Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 11:25pm

YouTubers are still "milking" the E3 footage, so nothing "new" yet. I have seen footage of the "anti-tank rocket" as labelled in-game used by the Assault Class, though, so I am provisionally adding an entry here for that.

From the promotional renders and wallpapers, most are convinced that it is the Mauser 1918 T-Gewehr, but it is definitely not a "rocket." Its 13.2mm TuF (Tank and Plane) round had a muzzle velocity of 785m/s, comparable to the front-line infantry rifles of the time. Otherwise, the in-game model and animations look to be right.

Still, it is a good opportunity to share the EXCELLENT C&Rsenal video on the topic.

Assault Class (Provisional)

"Anti-Tank Rocket"
Wiki: Mauser 1918 T-Gewehr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
YouTube: Small Arms of WWI Primer 022: German T-Gewehr Anti-Tank Rifle - YouTube (C&Rsenal)

Wiki: 1.59-inch Breech-Loading Vickers Q.F. Gun, Mk II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (hat tip to BleedingUranium)
Note: In-game it can only be fired with the bi-pod deployed on something.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Veritable" (Jun 29th 2016, 7:36pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, June 29th 2016, 1:37am

pretty sure the one used in the pre alpha isn' the gwher, it's a 30 kg semi-stationary recoil-less rifle if i'm not wrong.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, June 29th 2016, 6:56am

pretty sure the one used in the pre alpha isn' the gwher, it's a 30 kg semi-stationary recoil-less rifle if i'm not wrong.

Indeed, it's this thing, the "1.59-inch Breech-Loading Vickers Q.F. Gun, Mk II", colloquially referred to as the "Vickers-Crayford Rocket Gun".

And yes, as with a number of other older British guns/etc it doesn't have a proper name, as it's "name" is just a description of who made it/what it does/how it works, thus DICE took the colloquial name and swapped the manufacturer name for "AT", giving us "AT Rocket Gun". Point being AT Rocket Gun is basically the most correct name possible, despite not sounding like it.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 29th 2016, 7:46pm

Thanks for the tip, added to the first page.

That is, although it is pretty much all but guaranteed that the T-Gewehr will be in BF1, there is no in-game footage yet so it doesn't belong here.

Also that is, despite that Vickers not being a rocket launcher... nor a recoiless gun... nor even designed to be a tank destroyer (it was a bunker buster, in the vein of what the SMAW is) :P

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, June 29th 2016, 8:02pm

Are you just going off in game?

Because in trailer 2 there was a weird Mauser 98 with trommelmagazin and a Webley Fosbery.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 29th 2016, 8:09pm

Are you just going off in game?

Hi Othais! From C&Rsenal?

Yes, I prefer to compile strictly from gameplay footage, because pre-rendered trailers and concept arts tend to have whole bunch of weird stuffs. Unfinished models, placeholders, things like that. So, I'm just going off what people were able to select from the loadout menu in the E3 playable demo at the moment. I expect to do the next big update when the open Beta launches, and then a final one at launch in October.

Would love to update the SMLE entry in the first post with a proper Lee-action deep dive, complete with animations *wink wink* ;)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, July 17th 2016, 8:46pm

I'm going through the back catalogues of C&Rsenal's Small Amrs of WW1 series. No MP18 yet, as they appear to be doing things chronologically, so I don't expect to see it (and many other BF1's extremely late-war and / or experimental weapons) until next year or beyond. Still, the MP18's key in-game feature is its 32-rnds "trommelmagazin," which it "shared" with the Lange Pistole 08 "Artillery Luger," a PDW-version of the Luger P08.

So, for a deep-dive on the early drum magazine that made the MP18 possible, see here: https://youtu.be/hRAupWi5IcI?t=20m38s

For the full Artillery Luger coverage, see here: https://youtu.be/hRAupWi5IcI (the above video link is for the same video but starts at the magazine segment). I'd say that the LP08 itself is a possible "upgrade" to the Mauser C96 that we know is in-game; it'd work as an "unlock," as it (usually) fires a more powerful ammunition, has higher capacity AND reloads much quicker as it is magazine-fed vs. stripper-clip-fed. Still, it's not in the game yet AFAIK so it won't be in the OP.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, July 17th 2016, 10:39pm

I'd say that the LP08 itself is a possible "upgrade" to the Mauser C96 that we know is in-game; it'd work as an "unlock," as it (usually) fires a more powerful ammunition, has higher capacity AND reloads much quicker as it is magazine-fed vs. stripper-clip-fed. Still, it's not in the game yet AFAIK so it won't be in the OP.

The Luger Carbine was confirmed from the sheet of weapon/vehicle icons dug out of the Alpha files; there's no chance anything will be an "upgrade", you know that's not how Battlefield balance works. I'm rather excited for it, I've always liked that Luger.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 12:10am

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Veritable" (Sep 2nd 2016, 8:16pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 2nd 2016, 6:01pm

Questions for people in the Open Beta:

#1 Suport Class "MG15 N.A." according to the BF1 Beta Weapon Charts, I see in the in-game footage it is named the MG08/15? I have updated the OP from the Bergmann MG15 n.A. to the Maxim, but would be great to know which one it actually is. *edit* after further YouTube trawling, the MG08/15 is for "Elite" class and thus is a "battle-pickup," same as the flamethrower and T-Gewehr. MG15 is now back as described as the Bergmann.

#2 Recon Class "Gewehr M.95" again according ot the Weapon Charts. Despite not seeing the in-game footage yet, I'm fairly sure that it is the Mannlicher M1895, NOT the Mauser M1895 "Chilean." My reasoning behind that is, since the Mauser M1891 / M1895 were in service in South America (Argentina and Chile, respectively), they would not have been called "Gewehr," since that is a German word and those countries do not speak that language. The Mannlicher was in service with Austro-Hungary, and they DO speak German there. So, those in the Beta, if you can confirm that the "Gewehr M.95" in-game uses the Mannlicher straight-pull bolt-action animation, that'd be a great help!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Veritable" (Sep 2nd 2016, 8:19pm)