Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 8:08pm

Not tank physics per se, but still wonky vehicle physics.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 8:18pm

The Mark V could be fixed by allowing 180 degree turret rotation( it think ). It wouldnt make any sense from an authenticity perspective but it would from a gameplay perspective, which is all i care about.

Or a higher disable threeshold so it could do a 180 after getting ambushed.

It would have to be over 180 degrees traverse for each cannon to allow them to converge on a single target. That tank is totally helpless if any of the 3 people using it don't know what they're doing. Allowing for only 180 degrees would still leave a gap as wide as the tank body itself directly in front of it where it effectively has a blind spot.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 9:03pm

No medic will not equip the first aid kit and then deciding on whether you revive or repair is not a good idea.

Actually, I was already thinking Syringe/Hammer might be my go-to Medic setup.
Who Enjoys, Wins

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 10:23pm

I might do that as well, considering that revives have no charge time and always revive at 100% hp. A lot of times it's better to let someone die and revive them instead of healing them so long as it's safe to do so. Just like BF3.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 11:56pm

I might do that as well, considering that revives have no charge time and always revive at 100% hp. A lot of times it's better to let someone die and revive them instead of healing them so long as it's safe to do so. Just like BF3.

Well, when I went for the dogtags of the Mass and the M320 I ran with defibs naturally, because I define my role as a necromancer. Considering that there is self-repair though, I do not even think I would choose the hammer/syringe option. The heal is just too useful.

I would rather have the support have the wrench, or the Assault. yeah rather Assault and give the Scout the AT rocket gun.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, July 8th 2016, 2:37am

. Considering that there is self-repair though, I do not even think I would choose the hammer/syringe option. The heal is just too useful.

there is also auto-heal :V
seriously though, my actual point is that the only ones who can self repair vehicles are pilot classes, but anyone can heal themselves by waiting some time, while situationally the medkit might be more useful, the wrench is more useful if you want to be more versatile rathern than mobile.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 8th 2016, 9:52am

. Considering that there is self-repair though, I do not even think I would choose the hammer/syringe option. The heal is just too useful.

there is also auto-heal :V
seriously though, my actual point is that the only ones who can self repair vehicles are pilot classes, but anyone can heal themselves by waiting some time, while situationally the medkit might be more useful, the wrench is more useful if you want to be more versatile rathern than mobile.

Ah yeah but you would need to get in a vehicle not only not as a crewman, but you need to get in there as a medic. Can you repair with the hammer from within? The problem always was that you are very exposed, that is why people rarely played a dedicated repair monkey. The driver has a huge benefit the repairman does not, he would be better off, from a selfish POV, to roam around on his own. Now repairs as you run by this is something different, you see that all the time, but that engineer did not have to choose the hammer over the first aid kit or defib. He chose the tool over the mines or EOD, which is an easier choice.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, July 8th 2016, 7:47pm

With auto-heal being a thing, Medkits do nothing but speed up an existing ability. With auto-repair not being a thing, the only two ways of repairing a vehicle are the Pilot/Tanker's self-repair and the Hammer. Can a Pilot/Tanker self-repair anything that isn't a plane/tank? If not, the Hammer is the only way to repair any of the transports, emplaced weapons, or anything else that isn't a plane/tank. It also, importantly, allows you to steal enemy planes/tanks and actually keep them alive.

The Syringe, Hammer, and Rifle Grenades are definitely higher on my list than Medkits.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 4:27pm

Yeah but it is the same in BF4, there is auto-heal, yet close to no assault does not run the medkit. It is really that good, and likely will be. Yeah I guess, since the Medic gets the Rifle Grenade, which will be like a M320, right? Now if this is indeed a feasible way for another class apart from the Assault to do away with the vehicles, I can see many people equipping it. Still we would have the same issue as in BF4, where when presented with a choice of being more versatile but with a loss of teamplay, many players will decide by personal performance.

Now I do not know how many Assaults actually regularly run M320/Mass + Medbag, but yet apart from me, I've only ever picked up one kit that went M320 + Defibs. Now I am team-oriented, I am sure the amount of these players here is higher as well.

I will stick with it though, in order to encourage teamplay, you have to 1. basically stick it right into the throat of the player like foie gras, and 2. make it effective for yourself by personal effect (medkit) or points (Defibs). DICE did alright in the last games for the most part, but it is vitally important for the average player to see how he can profit as well when playing as a team. People need the metaphorical pad on the back AND a payrise all the time to keep on doing it. This is why I think it might not be the greatest idea to focus most teamplay gadgets on one class, while others have only one or none.

Monday, July 11th 2016, 12:24pm

Stop me if I'm wrong but.... I don't see a problem with a tank that's boned if it gets flanked and shot in it's weakest spot.

Is that not simply countered, by not being bad?