Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iwo_Jima" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 11:31am

What little changes would you bring to improve BF One after playing the open beta?

Think of changes that do not take much work to implement.

''Such as more ammo for this, less ammo for that, less bulletspeed'', etcetera.

I am curious about what other players want to see changed.
RIP Sraw

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 11:51am

So nothing like a weapon overhaul, I guess? :D Cool topic though.

- x2 HS multiplier for all guns (Right now I do not know if any weapon has this)

- Concerning Sinai stationary AA guns at A, C and G, instead of D. And they should be respawning, too. Had a round where the Attack Plane dealt with them within the first ten minutes, this might turn out to be a problem.

- One or two more anti-tank grenades and more rocket gun ammo.

- If the weather really is only clientside, I would like that changed.

- Spotted on the minimap while shooting (I do not know if this qualifies as small change, though)

And a thousand other things big and small.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Sep 6th 2016, 12:28pm)

Date of registration
: Aug 22nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 1:37pm

• Remove the pickup-classes.
  • Nerf tanks just slightly (at least the light tank).
  • Reduce the spread on some full-auto guns (smg's) a bit.
  • Reduce the health of horses significantly (they should not be an equal option to light vehicles)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 1:50pm

-Reduce sips or base ads spread spread(not both) on semi auto rifles, and make them more even with one another regarding damage model if they don't want drastic changes in rof or spread.
-make lmgs reach base spread faster(lower fssm)
-improve the flamethrower pickup class
-buff the bombers if there's no more setups in the full game
-make sinai a less mediocre map
-nerd the tanks/make them get damage from more stuff(incognita rill the game's release, but at least make the rocket gun a base item)
-Make rush either 32p ir remove most if not all tanks in it, and put a 50% player limit of snipers(modifiable) per team for the game mode

This what i can think of for now.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Mar 27th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 3:51pm

- Spotted on the minimap while shooting (I do not know if this qualifies as small change, though)

Im with you on this although reading other message boards i seem to be in the minority. I really am not a fan of all the house camping that goes on. I guess there were no suppressors in WW1 ? But i would love to have this back.

- Remove the pickup-classes.

Agreed with this one too. I just dont think they belong in a Battlefield game.

Also i'd like the old conquest system back but at least they removed the timer so its more playable now. Havent tired Rush yet.

• "Iwo_Jima" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 4:14pm

For myself,

- I'd decrease overall bulletspeed by 4%, and for bolt actions/DMR's 6 or 7%.
getting kills with the bolt actions has become too easy. Having to lead targets on the distances where most firefights (<150, 200m) take place in need to be an actual thing again!

- stationary emplacements need to get randomized positions, not always-on-the-same-place every round. Its too easy this way to take them out asap for any experienced vehicle driver that uses his memory. As they dont return to the battlefield either.

- less headshotmultiplier

- increase AT rifle ammo, increase AT grenade ammo for horses

- slightly increase bomb splash radius of both attack plane and the bomber

- slightly increase damage of the rear gunner of attack plane and bomber

- double the time of repairfunction of all vehicles, tanks need this in particular

- pickup-classes need less HP, its too cheesy atm. What was wrong with the battle pickups from BF4?
RIP Sraw

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Iwo_Jima" (Sep 8th 2016, 7:57pm)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 4:21pm

Oh yeah speaking about the rocket gun: I would like the reload animation to end when you close the lid on he back of the gun. Right now there is a 2 second delay afterwards until it counts as loaded, it is awfully long.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 7:12pm

No double-gating

Less extreme XP gating

Reduce the power of the Attack Plane's Tank Hunter package

Increase turn rate of Heavy Tank

I want a 1.2x to 1.5x headshot multiplier. 2x is way too strong.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 9:02pm

- x2 HS multiplier for all guns

I don't want this either. There is no particular reason a headshot should deal 2x, other than "that's the norm".

Smaller multipliers allow more nuanced balance, you could have weapons that deal high damage without the OHK potential.

For example snipers could have always high damage, but no OHK potential at close/extreme range. I think the sniper damage and HS multi currently makes them a bit too forgiving when it comes to positioning, so I wouldn't mind this. And the only way to kill close quarters sniping once and for all is by making it impossible to achieve a close quarters OHK. I did expect that from the designer, really.

- pickup-classes need less HP, its too cheesy atm. What was wrong with the battle pickups from BF4?

A lot.

Instead of remoing the elites, I think they should behave like a vehicle: selectable from the spawn screen, equally distributed per team.

Oh yeah speaking about the rocket gun: I would like the reload animation to end when you close the lid on he back of the gun. Right now there is a 2 second delay afterwards until it counts as loaded, it is awfully long.

....Could it be?

If the ammo box is going to speed up some gadgets' damage output (as discussed on here in the past), this is one of the ways to do it: Cut the delay when near a box.

If I was doing it I'd dub that end delay the gun "cooling down" (to prevent ruining the weapon, in the case of the AT rifle), and allow putting the gadget away and have it keep cooling down. Being near the box would remove any cooldowns. Arbitrary delays does not feel good, as you mention, and they make for unnatural animations.

Off the top of my head,

- Fix spotting (preferably using Noctyrne's idea, but at least widen the FoV.)

- Making repairing automated or toggleable, holding a button feels gimmicky and is annoying, especially when said button is easy to accidentally de-press. If "Hold LB to rep" is gone, moving freelook to that button would be much appreciated.

- Allow bringing up big map during killcam.

- What noctyrne said about unlocks

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

Date of registration
: Jun 19th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 9:30pm

Bolt Actions that provide an option for other classes except Recon that aren't overpowered, or at least Recon rifles being valid choices as primaries with iron sights. If you're gonna have the Gewehr be 75 max damage, make it all classes.
A pistol buff that reflects how useful and common they were during the actual war. That probably will be reflected by the revolvers in the main game though.
2 grenades at least per soldier.
A longer revive period possibly?
Maybe a little more bullet drop on the Rocket Rifle for assault?
A shell selection like in a tank for the field guns to use HE instead of just anti tank rounds.

I'm fairly happy with vehicles though honestly. They're not as hard to destroy as people make them out to be, the beta just has a lot of people not playing correctly.

Occupation: Head of Crate Refurbishment and Custodial at Noshahr Canals
Hobbies: Mopping up blood, Making sure each Crate is shiny enough for the next round, Filling in bullet holes, Parachuting onto the crane to remove all the dead snipers, Dragging the bodies of the inconsiderate assholes who died all the way by the trains into the Canals (Though the ladies love how ripped I am because of it), Sarcastically shouting "Bring out your dead!"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "punch999" (Sep 6th 2016, 9:38pm)