MarbleDuck's channel has very good info. The only thing I'd change is often it seems the gameplay he shows is often unrelated to what he's explaining. It would be best if he showed gameplay of the weapons he's speaking of while talking about them. Another example would be demonstrating the spread mechanic / optimal burst length while discussing it.

Otherwise, I could have simply saved myself some time and read one of his forum posts (which are admittedly pretty informative).

• "Want2playzombies" has been banned

Date of registration
: Oct 26th 2016

Battlelog:

Friday, October 28th 2016, 10:05am

JackFrags have a lot of videos with really useful tips and tricks.
TheRussianBadger have some useful stuff, but most of his content is fun-focused.
Matimio is pretty average in terms of content, something useful ocationnaly happens.

Levelcap, well... the only reason why I watch him - he plays with EVERY weapon in game, no matter how bad it is and plays with user-requested crazy setups.
sounds like you might enjoy metal slug he some decent plays with every weapon in his speed killer series.' he also uses a track ball.

===

I just wish Relaaa would do more commentary's infact i wished DICE would listen to good players instead of bad ones who think they know what skill is.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, October 28th 2016, 11:00am

infact i wished DICE would listen to good players instead of bad ones who think they know what skill is.

Fun fact: DICE, as the developer and designer of the game, gets to decide what skills are important for players to master in Battlefield.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 28th 2016, 11:04am

infact i wished DICE would listen to good players instead of bad ones who think they know what skill is.

Fun fact: DICE, as the developer and designer of the game, gets to decide what skills are important for players to master in Battlefield.
yeah they think positioning something simple that skilled players and noobs alike know and can master should trump technical skills.

They make people move like a sack of rocks in BF1 because casuals found it too hard to kill good players when they could exploit movement!

COD is so dubed down that positioning is all there is for a good player to do other then aim and this is your vision of BF congratulations.

Date of registration
: Aug 15th 2016

Battlelog:

Friday, October 28th 2016, 11:21am

yeah they think positioning something simple that skilled players and noobs alike know and can master should trump technical skills.

They make people move like a sack of rocks in BF1 because casuals found it too hard to kill good players when they could exploit movement!

COD is so dubed down that positioning is all there is for a good player to do other then aim and this is your vision of BF congratulations.

It's nothing more than a meatgrinder murder spree where tactics, thinking and understanding of game mechanics take a major back seat. You are only there to just murder as much as possible and as fast as possible. With your death's not mattering as long as you get 2-3 kills, you'll come out ahead in the end anyways.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 28th 2016, 1:11pm

@frieza

Yes your very right.

Have you ever played COD objective modes? I have and in DOM no one will try to cap B flag because they might die without getting a few kills.

Instead they flip spawns so we lose our only flag because that way they may get a kill......an easy kill that isnt hard to get as pushing B :cursing:

To some people doing good means getting a good KD and while that is true (but untrue at same time) if you got your good KD by not PTO hard then your KD means nothing.

I was just in a DOM game BF1 and people where camping in building next to enemy flags without trying to cap it and other nonsense,

If i play CQL i do try to keep a good KD but i still PTAO but when i play a gamemode like war pigeons i seriously dont care about KD i will rush into death if i think it will help win.

So basically for the casuals and bad players getting a good KD is an ego boost and says to them they are good but the good players will still win more then most gun fights BUT they will put them self in positions where they are definitely going to die if it means they are helping the team.

A good example of this is : enemy has pigeon and are about to release it, you ignore the guy that is about to shoot you and try to kill the pigeon.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,982)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, October 28th 2016, 1:35pm

Yo, off topic, but the whole "kill whoring/PTFO" is not a black and white situation. You need to dispatch enemies to capture/arm/etc most of the time, running in like a headless chicken -while fun- isn't very productive towards achieving victory.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 28th 2016, 1:49pm

Yo, off topic, but the whole "kill whoring/PTFO" is not a black and white situation. You need to dispatch enemies to capture/arm/etc most of the time, running in like a headless chicken -while fun- isn't very productive towards achieving victory.
only bad players say KD doesnt mean anything because it obviously does.

Who would you think is more effective on a flag burn, the noob that loses most gun fights or the guy that on average wins three or more before dying?

obviously a noob is useless on the flag burn when it comes to defending compared to the player that can win most gun fights.

Running in to certain death is obviously only effective towards PTO in war pigeon example, if you lose most gun fights or win an even amount as lose your obviously not that good but in saying that a player with a 1KD that actually PTO is more effective then the player with a 3 KD that doesnt PTO.

I repeat, only bad players say KD doesnt matter in determining a good player as a bad player couldn't even get a good KD while not PTO!
KD only matters if you PTO, as it translates to real skill, you know being able to outplay nearly everyone in a 1v1 and 2v1 compared to sucking so bad you barely get ahead in a 1v1.