Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:53. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "ChineseToTheBone" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 1:10am

Potential for Japan Expansion

While looking through the various Codex I have unlocked yesterday, I noticed this one. It was under the category of The World and was one of the few Codex that was narrated. You can look over every Codex yourself by going under Soldier in the main menu by the way.

I think this bodes well for the possibility of DICE including conflicts in Asian in a future expansion after France and Russia, where Japan is faced off against Germany in the Pacific on four maps. This can be a good addition for a variety of reasons in my opinion, as it can expand more on the idea of colonialism during the First World War, add in more diverse environments for maps being jungles as well as islands, and be a good precursor to a "Battlefield" game about the Second World War. This would also align with the themed expansions introducing a new nation each time, with France and Russia coming before it. Moreover, the inclusion of conflicts in the Pacific would not be a tremendous task in terms of adding in new factions, since Germany already exists in the current game and every new map could just be of them facing off against Japan. Lastly, I just want to say that as someone who is Chinese, I particularly wish for a map focused around the Siege of Tsingtao.

This is my 200th post here on Symthic, so here is to hoping for 200 more in the weeks to come!

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 1:26am

I'd definitely love to see a Japan/Pacific expansion, this would be really cool.
Who Enjoys, Wins

• "ChineseToTheBone" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 3:33am

With the theatre being areas around the Pacific, an expansion focused on Japan's conflicts in the region could really bring back a lot of naval combat that I know many "Battlefield" veterans are fond of.

Since many of the battles between Japan and Germany other than the Siege of Tsingtao were very small in scale, the 64 player modes such as Conquest and Operations will actually be more accurate to the scale of those skirmishes from a century ago. Haha.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 4:43pm

If i were to make an highly educated guess, the DLC's will be as following:

1. Belgium French DLC (They shall not pass): ALready named on origin, this will be the first DLC. It will probably revolve around the Belgium front, where the French and Belgium armies held the German army at bay for long enough for France to prepare its northern border changing the entire course of the war, along with the last stands of the Belgium army in the west. Expected maps:

Battle for Passchendaele
Ardennes offensive
Second Battle of Ypres (First mass use of mustard gas)
Ijzerslag (The by now legendary counter offensive of the Belgium army where they flooded the Ijzer, washing the German army out of their trenches, sinking their artillery emplacements and disallowing infantry to advance by conventional means. It pretty much cemented the frontline)

Expected weapons:

Assault: Ribeyrolles Carbine Mitrailleurs (The first purpose-designed assault rifle, featuring a purpose-designed 8x35 intermediary cartridge with a detachable 25 round magazine and a 600 rate of fire. Would be the worst CQB assault weapon but perform with the greatest consistency and medium range)
Medic: Toss up, though i think common sense can dictate. It will either be a Mle 1917 (5 round (Which is why i vote against it) gun firing 8x50 Lebel), or the Meunier Carbine (dubbed as "the most advanced gun in the world at that time". It has a magazine, and fires a special 7mm high power cardridge)
Support: Chauchat. Without a doubt. The chauchat will most likely be neck and shoulders above other rifles in terms of damage, given that its long recoil mechanism gave it only 250 rounds per minute. Though it is often considered to be one of the most unreliable weapons ever to enter military service, it is essential in a WW1 game.
Scout: 1886 Lebel. No contest. The legendary rifle that changed the course of firearm development will be in here.

The next DLC will of course be the Eastern front, featuring the mighty slav army of Russia (Dicepleaseputinsquateasteregg).
Expected maps (Nothing too accurate, not an expert on this):

Lemberg
Transylvania
Probably some notable part of the Brusilov offensive
Some Snowy map, 100%.

Expected guns:

Assault: Sjorgen Inertial semi-automatic shotgun. Its already in the code and i would call Dice mad if they wasted the opportunity to add in the Ribeyrolle carbine by tossing it in the first DLC. Not only that but given that Russia wasn't exactly cutting-edge on assault weaponry i wouldn't have a clue on what it would be otherwise.
Medic: Fedorev Avtomat. 100%. No doubt in my mind. It would be the weakest in class damage, firing what can almost be considered and intermediary cardridge (6.5mm Ariska) at a full-auto 400 rounds per minute. It would basically be a slower Winchester SL 7.
Support: Not a clue. I read something about only 4 weapons per DLC so probably support will get shafted so the Nagant revolver can get introduced. They might break theme and throw in a Farquhar-Hill rifle (Because god knows why the Huot got added instead of it).
Sniper: Mosin. Honestly, what the hell else.

Third DLC: Introduction of ANZAC and possibly balkan forces. This one will have Gallipoli (basically at this point I go by the metric "What was notable and isn't in the multiplayer and therefor confuses literally everyone", like the french, the russians, Ypres, the Chauchat and Gallipoli) and some more mountain maps in the Balkan mountains.

