Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

• "CobaltRose" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 6:14pm

BF1 Weapon Descriptions

So, rather than waiting two years to get the weapon descriptions out, I decided to get them over with now and fill in the DLC guns later. Also included a couple bonuses on the off-chance that they get added later on. Boom:

Symthic Weapon Descriptions, BF1 - Google Docs

Before you ask Miff: totally fine to use this shit.

Feel free to gimme any feedback or if I missed any of 'em. Got a feeling that I did.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,876)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 7:17pm

Woah thank you a ton for these! I will add your name on "Thanks to" list and mention your contribution in site update ^^.

I wish I had more time to read these through with proper attention but silly university exams and such are keeping me busy. Nevertheless, I will put these on site!
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 7:24pm

i always find it funny how the thompson is based on a physics phenomen that isn't supposed to work on a scale such as that of an smg, and it still works perfectly fine.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,876)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 8:17pm

Aight I went through adding these to the site. Only Selbstlader 1906 Factory (Luger 1906) was missing.
I will bug Sym to push this online today :)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

CobaltRose

(1,219)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 9:39pm

i always find it funny how the thompson is based on a physics phenomen that isn't supposed to work on a scale such as that of an smg, and it still works perfectly fine.
Two pieces of irony: first, the Blish principle only worked with .45ACP at the time. Second, when the US army went about militarizing it, they figured out that the design wasn't necessary at all and that straight blowback worked just fine.
Only Selbstlader 1906 Factory (Luger 1906) was missing.
Shit, figured I missed one. Added it between the Model 8 and Selbstlader M1916.

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 12:05am

Two pieces of irony: first, the Blish principle only worked with .45ACP at the time. Second, when the US army went about militarizing it, they figured out that the design wasn't necessary at all and that straight blowback worked just fine.

I sort of doubt the iconic Thompson submachine gun will ever appear in "Battlefield 1" multiplayer, since then people will really have a legitimate complaint that the game is too much of a Second World War shooter. I realize that there are currently other prototype weapons already in the game such as the M1903 Experimental though, but the Pedersen device is nowhere as well known for future conflicts.

By the way, what exactly is this physics phenomenon called the Blish principle that was not suppose to work for the Thompson submachine gun?

CobaltRose

(1,219)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 4:25am

By the way, what exactly is this physics phenomenon called the Blish principle that was not suppose to work for the Thompson submachine gun?
The Blish principle is that two different metals will exhibit more static friction against each other than normal physics laws would suggest if you put them both under extreme pressure. This was used in the Thompson's Blish lock system, and acted as a friction-delayed blowback mechanism. When a round was fired, the bolt would stay forward due to the excessive friction, then once pressure got to an acceptable level the bolt would move backward and cycle the action.

Still think the Annihilator I or Persuader variant should show up though: yes people would bitch about it being too much like WWII, but early versions -- while easily recognizable -- were farther off from the final M1921 and M1A1 designs than you'd think. Example: it had an actual magazine well instead of the notch-and-slot system on the final gun.

The Persuader (one to the left on the table) could also be a good candidate. Still retains the iconic shape, but has some design elements that set it apart.

Memorable Quotes

Natalia Poklonskaya:

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 4:50am

You know, I guess that could work if they use the type most visually different from the ones people generally know of and not call it the Thompson submachine gun at all but by some other name, which is the case with pretty much every weapon currently in the game that is named after a brand or a person.