Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 7:05am

fun fact: the borchardt was actually refused mainly for the absurd recoil it has, i assume because of how messed up the center of balance is... if anything, it should have the highest recoil in the class, but be balanced in other ways... damage maybe? acccuracy? to be fair, the borchardt was quite a shitty weapon irl, its best feature was the cartridge.

p.s.: also marbleduck has got on point the reason why i never liked the m1911 since the alpha, who uses handguns only under 10 meters? even if you have cover around, up to 15-20 meters you still have to first kill someone then reload your primary, as they might just round the corner while you reload,that's the reason why i wanted a pistol with decent rof and accuracy in the beta(the luger wasn't horrible in that sense, but definitely not good enough for me... i'm looking for somthing like the bf4 cz75 or qsz92)

I searched up the gun and had a pretty interesting read on Wikipedia. Apparently its calibre inspired many future ones.

Personally, within the range of about 10 metres has been the only distance I have used a sidearm in "Battlefield 1" thus far. They work well as a panic weapon once my primary weapon is out of rounds, so the M1911 in particular has been an especially good choice for me. Since I tend to use the Cei-Rigotti Factory with just 10 rounds and the Autoloading .25 Extended with just 15(+1) rounds, I get the pleasure of switching to my pistol quite often in close quarters.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 7:09am

fun fact: the borchardt was actually refused mainly for the absurd recoil it has, i assume because of how messed up the center of balance is... if anything, it should have the highest recoil in the class, but be balanced in other ways... damage maybe? acccuracy? to be fair, the borchardt was quite a shitty weapon irl, its best feature was the cartridge.

p.s.: also marbleduck has got on point the reason why i never liked the m1911 since the alpha, who uses handguns only under 10 meters? even if you have cover around, up to 15-20 meters you still have to first kill someone then reload your primary, as they might just round the corner while you reload,that's the reason why i wanted a pistol with decent rof and accuracy in the beta(the luger wasn't horrible in that sense, but definitely not good enough for me... i'm looking for somthing like the bf4 cz75 or qsz92)

I searched up the gun and had a pretty interesting read on Wikipedia. Apparently its calibre inspired many future ones.

Personally, within the range of about 10 metres has been the only distance I have used a sidearm in "Battlefield 1" thus far. They work well as a panic weapon once my primary weapon is out of rounds, so the M1911 in particular has been an especially good choice for me. Since I tend to use the Cei-Rigotti Factory with just 10 rounds and the Autoloading .25 Extended with just 15(+1) rounds, I get the pleasure of switching to my pistol quite often in close quarters.

then your playstyle or foes might differ so much from mine that i just can't fathom how that can be.

still, i also find odd that based on what i said before, the gun that more of all looks like what i'm looking for is the borchardt(bar the low damage) which marble considered a troll weapon, lol.
otherwise i should go for the mars, but the 200 rpm... but that's more like a revolver than a usual semi auto pistol.

i don't have bf1 yet anyway so i don't really care.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 7:10am

Also, what does MV stand for?

muzzle velocity
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 7:15am

otherwise i should go for the mars, but the 200 rpm... but that's more like a revolver than a usual semi auto pistol.

Sure, but it actually does have the best damage at range out of all the pistols currently in the game and I have seen Stodeh use it for that purpose when playing as the Scout Class to compliment his primary weapon.

muzzle velocity

Thanks! Now that post makes sense for me.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 8:40am

That explanation for those pistols makes the situation sort of like the QSZ-92 from "Battlefield 4" then, though with a better damage model.

The only reason I used that gun at all was because it was Chinese really. Haha.

I loved the QSZ, and it has a super badass firing sound.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 9:09am

That explanation for those pistols makes the situation sort of like the QSZ-92 from "Battlefield 4" then, though with a better damage model.

The only reason I used that gun at all was because it was Chinese really. Haha.

