Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 11:50am

I don't think Symthic has to upold an NDA. Players in the closed alpha have to.

Edit: inb4 copyright, but that seems not to be an issue normally

Fair point, but if there is a Non-Disclosure Agreement in place for players then surely EA/DICE must have some sort of similar thing in place for websites that post disclosed material? Or at the very least: That guy on Reddit now has a target on him for breaking the Non-Disclosure Agreement, so posting it here is only increasing the likelihood he'll get caught?

NDA can only bind the person/company who has signed it.

also in case of rad he apparently isn't under nda, which makes me assume he received the bf1 alpha files from a 3rd party, and this would probably also apply to that single player campaign massive leak, i don't know how dice would have to go against these individuals then as they didn't sign the nda, but rather only the person who gave them the files.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 12:36pm

Like I said I am really bad with this stuff, but I think Yugas etc meant Symthic should not be used as platform to share leaky stuff (ie. original place where the leak was posted). However you can still link to leaks and discuss about them.

Anyways good that people are sharing hard numbers instead of just rumors and things like that! I don't mind if other people parse their values and share them (as long they are correct, of course)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

TheRadGamerDan

Hey! Could I get one of these title things?

(258)

• "TheRadGamerDan" started this thread

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 1:30pm

Like I said I am really bad with this stuff, but I think Yugas etc meant Symthic should not be used as platform to share leaky stuff (ie. original place where the leak was posted). However you can still link to leaks and discuss about them.

Anyways good that people are sharing hard numbers instead of just rumors and things like that! I don't mind if other people parse their values and share them (as long they are correct, of course)

Since I originally posted it to Reddit, can I get my original thread re-approved?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 1:44pm

Since I originally posted it to Reddit, can I get my original thread re-approved?

Ehh it would still make Symthic "hoster" of the leak. I know we are not required to keep any NDAs, but I am personally just in favor of keeping hosting leaks here just to be nice to big could-be-better boss EA :V
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 1:58pm

tl;dr
you may as well talk about it in one of the general threads of bf1 rather than here at this point, specifically the class balance one, am i right miff?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 3:00pm

I don't want the actual stats on Symthic. Last thing we want to do is piss DICE off.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 3:32pm

still playin' Motorstorm

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 4:11pm

I do not really care, whether the stuff is posted here or just linked. Leaks do happen and I rather discuss the stuff here, than somewhere else or not at all. I have not signed anything and I doubt anyone on symthic has concerning discussing things here. If anything they can be glad that people here are rather evaluating in an objective manner on the stuff posted.

On the topic at hand: I see that they abandoned (so far) the BF4 way to balance around weapon classes, barrel length and calibre and got down the Hardline path. Personally I believe down that road lies madness, but it might still work as long as there are not too many weapons.
I just can not see an underlying trend in the stats so far. Damage values and drop-offs seem random (maybe still balanced though) and really chaotic when compared to the very neat and tidy BF4 stats. Now it makes sense to differentiate when there are only 2-3 weapons per class, and I guess, since every faction used different calibres, it is easy enough to craft indidual weapons, but I guess we will have a bigger number of weapons and possibilities firther down the road, and we know how well that worked in Hardline, it was real patchwork, that could only partially satisfy.

Still with a very limited roster of weapons, this might turn out better.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 6:03pm

I don't want the actual stats on Symthic. Last thing we want to do is piss DICE off.

Oh please... every "leak" is an opportunity to create more hype and make billions in the process. In this war no weapon is forbidden.

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 6:05pm

Oh please... every "leak" is an opportunity to create more hype and make billions in the process. In this war no weapon is forbidden.

Actual stats won't get posted on Symthic during alpha, trust me on that one :)