Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "commandough" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 4:13pm

Youtubers/streamers to learn from

These days, everybody just seems to be posting short clips of them doing well. Which doesn't really me learn positioning or movement. Suggestions?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 5:01pm

Levelcap usually has a decent tactical guide out shortly after the release of a BF game. He covers things like minimap, spotting, movement, general tactics, even some "exploits". He also tries to teach things like anticipation and general thinking. I am pretty sure he will release one if he has not already.

For me this is pretty basic stuff, but good to watch usually and even experienced players might learn something from a new game.

• "Want2playzombies" has been banned

Date of registration
: Oct 26th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 5:21pm

Levelcap usually has a decent tactical guide out shortly after the release of a BF game. He covers things like minimap, spotting, movement, general tactics, even some "exploits". He also tries to teach things like anticipation and general thinking. I am pretty sure he will release one if he has not already.

For me this is pretty basic stuff, but good to watch usually and even experienced players might learn something from a new game.
Listening to level cap does more harm then good he is the worst BF youtuber and spreads misinformation.

His tactics are for noobs he actually tells people to slowly peek and crouch walk.

He actualloy said guns under 900 RPM are not worth using and get this people listen to him.

He wants to remove vehicles from BF and destroy custom servers he is seriously dangerous.

=
OP watch Marble duck for real info and theres a few others but they are all pretty much light weight entertainment Duck gives you the good stuff he is based and isnt afraid to tell you how your favorite youtuber is an idiot.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 5:28pm

I believe Marble never accused anyone of being an idiot. :D

It is true that many youtubers do not put much emphasis on explaining the complex weapon mechanics, but Levelcap references symthic and tells you how guns are supposed to be used. More importantly he covers gadgets as well. Why I do not agree with many things he advocates, like the removal or nerf of indirect fire gadgets like the mortar or XM25, he does a decent job explaining stuff to people in a easy way. Still personal preference, though.

Marble is great when you want in-depth analysis of stats, this is very true!

Still noone is not biased a way. ;)

• "commandough" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 6:37pm

LevelCap is kinda like the auto 8 .25 extended version of Marble Duck, more videos but each video is a lot weaker then Duck's.

Do any comparative players stream?

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 6:37pm

someone more middle-of-the-road is darthveda, he's not very technical, but he can really explain complex concepts and share opinions and thougts that improve your gameplay and that of everyone else fairly well, in fact, usually when someone has an opinion i'm terribly contrary to, i get quite... altered, not angry but still, i just don't accept it, with him i feel much more at ease and even after all this time playing games i do learn new stuff from him and marble, so take a look at them two.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

• "Want2playzombies" has been banned

Date of registration
: Oct 26th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 6:53pm

someone more middle-of-the-road is darthveda, he's not very technical, but he can really explain complex concepts and share opinions and thougts that improve your gameplay and that of everyone else fairly well, in fact, usually when someone has an opinion i'm terribly contrary to, i get quite... altered, not angry but still, i just don't accept it, with him i feel much more at ease and even after all this time playing games i do learn new stuff from him and marble, so take a look at them two.
he is a light weight pure entertainment and never seemed to be worth watching for any other reason, i enjoy his videos but they are more entertainment then actual info.

I believe Marble never accused anyone of being an idiot.

It is true that many youtubers do not put much emphasis on explaining the complex weapon mechanics, but Levelcap references symthic and tells you how guns are supposed to be used. More importantly he covers gadgets as well. Why I do not agree with many things he advocates, like the removal or nerf of indirect fire gadgets like the mortar or XM25, he does a decent job explaining stuff to people in a easy way. Still personal preference, though.

Marble is great when you want in-depth analysis of stats, this is very true!

Still noone is not biased a way.
(1) Yeah LC reads symthic stats then tells people not to use any gun lower then 900 rpm or not to use any attachments on guns, he is a fool he uses the symthic stats and still gets stuff wrong.

I agree with him about airburst and other BS.

(2) Level cap is paid by EA and got caught out for not disclosing paid promotions and even if he wasnt sponsored by EA he is a youtuber thats big and he wouldnt want to tread on EA because they may not give him early access or other things that help make him create content and compete with youtubers.

This is how it works on youtube, LC is a paid shill.

Have you seen LC play he actually walks around its hard to watch how he is such a noob he gives no tips whatsoever that are good and are not common sense.

Marble is all you need because he is based and fact based.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 10:05pm

JackFrags have a lot of videos with really useful tips and tricks.
TheRussianBadger have some useful stuff, but most of his content is fun-focused.
Matimio is pretty average in terms of content, something useful ocationnaly happens.

Levelcap, well... the only reason why I watch him - he plays with EVERY weapon in game, no matter how bad it is and plays with user-requested crazy setups.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 10:35pm

How about checking out some players from BigMooney's Top Plays?

boogly_oggly
Nickel

Just to name a few.

Ad:

Honestly, Everyone has to find his own playstyle anyway.
still playin' Motorstorm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ARE5R06" (Oct 27th 2016, 10:50pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 11:17pm

How about checking out some players from BigMooney's Top Plays?

boogly_oggly
Nickel

Just to name a few.

Ad:

Honestly, Everyone has to find his own playstyle anyway.

because some people aren't as perceptive(e.g. me) and need people to actuallly tell them what's happening to learn something new.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3