Expected Weaponry:

Assault: Eh, difficult. honestly, not much of a clue. Doubt it will be another shotgun, but we are running real low on SMG options. OVP, Maybe? iirc the balkan offensive was eventually aided by the italians. But then again, the OVP is basically identical to the M1918. Perhaps skipping them for a sidearm? Perhaps the gimmick sidearm, the Rolling Block Werder pistol?
Medic: Howell Automatic rifle. an unergonomic and odd design, the Howell Automatic was a semi-auto conversion of the SMLE. It would stand out on its aestethic oddness alone, with its weird grip and whatnot.
Support: Farquhar-Hill Rifle. 700 rounds per minute LMG, firing the .303 cardridge.
Sniper: Either one of the breechloaders the Balkan armies still used a lot, or the Carcanno rifle, the weapon most people think should have been in the game to start with and now Forgotten Weapons has showed off its semi-automatic conversion by then everyone and their dog will be saying "blin, why didn't you give us the Carcanno rifle with its epic experimental semi-auto variant"

And lastly, the one you probably want to see, the one which title will most likely be The World at War (I can see that one coming from beyond the horizon), is a DLC focused on the lesser known theaters of WW1, and will probably be used to tick off Dice's "Map theme" checkbox with the Russian DLC inevitably checking off the winter maps.
It will probably have a map in the African jungle in Cameroon or something like that between the British forces and German forces, the Battle of Tsingtao, the battle of Valpareiso (Which technically was only a naval battle, but first of all, 'Technically" is the motto of the developers by this point and i am pretty sure the moment they saw Valpareiso pop up in the places where battles in WW1 happened they uncorked the champagne because they already knew which DLC would be community favorite), along with the battle for New Britain (look up Battle of Tomo and Battle of Bita Paka). It will probably be the favorite community maps due to giving us some fresh green maps after a year of playing on destroyed cities and dark trenches.

expected weaponry:

Assault: Annihilator I, the Thommy gun before that unfortunate surrender cockblocked the makers of the Thompson gun and forced them to remake the gun for civilian and law enforcement use. The Annihilator I was developed, produced and ready to be shipped, with guns already on the ships, but 2 days before they could be shipped the war ended. Well damn. Once again "technically" rings through the air but "technically" Dice can happily claim that their WW1 is alternate history and that the Thompson did saw use in their WW1 because if i was to ctrl+f "technically" in their design document my PC will require 2 minutes to count all occurences of it. Back then still using the Blish-lock, which forced it to use the .45 ACp round instead of a carbine round like the designer originally wanted but couldn't do because his system required low-pressure rounds, firing at 700 rounds per minute it will have its own spot in the assault catagory.
Medic: If they don't switch this one out for any side arm we will reach the point of TOO MANY FUGGIN SELF-LOADERS. I think they will throw in a Nambu for this one.
Support: Hmmm, hard one. I think they are giong to throw in a Marlin 1917 or potato digger (interesting gun who got its name from the lever that accentuated its action at the front; a lever which would dig a hole in front of you if you would fire the gun with it placed flat on the floor) with stock. Technically models with a stock were never really made, but then again, technically WW1 is a horrible setting if variation is what you are aiming for.
Scout: at this point everyone and their dog and their dogs chewing toys will be wanting for another thing like the Martini-Henry so this will probably be the introduction of the well-known Remington Rolling Block

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 4:50pm

Exploiting the Setting ? - Hell yeah.

They SHOULD squeeze it out.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 5:07pm

and what about the free map/s? p.s..: the chauchat straight up didn't work in the american version and was unreliable in the french one only due to the magazine.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 5:36pm

and what about the free map/s? p.s..: the chauchat straight up didn't work in the american version and was unreliable in the french one only due to the magazine.
Well, not only that: The long recoil system proved to be extremely unresistant to overheating, with the gun not only failing to feed, but actually being rendered unusable untill it cooled off after 120 rounds of sustained fire, which made it an automatic rifle of which the manuals suggested soldiers that they shouldn't actually fire it automaticly. the magazine only blamed 60% of the stoppages. The sights weren't adjusted correctly, and its ergonomics were horrendous.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "colers" (Oct 20th 2016, 5:47pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 6:00pm

Well, not only that: The long recoil system proved to be extremely unresistant to overheating, with the gun not only failing to feed, but actually being rendered unusable untill it cooled off after 120 rounds of sustained fire, which made it an automatic rifle of which the manuals suggested soldiers that they shouldn't actually fire it automaticly. the magazine only blamed 60% of the stoppages. The sights weren't adjusted correctly, and its ergonomics were horrendous.

well... at least it could fire, unlike the .30-06 variant.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 7:33pm

The Chauchat will likely perform almost identically to Medic's SLRs, giving Support a cross-class type weapon, rather like Scout's Springfield Pedersen Device being a Pistol Carbine.

Remember that both the Sjögren shotgun and Remington Model 1900 (full-size double barrel) are in the files, I'd imagine both will still make it into the game. As for a Japan expansion, what sort of guns would we likely see there?
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 7:58pm

The Chauchat will likely perform almost identically to Medic's SLRs, giving Support a cross-class type weapon, rather like Scout's Springfield Pedersen Device being a Pistol Carbine.

Remember that both the Sjögren shotgun and Remington Model 1900 (full-size double barrel) are in the files, I'd imagine both will still make it into the game. As for a Japan expansion, what sort of guns would we likely see there?
As i said, its very unlikely that they will make an entire DLC dedicated to japan; Japan only had its Ariska (and at that point we will have enough medium-slow bolt action rifles and the Nambu (which will most likely make an appearance due to its well-known nature). They had no self-loaders of any variants, nor SMG's, shotguns or light machine guns which were man-portable. Furthermore, the aforementioned Seige of Tsingtsao is pretty much the only notable battle, and others won't offer the variation expected from the final DLC. Once again, by that map, people will be thirsty for tropical maps like Valpareiso and Cameroon.

Its possible that the Remington model 1900 was merely a temporary name for the double barrel shotgun, though again, if it comes, i pray it doesn't replace the Ribeyrolles.