I loved the QSZ, and it has a super badass firing sound.

yup, it's also not that much worse than the 5.7, statistically less spamy on pc, technically more on console, i used it on recon loadouts along with the suppressed 5.7 and the deagle for finishing shots.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 9:15am

Wow. I am surprised you guys actually used it since I have always found its damage at close range to be underwhelming.

As said before, my playstyle seems to differ so much from that of iota-09's that I basically only ever use the sidearm when I run out of bullets for my primary weapon in close quarters whereas he somehow uses pistols for ranges past ten metres.

• "colers" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 11:13am

Battlefield 1 Release date: October 21, 2016

Your post made on: October 22, 2016 (NA time)

This post is premature.
I've been playing the game since 13 october and there have basically been no balance changes since beta.

In other words, I have already 3 weeks of playtime under my belt

I am also fairly amused that EVERYONE in this thread seemed to forget the entire bloody point of this thread and instead it turned into a discussion into what weapons i found to be unbalanced/unfitting for their role. Again, i created this thread for everyone to dump their own concerns of the balance, and see if there is anything we've already achieved community consensus off.

As to the person suggesting that the No.3 isn't irredeemably horrid:

BF1: | BF1 Multi-Weapon Comparison | Symthic

Red, red, red, red, average, then its only redeeming quality; its reload, average, lower end, average, red, red ,red. Seeing the issue here?

I will address Marbleducks post ASAP. Though i do thank you for pointing out i fucked up my suggested fix for the Storm variant; i put down Accuracy instead of recoil. If you ask me lowering .4 to .28 turns a hard-to-manage weapon into a complete joke to compensate for. When putting it on the M1918, the only thing holding back long range potential was its accuracy and damage drop (which isn't that noticable due to the volume of fire)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "colers" (Oct 23rd 2016, 11:46am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 11:53am

As to the person suggesting that the No.3 isn't irredeemably horrid:

BF1: | BF1 Multi-Weapon Comparison | Symthic

Red, red, red, red, average, then its only redeeming quality; its reload, average, lower end, average, red, red ,red. Seeing the issue here?

Is that reload characteristic not attractive to you?

It beats out the other break action revolver and is still miles ahead of the others.

And rather than simply looking at the number of reds, why don't we also look at what is red.

minDamage of 13.5 is worst in class, but that is not a problem since it is available to all classes. Make it too good and all the other class specifics would probably be dropped in favor of a universally good option. Therefore, it has to be intentionally undertuned to promote diversity. As for why the Bulldog also shares this minDamage, note that it has the best fire rate of the revolvers. The Bulldog is therefore a very specialized CQB firearm.

RoF for the No. 3 is worst in class. But when you factor in the fast reload speed, it's going to be firing rounds a lot more frequently than its counterparts that have a reload time that is exhilarating. Furthermore, the No. 3 has the second best deploy speed of the revolvers, beat out only by the Bulldog which once again asserts itself as the CQB Revolver. The slow fire rate is a good way to offset how often this revolver will be firing in comparison to the others.

As for why the AutoRevolver gets a similar reload time but much faster fire rate, the AutoRevolver has the second worst draw and is class specific to the Medic. Once again, being all-kit means the No. 3 needs to be somewhat undertuned in comparison to a really similar option.

Then we get to the No. 3 having the worst recoil of the Revolvers which isn't exactly terrible either. Revolvers aren't meant for long range, and it is not like recoil particularly matters in CQB. Nor does spread for that matter. Speaking of spread, the No. 3 has a pretty good 0.3 degrees which is good enough for 50m chestshots last I checked. Not that you should be gunning for something at 50m anyways with the damage output of the entire group at that range. Thanks to the group's terrible ranged performance as a whole, the accuracy statistics are mostly meaningless as a way to show how bad the No. 3 is.

TL;DR - No. 3 is fine.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Oct 24th 2016, 6:32am)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 11:59am

On the general point of balance, does anyone else think it odd that only certain plane loadouts get repair? Anything without repair just gets whittled down and explodes. Are these loadouts viable at all without a way to repair?