Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, May 26th 2016, 1:04am

Passive Spotting happens on a delay.

Only after holding your crosshair on target for 1 second will a 3D spot icon appear. Until then, you have to track the target as it moves around, meaning that for the most part you had to be aware of what you're looking at. Not only that, but 3D spots will occur as a natural part of the engagement. It pretty much happens with the way things are now, only you have an additional button to press before/while you fire.

Compare this to the current system where all you have to do is mash Q.
I have no issue with passive spotting as it is in BF4 but, don't take away intant spotting via button press to replace it with a tracking system, that just sounds frustrating.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 26th 2016, 1:26am

I have no issue with passive spotting as it is in BF4 but, don't take away intant spotting via button press to replace it with a tracking system, that just sounds frustrating.

It's actually very intuitive!

Not to mention that Q could very well become the map ping thing people want to nerf spotting into.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 26th 2016, 1:36pm

It's actually very intuitive!

Not to mention that Q could very well become the map ping thing people want to nerf spotting into.
There's X, currently bound to the fairly pointless crouch (hold) by default. Most players have a preference for toggle crouch or hold to crouch and CTRL is the natural key to use. In my opinion X is essentially a free binding. As for console tap SELECT (or equivalent) to spot, hold SELECT for new function.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 27th 2016, 5:40am

I wasn't aware that there were controller buttons that were not overloaded. Like the Select button. Press for battlelog. Hold for big map.

We want less button presses, not more.
Data Browser

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (May 27th 2016, 8:43am)

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, May 27th 2016, 10:59am

Hmm, reminds me of how the "Laser" in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer works. Its the only attachment, which spots enemies.

Just a fraction of a second to aim at the enemy is enough to make him spotted for a few seconds.

If this is how the passive spotting would work, I am all for it. I dont want to spam RB(R1) any more.

Rebind RB to Grenade and LB could become a superior button (1 button for many things)

1st: JUMP = simple press (A-XBOX / X-PS4 keeps to be the jump button)
2nd: RUN = hold (less torture for L3) (running only if Left analog stick has value other than 0)
3rd: INTERACT = hold (easier MCOM arming)

It would be very comfortable to keep running towards a vehicle and not having to press another button (because the right button is already pressed)
Another option for the jump button is always favourable due to while jumping changing directions wasnt able so far.
If the soldier would jump over stuff while running on his own, it would make movement awesome as well.

I would still keep the other buttons as they are, as sometimes you need a dedicated button for 1 thing and 1 thing only, but this LB for this 3 things would make movement a lot smoother.
still playin' Motorstorm

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 27th 2016, 12:08pm

Looks like they've already completely changed button mapping for console since BF3. Still I definitely prefer having both, pressing Q, seeing someone light up and getting a spot assist is too satisfying.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 27th 2016, 3:43pm

Looks like they've already completely changed button mapping for console since BF3. Still I definitely prefer having both, pressing Q, seeing someone light up and getting a spot assist is too satisfying.

Here is an overview for X360. All controllers are very similar. However, in the options you can switch the "Knife" and "Crouch" Button... and that's about it.

[img]http://cdn.battlefield.com/www.battlefield.com/sites/default/files/360v2-640x360.jpg?v=1405727469480rc4[/img]

If the time needed to spot someone with passive spotting is short enough, it doesnt make a difference. You dont even need to push the button then. Just aim at him --> Autospot.

Similar to the Target Detector, but with less time and less precision required.
still playin' Motorstorm

• "potetr" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Friday, May 27th 2016, 6:10pm

Rebind RB to Grenade and LB could become a superior button (1 button for many things)
1st: JUMP = simple press (A-XBOX / X-PS4 keeps to be the jump button)
2nd: RUN = hold (less torture for L3) (running only if Left analog stick has value other than 0)
3rd: INTERACT = hold (easier MCOM arming)

I really like the idea. :D

First: In options there is a choice between "Hold" and "Press" to sprint. Toggle is MUCH smoother (I feel like the soldier just runs when I need him to) and doesn't force you to stress that stick as much. Stopping is done by letting of the left stick, which you do anyway when stopping a run. You should really try it. When Xbox CTE launched I thought my controller was broken as I stopped sprinting all the time! Turned out it was just that option having reset.

If that was the default and only option (as it should be), LB wouldn't need a "Run" function for increased smootheness.

Having "hold to sprint" and "hold to interact" on the same button would make you enter any vehicle driving past.

1st: JUMP/VAULT = single press (Activation without moving the aiming finger. Aiming while vaulting/jumping becomes easier. Buttons "A" (Xone)/"X" (PS4) free)
2nd: INTERACT = hold (Arming MCOMs is easier.)

So basically a small rework of the key bindings.

If the soldier would jump over stuff while running on his own, it would make movement awesome as well.

Could create moments of unintended vaulting (for example when running towards cover).

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)

Posts I should finish sometime:
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Vehicle gamplay
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "potetr" (Aug 27th 2016, 11:39pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 27th 2016, 9:06pm

Let go of the button.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 27th 2016, 9:16pm

@potetr

I already have the L3 to "toogle" however, its always a quick change from run to turn, ads, shoot, run, turn again. Many many many L3 toggles. I want to keep L3 at what it is, but add the option to sprint for LB in order to decrease thumb work.

Still, I am keen on your approach as well.

However, something tells me that such stuff would never happen.
still playin' Motorstorm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ARE5R06" (May 27th 2016, 10:28pm)