Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 1:19am

Why do people care so much about something that is essentially nothing but a character skin & VO combination?

This. We even have French guns and vehicles in the base game, the elements that actually matter. The only reason I really care about the French faction is because I can speak French, so understanding all the soldier dialogue would be really cool.

Assault: Much-improved mid-range performance vs. SMGs and Shotguns.

This is a perfect example of exactly why there aren't all-class weapons.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 1:48am

@Veritable

i like the idea, but not the damage model, we don't want classes to go over other classes territory, which means if you get an all kit weapon, you want it to perform very mediocrily at allranges, but still be usable.

something like
2x HSM
start btk: 2
end btk:4 or less
drop off:0-100 meters
and higher rof than scout BA

would probably do the job at implementing a mediocre class of weapons that can still be used to some effect at XX range for X class, without interfering with other classses roles(note: i didn't calculate the damage drop-off, that's just a very rough guesstimate that it'll be a 3sk at no more than 25-ish meters)

use on assault: would clearly be better than smgs at range, but worst at the intended ranges of DMR(higher ttk) and BA(higher accuracy, ones shot)
uso on medic: would be slightly better in close range(higher damage and chance of 1hk) and somewhat more accurate just past the intended range of dmrs(yet still longer ttk), but in general dmrs would prove a more useful choice due to their unreliability(like shotguns in past battlefield games)
use on support: would give a different choice of role, as lmgs have a very specific role in this game and could soewhat compete with assault and scout if you can hit multiple shots on a sniper, they would most likely lose against a dmr.
use on scout: don't, they are a weaker version of sniper rifles after all.

a 3 shot kill model would make them less useful than the bow or mare's leg in bf4, as they wouldn't be able to be used on anything but the assault class(and even there they'd be mediocre).
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Jun 23rd 2016, 1:56am)

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 1:48am

This is a perfect example of exactly why there aren't all-class weapons.

Fair enough. I'm not a game designer and like I mentioned before that post was a bit of a rant on my part.

Still, as things stand right now, due to the playing style I'm comfortable with (I really, REALLY prefer medium-range and I take pride with having decent Accuracy % at the end of the round) in BF1 I don't see myself playing anything but Medic. This is in contrast to BF4 where I split time between Engineer > Assault > Support depending on game mode / map / needs of the Squad I'm in ("Oh, there's already 3 Engies in my squad and they all have the Ammo thing blinking next to their names. Maybe I should spawn as Support.").

Once again, I'm not trying to sway anyone. Just giving my points of view. After all it's not "my" game and DICE will do what they think is best for the whole of their user base.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,856)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 10:06am

I had the pleasure to visit Mauser (and H&K) in Oberndorf, these are the perks that come with my geopolitics degree. :) I actually could hold the C96 and saw a shooting with one (they are still produced today by the way, as novelty things for enthusiasts) and can say that the Carbine version is indeed a worth trade-off for being a pilot. I guess the loss of gadgets, I presume, hits harder. Solving the issue of using vehicles as a taxi is indeed worth a change in mechanics.

I would agree though with Viper that the lack of BAs is an issue with both authenticity and maybe even gameplay. The BAs seem to be upgraded over the BF4 versions anyway and scopes really help in aquiring targets. I am in doubt about the new model and think they could be prone to abuse or frustration. And of course it would be authentic if the BAs were all-kit. Still we will have to see how it works out.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 11:04pm

I'm impressed by this animation detail for mid-mag reloads in stripper-clip fed guns, catching and reinserting the unfired cartridge: https://embed.gyazo.com/3a326d05a3b4b6d3c5848b69c14c543b.gif
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 3
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield Hardline

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 11:12pm

I'm impressed by this animation detail for mid-mag reloads in stripper-clip fed guns, catching and reinserting the unfired cartridge: https://embed.gyazo.com/3a326d05a3b4b6d3c5848b69c14c543b.gif

bet my ass that in real life to do something like that you'd at least need a crapton of training.

i love it.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, June 24th 2016, 12:09am

I had the pleasure to visit Mauser (and H&K) in Oberndorf, these are the perks that come with my geopolitics degree. :) I actually could hold the C96 and saw a shooting with one (they are still produced today by the way, as novelty things for enthusiasts) and can say that the Carbine version is indeed a worth trade-off for being a pilot. I guess the loss of gadgets, I presume, hits harder. Solving the issue of using vehicles as a taxi is indeed worth a change in mechanics.

That's very cool!

Actually, the Pilot/Tanker does get gadgets; in the E3 build they got a pistol-carbine, pistol, Medic's repair wrench, and Scout's flare gun. They also get the in-vehicle self-repair ability, which no other class gets.

This is so amazing. :love:

For those who may not like how "showy" it is (I do, but some may not) with letting the round fly out a bit and catching it, this is specific to the G98; all the others simply pull the round back into the magazine before it actually flies out.

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, June 24th 2016, 2:38am

So instead of dogtags can I take the enemies boots?
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, June 24th 2016, 7:29am

I'm just hoping for like an old west DLC that adds like the colt .45 peacemaker and a winchester 94 carbine if only because they weren't that old or outdated.

Forger21

for all your voodoo needs

(512)

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, June 24th 2016, 8:00am

I'm just hoping for like an old west DLC that adds like the colt .45 peacemaker and a winchester 94 carbine if only because they weren't that old or outdated.

Apparently the Russians had a ton of Winchester 1894s built to take Mosin-Nagant stripper clips and fire the russian caliber round during WW1, and several other countries used Winchester's in rear echelon roles to free up other rifles for the front lines. The Americans had plenty of Colt and Smith and Wesson revolvers in use as service pistols too. So you might get your wish ;)

Edit: Actually we already have gameplay with that Russian Winchester: Russian 1895

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Forger21" (Jun 24th 2016, 8:07am)