Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, October 30th 2016, 10:01am

You can rebind buttons on the controller, but that makes everything really clunky in my experience.

So you actually can change the buttons for throwing grenades and jumping then?

Yes, I did it once for Bf4. Wasn't worth it. For example, you are then stuck with countermeasures bound to the less accessible "A" button, and menu navigating (both in-game and on the xbox in general) was annoying, as most things are tailored to the A/LB buttons actually doing defualt A/LB buttons stuff. Also, button names vs functions tied to them do not update.

yup, it was problematic, but after a while i found a decnt keybind: R2(spot) on R3(crouch), L2 and R2 changed with the 1(so i could shoot and aim like on ps3, which might not be as comfortable, but it is way more practical) and square changed to L2, this way i could reload and crouch while aiming and to some extent also spot/use the commorose, i was also thinking about getting a scuff gaming controller, but paying 140-ish€ for a cool looking controller that has just 2 more buttons on the back really doesn't cut it, way too pricey.

on pc i also unbinded use from reload, and use share as the use button, while using the touchpad left and right for map size/height, and touchpad top for firing along with R1(done with ds4windows)

p.s.: and yes, being able to see the map while dead would be extremely usful, it is pretty much the only reason why i skip revive some times(actually most times i skip it a little while before it autoskips, so that i can skip only the animation and be able to get the deploy button as soon as i get back to the spawnscreen)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Oct 30th 2016, 10:07am)

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, October 30th 2016, 10:38am

I tend to remain hopeful regarding revives after each death without ever skipping them. Haha.

The best reason to do so however is to check if there are any vehicles that you can snatch right away.

Date of registration
: Oct 28th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, October 31st 2016, 5:20pm

I would really enjoy a hardcore mode.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, October 31st 2016, 5:37pm

You know, there's Verdun... :rolleyes:
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, October 31st 2016, 5:45pm

You know, there's Verdun... :rolleyes:

and also hardcore will be brought in the game presumably with the custom servers update.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,287)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, October 31st 2016, 6:17pm

I am having a serious issue with the new spawning system right now. Or the squad spawn mostly, although some flag spawns are jsut awfully open. The problem for me though is the delay between deciding to spawn and spawning on the battlefield. I will try to explain by using examples.

1. You take a flag and prevent enemies from spawning. However the fancy fly-in of two seconds allows enemies to spawn even after the flag is turned, which can be problematic on some flags where the spawn area does not change with a turnover. A minor thing though.

2. You put an enemy into combat, a takedown or even kill him just to have an enemy spawn as much as two seconds later. This could very well come unnoticed.

3. You follow an enemy can not put him into combat to prevent spawning, a teammate spawns not at the enemy's current position, but in the position that guy was two seconds ago (for whatever reason this was designed). This could very well mean he could spawn right in front of you, or right behind you. The reason why this is not a good idea is obvious.

4. With the increased time to kill for many weapons an enemy spawning not at the direct position and the ability to spawn quite some time after death will give the engaging player trouble in fighting the second enemy as he will come in unexpected, in the middle of the reload or in even the next fight. As this is not intentional by either player you can only blame poor design.

Generally this flawed system creates a lot of situations where you lose control over a situation in a away that can not be anticipated. You secured an area just to be shot by a guy that you could have had no idea he was going to be present. This creates a feeling of randomness and confusion.1

The solutions are simple. At the very least you should spawn on the exact location of your teammate and the fly-in should be drastically sped up. A spawn could be aborted when the player gets put into combat. Better yet, remove the fancy spawn mechanic and just turn back to BF4 spawning system including the camera, so that you know what is happening at the guy you want to spawn on.
This is a perfect example of how DICE went for visuals over gameplay, and for a mechanic that only needs to be: Useful and convenient. But they wanted to make it pretty and failed.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 7:00am

In my opinion, spawning on a squad member should always present a certain level of risk. However, I do recognize that the few seconds delay is causing issues, as I have personally spawned on dead squad members quite a few times. I also noticed that I consistently get the points for squad spawn earlier than that squad member actually appears, which obvious showcases that time delay that you are not so fond of.