Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Forger21

for all your voodoo needs

(512)

• "Forger21" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, June 24th 2016, 12:27am

Rotating Transition When Spawning to Orient Player Relative to Map

I realize pointing out this minor visual detail doesn't exactly provide a lot of substance for an entire thread, but it's just such a cool effect and so helpful for orienting a spawning player relative to the battlefield that I wanted to highlight it for anyone who has mostly been watching gameplay with the deaths and spawn screen edited out.

When you die, instead of the camera cutting abruptly to a static map on the spawn screen, the camera seamlessly rotates up and away from the first person perspective to the aerial overview of the map. Then, when you choose a spawn point and spawn, instead of cutting directly to a first person view, the camera rotates down from the aerial map view to the first person view of the character, orienting the player relative to the map.

If you watch for 30 seconds after the time stamp in this video you'll see both transitions.

Gameplay video timestamped to right before a death and respawn

I love this technique for letting the player know exactly where they are and which direction they are facing when they spawn.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, June 24th 2016, 12:40am

Plus it looks like you are being sent by higher powers to sort shit out

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)

Posts I should finish sometime:
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Vehicle gamplay
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, June 24th 2016, 1:20am

While there are a ton of amazing upgrades and additions to BF1, this is absolutely one of my favourites. It's so beautiful. 8o
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, June 24th 2016, 3:44am

I like it as well. Very nice concept.