Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 11:31am

BF1 light vehicles and HMGs

Hi everyone,
I didn't get a chance to play the BF1 beta, but I am very exited for the game's release. As someone who has been somewhat obsessive over light vehicles (jeeps, armoured cars etc) and stationary MGs since Bad Company 2, I am curious how the BF1 ones perform. The WW1 setting and fewer numbers of effective long range fully automatic weapons gives me hope that stationary MGs might be better than in previous games. I know BF developers often take the odd approach of making stationary weapons inexplicably crap considering their disadvantages and often seems to think that 25 max damge is ok on a 550 rpm weapon.

I've seen some in game footage of a stationary MG destroying an armoured car. So do HMGs have decent damage now? Also, can anyone tell me whether there are any light armoured cars (humvee/ MRAP equivalent). I'm assuming DICE will forget to add decent bullet shields to vehicle MG positions like they usually do :(

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,022)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 6:38pm

As far as I recall both the stationary MGs as well as the HMG on the armoured car worked decently. Better than the BC2 stationaries anyway. The MG on the light jeep though is really bad though, mostly because the vehicle moves so fast it is hard to aim, while you are easy to hit.

If I recall correctly the stationary and light jeep MGs could also damage the armoured car, but I am not sure about that. The armoured car is really good, too, as you can have three gunners in it. However it is also hard to hit consistently with all that rumbling while driving. However when standing still in a relatively safe spot it can perform a whole lot of kills.

Generally it is now really useful to fully load up your vehicle.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 6:57pm

yep, vehicle hmgs are better at destroying other vehicles than at killing people, they were beastly against the zeppelin in the alpha.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 11:24pm

They aren't nearly as craptastic in Battlefield 1 as they were in Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. Positioning of stationaries also seems a good bit better. Really, the worst vehicle-mounted machine gun is the one used in the passenger seat and back seat of the attack plane and bomber respectively. That thing is all wonky. The front seat machine gun of the bomber absolutely melts everything, especially infantry, though.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, October 2nd 2016, 3:33am

The front seat machine gun of the bomber absolutely melts everything, especially infantry, though.

I think the rounds that particular machine gun shoots are explosive, which explains its high effectiveness.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 2nd 2016, 8:16am

I think the rounds that particular machine gun shoots are explosive, which explains its high effectiveness.

It's a 20mm cannon. It's basically BF1's version of the Attack Heli gunner.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 2nd 2016, 8:20am

It definitely does have an AoE. I was picking off infantry, among some lighter vehicles and horses, like crazy just be shooting in their general direction. Although, my "tank hunter" attack plane always made sure that the enemy bombers wouldn't live that long in the beta.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, October 2nd 2016, 12:17pm

It definitely does have an AoE. I was picking off infantry, among some lighter vehicles and horses, like crazy just be shooting in their general direction. Although, my "tank hunter" attack plane always made sure that the enemy bombers wouldn't live that long in the beta.

I hear the AT gun on "tank hunter" loadout will be nerfed against other air units, and I reckon the larger HMG will be nerfed as well. It was way too easy to score kills with it in beta.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,022)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 2nd 2016, 2:22pm

I hear the AT gun on "tank hunter" loadout will be nerfed against other air units, and I reckon the larger HMG will be nerfed as well. It was way too easy to score kills with it in beta.

Yeah that loadout was rather silly. Basically it was used too shoot planes out of the sky and not tanks, that were a lot harder to hit.

The bomber front gun indeed is very powerful, but the bomber itself is crazy vulnerable, especially since the tail gunner can not deal a lot of damage at all. However the front seat is very effective at everything. I would agree with adjustments there.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 3rd 2016, 10:06am

The "tank hunter" attack plane was really the only plane I used in the beta, and I definitely agree that it's pretty overpowered against air vehicles, especially the easy-to-hit bomber.

Infantry, especially, were complete cannon fodder to all the vehicles and even horses in the beta. I really couldn't stand playing infantry much until DICE unlocked all the weapons on like the second-to-last day of the beta, and then I got to use the MG15nA.

Although, I do hope DICE doesn't go too overboard with the nerf. It IS a single-shot weapon, and thus it does have a bit of a learning curve. Making it a three-shot kill against the bomber sounds ideal, but any more would turn it into a peashooter.

By the way, how do you use the zoomed-in camera with the attack plane's cannon on the PC? I've seen some YouTubers using that, but I still have NEVER gotten an answer on which button that's tied to on default. It has been agitating me quite a bit. . .